doing a SR20DE swap

Hi guys,

First of all, I know what you're thinking "not another one that's going to quit mid-project". I've read most of the topics about the subject on this and other forums (including projects) and I'm aware that it's going to be a time-consuming project (I'm having a local mechanic work on it though). Been collecting info on the subject for the past 6 months. My idea is to use a P10 Primera eGT lump (so N/A, not DET), which, form what I read, is possible to do. I'm already aware that the front crossmember will need to be replaced with the P10's, engine mounts adjusted/welded, possibly chassis cutting to fit the water pump/replace it with an electric one, bulge at the back (bulkhead) cut and re-welded where the heating matrix is (to fit the lump), replace gearbox, ECU, loom, driveshafts (pls correct me if I'm wrong on something here, appreciate all the help I can get :) ).

Couple of questions though are still running in my mind:

- Going to replace the front brakes with some AD22VFs (GTIr calipers + EBC vented rotors) and at the same time, replace the master cylinder with the Primera's and replace the brake lines with some Goodridge Stainless Phantom lines (current ones are originals from 20 years ago, so they really need to be replaced). Are there any differences between the P10 kit and the K11 kit (maybe length)? Should I buy a P10 kit or a K11 kit for this purpose?
- I've seen a couple of projects where the driveshafts were custom made. Trying to find someone here to make them locally, however, in case I'm unable to, do you guys know of someplace that makes them and ships abroad (within the EU)?
- I'm replacing the loom with the P10s, as recommended in some posts around here, but wanted to keep the K11's instrument cluster. I've found the G20 Nissan workshop manual online (which from what I've read is a tad different from the P10 eGT). Would this manual be enough to rewire what's required? Do you have any other info that might be useful here?
- I've also read on some topics that the Micra's hubs are not optimal for this purpose (aka: ****e), and to replace them with hubs from the GTIr. Since we don't have GTIr's here (can't seem to find hubs from the GTIr online and the P10s are 4x114.3, which don't fit my new alloys - they're 4x100), I was wondering if the hubs from an N15 Almera 1.4/1.6 would be ok for this purpose, or if the GTIr's are better in some way?
- Would a K11's exhaust manifold align with the SR20's output (my guess is not, but I'd like to be sure). What about a P11's mani?

Thanks,

Last edited:
the sr hubs are usually machined down to fit inside the k11 bearings yuri

janupdateslathing4.jpg

the sr hubs are usually machined down to fit inside the k11 bearings yuri

View attachment 44518

Hi Frank,

Thanks for the quick reply.

I've also read about that in the forum :) My question is: would there be any difference between the GTI hubs and the N15 1.4 hubs (which are a LOT easier to find around here) ? Asking this since I've noticed that the rotors are different (1.4's are 232mm x 18mm, GTIs are 256mm x 26mm), and I want to fit the GTIs rotors and calipers.

N15 hubs are all the same, only difference being between abs and non-abs. The gti had larger rotors and calipers but they're interchangeable between n15's of different trim levels

Sent from my klte using Tapatalk

Great, thanks for the input so far mates :)

What about this, any input you can give me on it?

- Replacing brake lines with Goodridge Stainless Phantom lines. Are there any differences between the P10 kit and the K11 kit (maybe length)? Should I buy a P10 kit or a K11 kit for this purpose?

- I'm replacing the loom with the P10s, as recommended in some posts around here, but wanted to keep the K11's instrument cluster. I've found the G20 Nissan workshop manual online (which from what I've read is a tad different from the P10 eGT). Would this manual be enough to rewire what's required? Do you have any other info that might be useful here? Is the P10 loom a near-straight fit for the K11's connections or would it be better to use adapters for the engine connections / ECU and just leave the K11's loom as it is?

- Would a K11's exhaust manifold align with the SR20's output (my guess is not, but I'd like to be sure). What about a P11's SR20DE mani?

Back