disappointed

nismo_k12

Ex. Club Member
Bonjour,
It's been a while since i last posted. To quickly sum up how i feel about the K12 section at the minute....disapointed. Where's the crazy k12's we used to dream of?

Don't make me buy another k12 to show you how it's done!

mmm 12SR......in white...mmmm

I'd like to do more to ours, but the Misses ain't keen, plus it's an everyday motor & she's disabled so I gotta keep it reliable...

Still, hasn't stopped me from tweaking it! Alpine head unit with i-Pod dock, and modified '08 grill are my latest additions.

Looking out for a 'sport' rear bumper for it next, and maybe K11 door protectors (colour matched) just to keep it different!

would have more done to mine but its still under warrenty til end of next june so i`m a bit stuck

I think that has a lot to do with it. One reason I went through the parts lists to find Nissan accessories... Then looked for dealers selling it of cheap (like my body kit £10!!! & my alloy wheels £75!!!) Also, the wheels are a bit of an odd size (so you can't use ones of a different model/make like you could with the K11:greenfl:), there's not much out there that is either for RHD (lights) or not hugely expensive and from Japan! :k12white:

Maybe in a few years when a 'new' micra is released (i.e. k13 or summit lol) dealers wont charge the earth for a k12 and youll see more on here :)

p1_5w4d i think has hit the nail as there is nothing worse than a car with a warranty for modding :p

Maybe in a few years when a 'new' micra is released (i.e. k13 or summit lol) dealers wont charge the earth for a k12 and youll see more on here :)

p1_5w4d i think has hit the nail as there is nothing worse than a car with a warranty for modding :p

there won't be a k13 as the micra name is being retired.

its cos its french and any attempt at modifying it beyond filter exhaust or styling and it will have a froggy hissy fit and flake out on you...

lol its true, i now sell parts to nissan dealers and the number of times we get k12 micras on is unreal. i mean all we get for k11's is brake parts and the odd exhaust, k12's is all, coil pack, ecu's, AFmeters, crank/cam sensors, abs sensors etc etc

basicaly everything electrical lifted from the clio goes wrong and gives the micra a bad name. but ist not a micra.....its a clio in drag.

Whilst there are Renault parts in the K12, the current Clio owes more to the K12 than vies versa.

You may not like the K12, but stop slagging them off! Not only are there more K12's than 11's now, but they are a much more sophisticated car, and as such, there are going to appear to be more faults! However, I've also noticed more K11's are starting to appear stopped at the side of the road now as they are getting on a bit. Reliability etc was why we bought one, and whilst I loved our old K11, I wouldn't go back as I prefer the interior, feel and look of the K12. Also, ours is 5 years old & hasn't let us down once yet, and it's used to go across Europe several time a year!

As for modding, there are ALOT of trick Clios in Europe, and I've seen some very nice Micra's in Germany, but as cars evolve and become more expensive, you're seeing less and less modified ones with each new generation.

A Micra is a Micra whatever model and deserves your support!

(PS: I've modded the front grill on ours to more resemble the one on our old K11 -so you can't call me biased!

haha, yeah, i suppose. but when you get all this technology, you would have thaught they would get it right before releasing so many differenty technologies into the market place, in one car. at the same time. thats just asking for trouble. afterall i find it hard to spot a k12 in grimsby in the morning, but there are 6 k11's down my street alone..... and theyre never off the road.

maybe its unfair to compare afterall the k11 was and still is one of the most reliable cars ever made..

I secretly like K12s.
In fact, I'm planning one for my next car, though it'l be a while til I'm finished with my K11 ;)

We wanted to keep our K11... But some economic migrant pulled out and onto the wrong side of the road writing ours off!

I don't think there's anything wrong with the tech (or the amount of it) on the K12, alot of it's needed for emissions etc, it's just built down to a price, and an increase in total number of things that can go wrong. Ours has been great, but a close friend had problems straight from the dealers...

As for popularity, in the immediate roads around where I live there are 3 k11s and 5 K12s!

according to work there is not gunna be a new micra as the model is at the end of its life

I already said that :p
i know just thought i would say again but reinforce it lol thats from the makers at NMUK. i think in feb, nissan sold 300 odd c+c's round the world which states there not selling too well ,cant remember how many micras were sold but it was a lot less than the quashquai

Back