Disc brakes in the rear?

I don't think i could register it as "rebuilt car" with insufficient brakes, plans are CG13 with ~130-140whp

130-140 whp? is it turbo or highly modified the engine?

I have 125whp in my ek10 and the gti-r pulsar caliper and 260mm discs and rear drums are well up to the job, actually over kill for a car this light

Turbo ofcourse, im strongly against N/A tuning, i dont see how its overkill :) my friend has 350hp in a 1250kg car, and that feels like the amount of power i want

Skickat från min HTC Sensation Z710e via Tapatalk 2

Cool what the plans for the engine? If turbo'ing the 1.3 then you are probably better off putting disc setup on the rear but I would spend any money on it until the engine , ecu and tuning are done to assess the braking power needed , I would put the gti-r setup on the front for starters with slotted rotors and maybe ebc red stuff or yellow stuff pads and then address the rears. You are jumping ahead of yourself asking about disc conversions, most of these turbo engined k10's never get completed or even started

Pistons + rods from Fusion Motorsports (if still available), Megasquirt ECU, better headgasket (have not researched that one yet)

Have not decided what turbo to go for yet, i have a Garret T03 in the garage but that would be far to big and laggy (good for up to 350hp max) so maybe a turbo from a Saab or something like that, that has a limit close to the power im looking for.

Exhaust will be a straight 3" with just one freeflow muffler in the back, to help spoolup.

Im asking because i want to do as much research as possible before i get started, and i want to know if there would be any disc brakes that would be pretty much bolt on, or if Lathe and CNC work will be needed.

I have found a possible donator car but its a CG10, but i think i might start with that since its the same block and bore as CG13, do you know if the head is different?

Back