donor car not starting /

hello /as I have said in a previous post I have a donor car which was running but now will not start / there is no spark and the fuel pump relay does not work / I know these items come from the computer so I changed the computer and matching steering lock sensor with another one but it is still the same / I would be most grateful for any ideas as I do not want to take the car apart until I get it running / it is a 2002 micra / I know the earlier ones had an eccs relay / has this one got one / thank you / william

hello /as I have said in a previous post I have a donor car which was running but now will not start / there is no spark and the fuel pump relay does not work / I know these items come from the computer so I changed the computer and matching steering lock sensor with another one but it is still the same / I would be most grateful for any ideas as I do not want to take the car apart until I get it running / it is a 2002 micra / I know the earlier ones had an eccs relay / has this one got one / thank you / william
You changed the chip in your key also didn't you?
hello / thank you for the reply / I fitted a computer / ignition barrel / sensor and key all matching / william

hello / I will look at that over the next few days / I have a friend that had one of these cars and it got stolen from outside his house / it was there and then an hour later it was gone / I would like to know how they did it / william

hello / I will look at that over the next few days / I have a friend that had one of these cars and it got stolen from outside his house / it was there and then an hour later it was gone / I would like to know how they did it / william
hello / here I am again on my learning curve / I have taken the voltage reading from the crank sensor and it is just over 6 volts / this was taken at the terminals of the computer with the sensor still connected / when the engine is not turning over there is no voltage at these terminals / I do not have a tacho. and am not sure where to check this / what is the best way to try to read any codes in the computer / the car is a 2002 one of the last / I would suspect the computer but it is still the same with an other computer with matching key etc fitted / more help please / william

frank

Club Member
you need an obd2 setup to check the rpm pulses william, £5 bluetooth dongle and android phone, or £5 data lead and laptop freeware

hello all / I have spent some time checking out all your suggestions with no luck / but I have found something / I have two relays in the engine bay close to the fuse box / both are blue / they are fitted into a holder that would take 6 relays / the second relay in has a permanent 12v supply on one of the coil pins / this is the same as my own car and it gets this supply from fuse 25 in the drivers side fuse box / when I turn the ignition key in my own car to the position where the dash lights come on this relay energises / on the donor car it does not / I have traced the wire from the relay and it goes to the computer / this wire needs to be switched to earth to operate the relay so either the computer has a fault or whatever operates the computer is not doing so / I have tried two computers with correct key / what is the best way to check for a fault code on this car / 2002 k11 / i need to get the car stripped so i am thinking of removing the engine and setting it up in the garage with just what i need to run it / that way i might just clear the fault / if anybody can tell me the least items i need to do this please do so / as i have said in the past i live on an island and the elec. supply is sometimes down / some people generate their elec. from the wind but i have a generator with no engine so if i can get this going it could be used for that until i need to put it in my car / thank you all / william

hello all / I have spent some time checking out all your suggestions with no luck / but I have found something / I have two relays in the engine bay close to the fuse box / both are blue / they are fitted into a holder that would take 6 relays / the second relay in has a permanent 12v supply on one of the coil pins / this is the same as my own car and it gets this supply from fuse 25 in the drivers side fuse box / when I turn the ignition key in my own car to the position where the dash lights come on this relay energises / on the donor car it does not / I have traced the wire from the relay and it goes to the computer / this wire needs to be switched to earth to operate the relay so either the computer has a fault or whatever operates the computer is not doing so / I have tried two computers with correct key / what is the best way to check for a fault code on this car / 2002 k11 / i need to get the car stripped so i am thinking of removing the engine and setting it up in the garage with just what i need to run it / that way i might just clear the fault / if anybody can tell me the least items i need to do this please do so / as i have said in the past i live on an island and the elec. supply is sometimes down / some people generate their elec. from the wind but i have a generator with no engine so if i can get this going it could be used for that until i need to put it in my car / thank you all / william

hello all / me again / I have found a diode with three wires from it hidden in the loom under the windscreen / any ideas what it is for before I start following the wires / micra 2002 k11 / thank you / william

hello / yes you did and thank you / I just thought that some one may have come across it / if so it would save me searching / I only found this diode as I have removed the complete dashboard / you would never see it otherwise / I had very interesting talk with a man called ed. and he has promised to send me all the info. he has on these cars / he can only supply an ecu without the immobiliser for the earlier cars as he has not had much to do with the later ones / you also cannot read the codes by linking wires together at the diagnostic socket / you need a code reader to plug in / it is all very interesting but I think that we would be better with mk2 fiestas / no ecu / no sensors / that is all at the moment / no doubt more to come / william

Not sure if I've sent you this before, but here's a link to the wiring. Our coilpack cars start at pg294.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/xfd9lsn73cz0aaq/ELECTRICAL-2.pdf?dl=0
hello / I have been through the circuit diagrams from the link that you sent me but I must be doing something wrong as I cannot find the 300 that you mention / the diode that I found is perhaps a bit more than a diode as I notice that it has a picture on it of two diods connected back to back / three wires from it / one goes to the ecu one to the rear window heater and heater switch and one to the fuse box / william

Its the page number shown in the PDF program as you scroll through the document.
hello once more / I am sorry to take up your time but I have been through all the pages from the link this time with my glasses on / the only numbers that I have on the pages are a large number in the centre of the page near the bottom and another very small number to the right of the page at the bottom / not all pages have this number and there is one or two letters with it / on no page is the number 300 that you refer to / I am beginning to think that I have a computer problem / thank you for any more info / william

No problem William. You need to look for Supplement vii(top left) EL-7002(middle of page) which starts about 100 pages from the back of the document. Your PDF program just must not show page numbers that's all.