DON'T Buy a NEW Micra!?!

Well that's what we were told by our local Nissan Dealer!!!!:wow:

Took a friend in to look at getting a new Micra as she is giving her old one to her daughter and were promptly told not to get one as they're too unreliable now! WTF!!! It's not even as if he was trying to sell-up...

Evidently what's coming out of Sunderland lately is riddled with electrical/electronic faults, and before you K11 owners get too smug, we've had both, (currently a 2003 1.2SE) and had no problems with either. In fact, 2 other friends have bought K12's on our recommendation and not had problems either (Although they are pre 08 facelift...).

Moral low at the plant? Or just Nissault cost cutting again?

Antony

Ex. Club Member
its ....oops nearly swore there..... its flipping renault. the stupid cheese eating surrender monkeys. sodding frogs. i hate them, all of them... they do my nut in. they take over a wonderfull company that has produced some of the best cars of all time and ruin its reputation in less than 10 years.

its tragic. but theres not a thing can be done about it.

jim_bling

Ex. Club Member
i work at nissan actually building the cars (quashquai) and moral is terrible radio is broke and is gettin so strict with everything with regards to renault taking over nissan it has nothing to do with them its the parts that both companys are sourcing they are goin to cheeper countries to make their cars very cheep but make a big profit on them us at nissan dont find out about the problems with the cars till the customer finds them when the k12 first started on the line the engines that got put in them had to be driven till they hit 50 k miles because if not the engine would seize so its down to badly sourced parts

here is the biggest one that really got me the japan plant us in sunderland spain and another plant were all biding to win to build the quashquai as every one knows sunderland won it and we were building every quashquai out there our biggest export car was the japanease one we were building it for months till sudenly the big bosses at the japan plant came over to inspect how we built the car because there was major problems with the car (water leaking in through the windscreen just to name one) and they then took the japan exportoff us to build it at the japan plant sourcing the same parts that we were and funily enough they had the exact same problems

so its down to badly sourced parts that make the problems with new cars countermeasures have been put in now to prevent most of the new cars rolling out of the plant to have defects with nearly every part quality tested

my two bob over lol

Speedle

Ex. Club Member
shame really its all about profit now not about making quality cars, the japanese have dishonoured the name Nissan, perhaps honour means nothing to them anymore and thats why they sold out to the frogs..... either way i'd never by any of the new nissans, they dont even look Japanese anymore all the designes are blatent copies of other french styles..

very sad!

jim_bling

Ex. Club Member
jim do you know a David Whenray that works there?

depends on where abouts he works mate as its a big place nissan i work in trim and chassis trim 3 puting the heating ducts kick plate and front strut on as well as some other fiddly little bits and i have to build it all in under 56 seconds

I LOVE our K12... But I suppose margins are squeezed and so they look for cheaper suppliers.
Trouble is, not many in management seems to have worked out that poor quality will kill a brand, and they very rarely recover. Ford found out with Jag etc and funnily enough Renault know exactly what an unreliable image has done to them. The idea with Nissan as a partner WAS to cut costs through shared development and parts sourcing and improve quality by japanese engineering etc. Seems to have drifted the wrong direction, which is probably why Nissan are no longer making a profit...

Manny

Ex. Club Member
there use to be a local dixon nissan dealers near by. they have close down. is it because renault have bought them out?

there use to be a local dixon nissan dealers near by. they have close down. is it because renault have bought them out?

Not sure, but a lot of smaller Nissan dealers have gone, we've lost 1 locally too. It appears to be the multi franchise ones (unless it's Nissan/Renault) that are loosing the Nissan business.

They are looking for dealers to take on Infinity (only 15 so far...)

I Have had my Micra c+c for 6 months now and it's
been very reliable Never had no problems at all
all though i have notice it has Renault on the side
mirrors lol

As for Nissan dealers I have West Way Nissan here

JD Power customer satisfaction poll '08 - Superminis

Nissan Micra
Score 81.3%
Overall ranking Overall 34th

http://www.whatcar.com/news-special-report.aspx?NA=232612&EL=3243774

http://www.whatcar.com/NonCar/75881254260.jpg

Results by manufacturer (Nissan is 13th) (Renault is 22nd)

http://www.whatcar.com/NonCar/7588125111.jpg

The Micra only just misses out on a four-star rating. Even so, 34th place overall is a respectable result.
Nissan dealers deserve their share of the credit. Friendly, helpful staff
and the ease with which you can book the car in won many friends.
The cute styling also put a smile on owners' faces, while the
engine and transmission gave miles of hassle-free motoring.
There were one or two exterior problems and niggling faults
with the interior, which earned it only an average rating. If trouble did strike,
it was most likely to be with the heating or air-con.
Owners gave solid scores for the way the car drives,
but running costs were only good enough for an average score.

nissanmicrak12

Ex. Club Member
you have all got it wrong apart form a couple of you, kenny mate we had that talk a few weeks ago with a top gadgey they said micra wasnt makin any proffit as they could not keep up with the competition :sick: , micra was a bad car for the sunderland plant quashquai is a good one tho:grinning: , if it wasnt for the quashquai i wouldnt have a job lol. i own a new micra (Y) and i have had a few problems with mine:doh: but i cant think of a car brand mass made on a production line that dosent have any problems , here comes what we have been told from our training courses............. 1 Renullt actually saved nissan sunderland from going well and truley bust as we were in millions of pounds in automotive debt , and were going under drasticly ,
2 they tuned our lines trimmed off any money wasting activities and turned the debt in to a proffit , that was the first part of the renualt take over the second part was.........
3 to make investors proffit and give them a return of i think 20% i think they managed 17-18% which isnt bad for a company . i would tell the person that told you not to buy a new micra to back his own job , from when we first made the micra k12 they did have a lot of problems but nissan do everything they can to iorn out these known problems on the line. for instance how can you fix a problem on a car that you dont know exists ? a lot of the problems on the k12 have been identified and rectified on the ones that are getting buillt now ..... so if you buy a brand new k12 08 micra they will have less problems than a k12 03 micra because the problems have been sorted (apart from the ratteling windows lmao) all the other things you have to expect to go wrong like sensors ect REMBER THERE IS MORE ELECTRONICS ON THE K12 :doh: so there will be more to go wrong as with all types of technolgy hey the french aint lookin that bad now eh?the micra i think as far as we were told by trevor mann is finishing and at the end of its life anyway. thats my 2pence worth to ya all too lol :grinning:

Well like I've said before, apart from the boot switch when we first got it, it's been totaly ok (even with me working on it!). Just the local dealer with a bee in his bonnet (although our neighbour is having tracking and exhaust rattle issues with his new K12)

Read in Autocar today that the Micra is moving to India and a new Micra sized softroader to be built in Sund'. A new smaller than Micra Nissan badged Suzuki to be built in India too, then a new 'March' to be built there after current Micra's finished in 2010.

ALLEGEDLY bIG monies on the fact renault have got their grubby hands on nissan?
taken the technology and now assest stripping?.............:devil:

LETS HOPE NOT

circa BMW and poor old rover
FUNNY THAT previously said 'nissan arent making any profit'?
BMW said that about rover
.................but rover were beating their a££es with sales taken from BMW previously

not making any profit?
jeezas
Renault reliability was pi££ poor ........
Nissan's was amazing....

you do the maths

Fordy

Ex. Club Member
i am mechanic for nissan and i can tell you the new micras are far more reliable than they have ever been and are getting more and more reliable!

i recommend you find yourself a new salesmen tbh

nothing wrong with new micras at all, tbh they get loads better at every facelift and were seeing better quality parts being used etc

Rob

Cosworth turbo'd 1.3
Weird... i work as customer advisor for Nissan Dealer and VERY rarely have K12's coming in with problems and we have sold thousands!

The only problem we seem to have recently is central door locking actuators noisy.

I just thought I'd post on here what the salesman was saying!

I've got nothing against the K12, and can't think of anything in the class I'd want to trade it in for...