do you think if i have 15" alloys and 35mm lowering springs i would need arches rolled?!!

do you think if i have 15" alloys and 35mm lowering springs i would need arches rolled?!! my mates selling me his old cade eros for cheap as he wants them gone, perfect condition! just wondering if ill need to roll them arches or not, dont want scraping to happen!

Depends how wide they sit tbh. High offset should be ok but lower offset may leave them catching under weight/corners on the rear right side. The problem will be 35mm springs are still quite soft so as the car sits down over bumps if with people in the panhard rod will shift the rear wheel into contact.

But as I said it depends on width and offset if the wheels and also what tyres you run

I've never known anyone needing to roll their arches with a 35mm drop, the cades will more than likely be 6.5"/7" wide with a friendly offset 35-45. As long as you've not got giant tyres you'll be fine

tested just the alloy earlier and its close to rubbing, going to my brothers garage and testing with wheels to see if its fine, its when you full lock its pretty close to rubbing, also need to get longer bolts because the standards dont keep it in tight enough

Would 8j on a 0et go? Or we talking 7j with a 25et be safer?

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk
7j 25 will be about right for the back, might need a touch of camber on the front depending on tyres. Mine are 7j et35 and 2deg camber and just tuck in the arch at the front but I've not rolled the lip at all. On the back they're out to et25 using spacers and just tuck under the arch again but I folded the lip back as they kept catching. 195 45 r15 all round and however low you need to be to tuck tyre at the front and have a skinny finger arch gap at the back, haven't measured.

Although at 7j et25 the wheel isn't flush its just fairly minimal tuck. You could probably run 8j et0 with stiff suspension and stretched tyres

Rivet on arches can be done yeah or mega stretch lol. You'll need stiff springs though as I say or you'll chew tyres up on the arches even if the bolt ons cover the tread up.

hahaha, dont even have these wheels anymore! and deffinently wouldnt ever do a 35mm drop, its pointless, i might aswell get a fat girlfriend and sit her in the car hahaha

Paul Smith

Site Supporter
I ran mine on 16's with a 35mm drop and I thought it looked spot on. Just depends on the look and ride you want. Mine were 7j I think and it rubbed the drivers rear if I had people in the back. An adjustable panard rod sorted this

i just got my micra cabriolet and she came with 15inch wheels with 45 series tyres
she does catch
i wanted to use 13inch superlites as i have them already but i have yet to try one on the car
i quite like the look of the 15 s i will probably get arches rolled anyway
a while ago i saw wide micra arches and moulds for sale on ebay
any idea who got them and where they went
i am kicking myself now for not bidding on them ...........
micra2.jpg

^ Must be something wrong with your suspension then unless its dropped a lot?

Mines have never caught standard height or 30mm drop on 195/45/15's