Dirty Dirty Engine!

micra_tom

MICRA FTW!
How the heck can i get my engine bay GLEEAMING! I feel disgusted when i open the bonnet and i see this grime infused peice of machinery lol .. so basically i want to clean it up, tidy it and get it looking sexyy! (Y)

I would concider buying new parts aswell if anyone has any good suggestions? (shiny bits? hoses?)

heres some pictures of the dirty old girl!

Photo0641.jpg

Photo0642.jpg

Photo0644.jpg

Photo0643.jpg

Thanks again chaps AND chappes's (if thats even a term :suspect: )

You could add a powder-coated cam-cover.brightens things up a bit

wheels002.jpg

I've just noticed the difference in the lettering on the cam -cover too.

did you buy that induction kit off ebay from someone called 'mankian'? looks very much like one i sold recently.. lol

did you buy that induction kit off ebay from someone called 'mankian'? looks very much like one i sold recently.. lol

Nah that wasnt me bud, i got mine about 6 months ago now i think :)

and 1275..that does look really good mate, but i havent really got the balls to take off the cover lol.. Would love to get it red with black writing though :eek:
BTW that engine looks so clean...thats what i want mine to be like, but more flashy lol:p

any other suggestions...how can i break through them layers of dirt? what can i buy to glam it up? etc.

I use meguairs super degreaser and a few different brushes then rinse it with the hose not a pressure washer just a hose on light spray then coat the engine bay in 303 aerospace protectant.

Remember to cover up all eletrics.

-Doug =]

Thanks for the advice guys, i may try and tackle this today...so the parts that i would need to cover would be ?

Iv attached a picture and i have circled the parts that i think i need to cover, but if someone could clarify?

thanks again

Attachments

• Photo0641.jpg
    Photo0641.jpg
    185.5 KB · Views: 280
you shouldnt need to cover the plugs as there sealed just dont turn a hose directly on them.
take the battary out imo. cover the altenator and the air filter aswell.

btw - i take no reasonablity if you ###### the engine...cleaning the engine is always risky. =]

i just used some elbow grease, a lick of paint and new ht leads to make my engine bay look a lot better.

DSC00620.jpg

i still have an induction kit to fit when i have some spare time

erm, parafin, a tooth brush, old rag, if you can get one a microfibre cloth and some brasso/autosol.

take your cam cover off and get realy aggresive with it, clean it in the dishwasher and then attack it with a wire wheel on a drill.... trust me ive done about 40 of them. they come up lovely.

Good Job (Y) wish you could do mine! :p

here how my nef.. did mine ,warmed it up took it around the block a few times parked then coverd up the air filter etc...etc...etc.. then he applyed "GUNCK" got it from halfords waited for about a 15 sec.. then he used a brush to really rub it in hoesd it of ,:bingo clean as if it just left the factory:p

here how my nef.. did mine ,warmed it up took it around the block a few times parked then coverd up the air filter etc...etc...etc.. then he applyed "GUNCK" got it from halfords waited for about a 15 sec.. then he used a brush to really rub it in hoesd it of ,:bingo clean as if it just left the factory:p

ooohhh nice looks like ill be going to halfies over the weekend fingers crossed the weather holds out

Back