Distributor (-) coil wire

Hi guys, can anyone tell me the color / location of the negative coil wire on a K11 dizzy?

Don't have a manual to hand unfortunately!

I think it may be the white and green striped one
my tacho wire was blue paul, on the smaller 2 wire plug

Thanks for the info guys, from looking at the coil plug it looks like the white/green wire connects through to the blue. So i should be able to take a take off from either side :)

My thinking is the limiter works by disrupting the signal in this wire & effecting the spark.

Worth continuety testing the wire, when I was messing about with that side of things white/green was usually 12V.

I'll send you over the schematics for the ecu wiring if you like (let me know your email address or email me at [email protected] and ill reply).
Ed

Hi Ed that would be great thank you me email is [email protected] :)

Ta for the info on the 12v as well
I'll send it over tomorrow morning, if I forget please remind me!
I'm not sure about wire colour but it's always worth double checking eh, there is also an inline resistor type thing as for as I remember (its in the schematics), no idea what it does, maybe protects the ecu from voltage spikes?

I'll send it over tomorrow morning, if I forget please remind me!
I'm not sure about wire colour but it's always worth double checking eh, there is also an inline resistor type thing as for as I remember (its in the schematics), no idea what it does, maybe protects the ecu from voltage spikes?

Hi Ed, if you wouldnt mind sending that over that would be very handy to have :)

Il have to did my ammeter out!

************ INFO ************

For anyone else needing the negative coilwire it's the Light Green / Black wire :) (also the blue wire on the opposite side if the coil plug)

Hi

Would this work for after market rev counter??

thanks
It did on mine, btw car still runs if the connection is broken(if your tacho breaks the car would still run), somehow... but gives an error code, seems the ecu monitors the return from the coil. You can intercept the wire closer to the ecu of it's easier for your wiring.

Back