doing a project for collage with a obd help needed

i am doing a project for my collage course using a rasberry pie running android with a obd talking to it via bluetooth and haveing the app and dater logging running but hear is my question what sencors do i have in my car i drive a 1l auto 1997 k11 micra shape and can i acces the speedo temp and fuel level via the obd port

i am doing a project for my collage course using a rasberry pie running android with a obd talking to it via bluetooth and haveing the app and dater logging running but hear is my question what sencors do i have in my car i drive a 1l auto 1997 k11 micra shape and can i acces the speedo temp and fuel level via the obd port
Sounds interesting rikki :
You have maf, tps, cam/crank, cts, neutral and speed sensors

Note that your 97 is non standard odb so you cant use regular cheap chinese bluetooth odb reader Rikki

Note that your 97 is non standard odb so you cant use regular cheap chinese bluetooth odb reader Rikki
i bin doing some reading and the way it reads is that thery are backwords compateball using a attapeter but not 100% is this right

somthing like that obd box to pie runing the app then to a micro sd card or wifi dont no yet to a sever so when i pall up in the drive the dater go to my pc

That question I cannot answer, a quick websearch turned up nothing much - you can get obd I + OBD II machines so it may be a coding issue.

Ta

as far as im aware I have a few of the Bluetooth and usb readers and I thought they were backwards compatible like someone else said just using an adapter, Everything should just work, Currently I have a 4.3 inch monitor built into my rear view mirror and am planning to mount my raspberry pi in the glove box so it comes on when the car starts and auto comes up with Stats about the car int he rear view mirror.. I also have a 7 inch screen that im planning to mount in the dash at some point that can be connected to the Raspberry pi or my laptop which will do similer things and produce just about any dial that I could want :)

as far as im aware I have a few of the Bluetooth and usb readers and I thought they were backwards compatible like someone else said just using an adapter, Everything should just work, Currently I have a 4.3 inch monitor built into my rear view mirror and am planning to mount my raspberry pi in the glove box so it comes on when the car starts and auto comes up with Stats about the car int he rear view mirror.. I also have a 7 inch screen that im planning to mount in the dash at some point that can be connected to the Raspberry pi or my laptop which will do similer things and produce just about any dial that I could want :)
thank for that gust got my adaptor cable through starting it in septemper but need to figer out the obd code so i can make sence of the dater aney advise oww and can i acces the the speedo data over obd

Urm try with an app on like your smart phone or something first? plug the obd reader in and get connected up to it, Then make sure you can getting sensor data using an App like Torque. Then go from there.

Urm try with an app on like your smart phone or something first? plug the obd reader in and get connected up to it, Then make sure you can getting sensor data using an App like Torque. Then go from there.
thanks will try that is there aney websits that give you the obd codes realy need them as wirting coustem softwere

There are lots of websites that offer these, But I would check your car Manual aswell as some of the more common Fault Codes should be listed in there or in the Haynes manual, That's your best bet because if your reading online there will be thousands of codes but only a tiny fraction will be for your car, So I would say to start off just use the codes that apply to your car and get those working, once that's done then start to add more generic codes that will also work with other cars.. Because in my opinion if you spend weeks and weeks adding every code going into the software you are making then it doesn't work then its pointless.

Even if you start with commands to do very simple things with your car such as reading the speed revs and fuel Level, That should at least give you proof of concept that your software works and will take much less time, Then as you start to perfect the software you can add more codes and commands to read more sensors etc :)

Start small and then get bigger :)

There are lots of websites that offer these, But I would check your car Manual aswell as some of the more common Fault Codes should be listed in there or in the Haynes manual, That's your best bet because if your reading online there will be thousands of codes but only a tiny fraction will be for your car, So I would say to start off just use the codes that apply to your car and get those working, once that's done then start to add more generic codes that will also work with other cars.. Because in my opinion if you spend weeks and weeks adding every code going into the software you are making then it doesn't work then its pointless.

Even if you start with commands to do very simple things with your car such as reading the speed revs and fuel Level, That should at least give you proof of concept that your software works and will take much less time, Then as you start to perfect the software you can add more codes and commands to read more sensors etc :)

Start small and then get bigger :)
i looked online and cand find any codes for 1997 micras you got aney good websits

time for a up date got a ecu from my moddle of car and i am going to use that to work on as dont mind bricking this one as it dident cost a a lot but i need a pinout for it can aney one help

i think you will just need the consult wires rikki, the grey plug near the fusebox
have not got access to that as planing to have the ecu running on a table feeding fake signals into it a reading the output on the obd but i need the pinout of the ecu as ive havent got the wireloom will

little update got the wireing dirgram i need but hit a big proplem i will not be able to get the dater i wanted will oley be able to get fort cods as obd1 dus not suport live data :(

it been a long time but I done it I have the pi running but dont have the obd part running but have openelec running and it all runs off 12v and it in a custom 3d printed case with it in i will be showing in a my collage fair (stemfest) on Wednesday 2 July will have some photo and video of it running at my stand would like it if some of you coud come up and see but there no parking you woad have to park in the next street the address is Medway Rd, Gillingham, Kent ME7 1FN, United Kingdom and can you let me no if you coming it start at 9.30 and finishes at 3.30
image (3).jpeg
image (1).jpeg
image (5).jpeg
image (2).jpeg

Attachments

• image (4).jpeg
    image (4).jpeg
    2.8 MB · Views: 324
  • image (6).jpeg
    image (6).jpeg
    2.6 MB · Views: 318
Back