Don't let me get screwed over!!

phil.marsh

Buy & Sell Member
Basically I only have one key... Went to timpsons and they wanted £75 to get one cut. I would go to Nissan but that would be more expensive? I don't have the key fob with the number for my key on it so is there anyway i can find out the number? :)

adamsricky

Club Member (Trial)
hello there i work for timpson, now the key your car uses has a transponder chip inside the key its located under the little red tab, the £75 quid charge is to cut a key and code this chip you cant do this any other way unfortunalty. you can take the chip out and place it near the transponder ring which is around the ignition barrel and have a non transponder key cut which will cost £7 (however joe bloggs can nick you car now with only a screwdriver so not recomended). if thats not a option for you go back to timpson and haggle with them we work on a bonus scheme and we would rather take £50 quid for a key than nothing considering the blanks only cost us about £6 for the transponder blanks
hope this help

adamsricky

Club Member (Trial)
oh right try haggling for £35 thats the starting price on coded keys or go to another branch (loads in your area) and say the other store only qouted you £35 plus the second key is half price. ps nissan charge £150 for these keys

adamsricky

Club Member (Trial)
to be fair we make the prices up as we go along no two shops are the same lol they put are coded key prices up when then they fitted the ad900 in our store

OP
OP
P

phil.marsh

Buy & Sell Member
Havent had a chance/money yet... Need to pay for new wheel bearing on Friday :( I really need to though I'm screwed if I loose it lol