Donny and other show thoughts...

micra man

Golf GTi Turbo
I'm not too sure where this thread is going and if I even should post it as it isn't in anyway a negative view, and I definitely do not want to offend anyone, but I feel that over the last few years at shows including Donny the MSC hasn't done itself any favours with the quality of cars on show. Although last year's JAE was great and the standard of cars at Donny was quite high I feel that this year at the shows the club may not have much to offer. Each year these shows get larger and larger and the standard of cars get higher and higher. The only way that this club will grow and be more successful at shows is if we all show what the micra is capable of, by displaying a large and varied selection of both modified and tuned cars. At present I feel that we are seriously lacking in these categories of cars, and although we have many people interested in coming to Donny this year, there is very few cars that would make people consider buying a micra to modify. In particular I am talking about Donny which is one of the biggest shows for extreme and highly modified cars. If people see a different car which is modified and they like it it may make them want to buy one and join the club. Basically all I am trying to say is we need more people to go out there and do something extreme and different. The majority of us prefer to be unique anyway as many of us modify our micras, I feel that there just isn't enough to offer as a club at the moment to truly encourage people to join us. All I am saying is there used to be a passion in this club to push it forward and so good things which seems to have gone a little, lets get it back and make this years shows a great year for the MSC, by having yet more laughs and creating and displaying some cracking cars!!! :D

p.s. Its also not a case as we don't have the cars, as we do have a large number of cars that are of a high standard its just that people do not seem interested in going with them to show themselves on the MSC.

R

RIK

by jae my car will be modded enuff ,,trust me!
its hard to do get the cash wen your paying for the car still! and its under warranty
passion is their but i cant do anything whilst parts arnt available yet and i dont have funds yet!....just give me some time and it will be mint :D
i could easily throw cheap parts on it each week and make it heavily modded quikly..but im not going down that road,i aint putting ####e on my car and ill wait for the right parts to come along before rushing into buying them

so thats why my car aint modded "extreme"this year,,,just need time basicly :D

Kev

Pro Cut Vinyl
Founding Member
Official MSC Trader
The stand I have lined up for this years Donny will be very impressive!

I will annouce who exactly is going very shortly, let's just say it will be the MSC's finest club stand at donny since we first started going.

Interesting post Dan, I don't think it's a case of passion but more down to a.) funds and b.) whether people can justify spending it on a Micra.

As for people joining us, we have record intakes of new members and 8 alone joined since the start of this month :) and we have a record total of 150 members, we have seen an increase in this trend since the middle of last year.

Kev

OP
OP
micra man

micra man

Golf GTi Turbo
Agreed Kev. :) Maybe it isn't all down to passion. However the likes of people like Gav who will come along and do something crazy don't seem to exist anymore to a certain extent. Fair enough money issues etc, but you got me curious as to who will be on the stand now lol?? Will it be a good balance of k10's/11/12's and also will there be a number of extreme cars on show?? :)

59 bhp is more than enough

Deactivated Account
not being funny but i dont think i would like to make a show car. tbh show cars arnt what im into. big wheels, chrome engine bays, lairy paint job etc i modify my car to make it drive better and be a better place to be (as i spend most of my life in my car) i spend quite a lot of money on my car 350 quid on my suspension *ouch* but it isnt show material and as ive said im not sure i would want it to be. i dont think its down to passion or money but what people want there cars to be.

James

Chairman
59 bhp is more than enough said:
not being funny but i dont think i would like to make a show car. tbh show cars arnt what im into. big wheels, chrome engine bays, lairy paint job etc i modify my car to make it drive better and be a better place to be (as i spend most of my life in my car) i spend quite a lot of money on my car 350 quid on my suspension *ouch* but it isnt show material and as ive said im not sure i would want it to be. i dont think its down to passion or money but what people want there cars to be.
I agree with you 59bhp, although I will be aiming for the happy side of 110bhp, I want to keep the exterior as standard as possible. Being an SR already sets it apart from "standard" K11s (and with the LED lights and crystal headlights [if they get converted]), it will look special, but not show-worthy if you get what I mean :).

I want people to think "Hah! Look at that Micra, standard, what's it doing on the Pod? Oh. There it goes!!" :)

James.

B

benmicrasr

From the pics of micra's ive seen on this site i thought the cars at donny would be to a high standard!People have got til April to get little jobs done on their cars so say in April the standard should be even higher!

Dr Zoidberg

Ex. Club Member
RIK said:
by jae my car will be modded enuff ,,trust me!
its hard to do get the cash wen your paying for the car still! and its under warranty
passion is their but i cant do anything whilst parts arnt available yet and i dont have funds yet!....just give me some time and it will be mint :D
i could easily throw cheap parts on it each week and make it heavily modded quikly..but im not going down that road,i aint putting ####e on my car and ill wait for the right parts to come along before rushing into buying them

so thats why my car aint modded "extreme"this year,,,just need time basicly :D

agree totally mate, funds and warrenty are the issue.

with my k11 it was so close to being 110-120bhp by the end of feb. but i sold it for a newer car.

if all goes well i'll hopefully have a supercharged 160sr by the end of the year, just the warrenty issue looming as thats one of the reasons i bought a new car - for the warrenty

solarice

Ex. Club Member
engine work is where im focusing at the moment...tho the outside will get a little bit of treatment...im still undecided as how far to go, as im mainly looking for a standardish look.

engine should be complete with in a few months...but no real idea when, which makes displaying it slightly difficult...tho as said the outside possibly wont look much different to a normal super s.

Mark

Ex. Club Member
the MSC does have plenty of quality cars within this club, just because there all not as ridiculous as yours doesnt mean there not good enough to put on display,

I do feel offended by your post and I do wanna go to donny and put my Super s on the stand but with an attitude like that why should I bother

tommo

Ex. Club Member
Mark said:
the MSC does have plenty of quality cars within this club, just because there all not as ridiculous as yours doesnt mean there not good enough to put on display,

I do feel offended by your post and I do wanna go to donny and put my Super s on the stand but with an attitude like that why should I bother

hahahahahhahahahahahhahaa

R

RIK

not all "extreme" cars have to hav boody kits and big wheels

ED's is exrreme but it looks standard

Ed

Fusion Motorsport
MSC Founder
Official MSC Trader
I have a new trick for this year.. but I'm not telling anyone... Just have to wait and see..

OP
OP
micra man

micra man

Golf GTi Turbo
Mark said:

Your obviously easily offended then Mark!!! The whole point of this thread was to get a discussion going about where we all think the club is going. I never once said that any of anyone else's car were not good enough to display, and I did also say that the MSC has a good selection of cars. Maybe you should try reading a little harder in future!!! Seems like you're the only one who is offended by it. I simply wanted to hear peoples plans for their cars, and I want the club to go forward... simple as!!! Whether its engine mods or exterior or ICE its all good, infact I don't even know why I'm bothering explaining myself to you since most other people seemed to get the point of the thread!!!

Ed

Fusion Motorsport
MSC Founder
Official MSC Trader
Loud and clear Dan.
As always Mark - you jump on the high wire, I wasn't going to make a comment on this, but Mark to be honest your attitude is going to have to change if you ever want to get on with anyone here.

Fordy

Ex. Club Member
micra man said:
I simply wanted to hear peoples plans for their cars, and I want the club to go forward...

No offense is ment at all in the below to anyone:

Recently on the msc theres alot of secrets about what mods people are doing to their cars like what ed has said for example "I have a new trick for this year.. but I'm not telling anyone... Just have to wait and see.."

This is what is making the msc very boring at the moment in my opinion, sure theres a few conversions going on but nothing really thats interesting or updated enough to be interesting,

I feel if people are more open to post up what they are doing rather than saying "I'm not telling anyone... Just have to wait and see.." even if you give us an idea of what to look forward to, might get people interested in this site more, true people doing the mods want them to be unique and not copied before they have done it them selfs.

Kev

Pro Cut Vinyl
Founding Member
Official MSC Trader
Mark said:

Mark,
Donny Show is setup for the extreme end of car modification, it's one of the UK's premier shows to cater for this. So for the MSC to attend such a show then the car's selected for this must follow suit and I do my best to ensure this happens. In previous year's some people have dropped out so spaces have been filled by standard (ish) cars.

So cars like Ed's March, Dan's K10 and James K11 Turbo are the sort of cars we look to take to these shows to promote the MSC for this particular type of show, and this year we'll have several new cars on show which will be good for the club.

Kev

B

burger

every one has there own views.

every one has there own veiws on what could be good for the club, and there own cars, wether they say there plans for there motor or not. but i have to say ive been coming on here for a couple of months and i have found it very interesting to hear what people think of micras and what people have done in the way of modifieing micras. it has given me alot of good ideas what to do to my micra but seeing what people have done to there motors has helped me to think outside the box to make mine different to everyone elses such as planse to convert my micra to a van.

Ed

Fusion Motorsport
MSC Founder
Official MSC Trader
Fordy, I do totally agree with you, and usually I am far more open but since this has not happened yet I will not become part of the "I'm going to do this but it never happens crowd" Plus its a tease to those who I hope are trying to beat my best time... and those who make excuses for their big power who can't or wont.. for fear of being shown up perhaps? hehehe (shall I keep stirring?) anyway.. I do agree, I'm just being a hypocrite

59 bhp is more than enough

Deactivated Account
i dont think you would be part of the im gonna crowd ed. what you have done so far i think this is the last thing that people would think. tbh i think it would be good for a sticky thread. as long as pics of what is happening is put up i think it would be a good idea.

OP
OP
micra man

micra man

Golf GTi Turbo
No offense is ment at all in the below to anyone:

Recently on the msc theres alot of secrets about what mods people are doing to their cars like what ed has said for example "I have a new trick for this year.. but I'm not telling anyone... Just have to wait and see.."

This is what is making the msc very boring at the moment in my opinion, sure theres a few conversions going on but nothing really thats interesting or updated enough to be interesting,

I feel if people are more open to post up what they are doing rather than saying "I'm not telling anyone... Just have to wait and see.." even if you give us an idea of what to look forward to, might get people interested in this site more, true people doing the mods want them to be unique and not copied before they have done it them selfs.

Agreed 100% Fordy. :) Its kool when you can come onto the site and actually see progress of people's plans coming together. Thats why I post progress pics of things that I have done, door cards etc, there's only a select few now who seem to care and post a positive reply encouraging me to keep on doing things myself. I like nothing more than people having a go at something and posting up with their progress. Its what the club is all about. Ed, I think you and your plans are just crazy and don't doubt that you will surprise us all at the shows this year, yet again. :)

solarice

Ex. Club Member
agree with fordy also...however if id posted up six months ago what i was thinking of doing, while there still a chance i might change my mind then...i may have caused interest in a project that wasnt even going to start.

So i can understand peoples reasoning behind keeping quiet.

However im now going ahead with it and as soon as i actually start putting it together, then i'll let you lot know :)

Dr Zoidberg

Ex. Club Member
agree with ya mate, seen as how i was gonna do the same thing as ya. putting it up on here would have been silly as, well you can see i gave up on the idea lol