Digial Clocks (FAO Arnold and Ems)

rlees85

Ex. Club Member
Alrite :)

If those digital facelift clocks (with rev counter) are still available from that scrapyard im willing to pay £40 to my door (£45 max)....

Mileage/etc not an issue

Am i too late for this?

Retepetsir

King of Subsonic
I might be going up to Bridges at the weekend, its about 30 minutes drive from me. Not sure I'd be able to get into the 'secret' area though...

OP
OP
R

rlees85

Ex. Club Member
if you do and you can get them to my doorstep for £45 (taking into consideration getting them, posting them, etc) then please grab them ;) would really appreciate it!

Ems

Ex. Club Member
Were in sussex this weekend so i'll let you know. He's on his way back from Belguim as we speak lol!!

Pete, if u go give Arnold a bell. We'll meet u there :)

Retepetsir

King of Subsonic
I don't think it's open Sunday, and I'm busy Saturday afternoon so I'll probably end up going on Saturday morning....

I've got to swap my wheels back over to standard steelies too, boohoo :(

Thought I'd just have a look for some bits and pieces as I haven't been since last summer :)

Edit: Open 8am-4pm so I'll try to aim to get there for around half 9 - 10ish.

OP
OP
R

rlees85

Ex. Club Member
cheers. really appreciate it. would probably stretch to £50 becuase im pretty desprate having just blew my clocks up. but please dont rip me off lol :)

OP
OP
R

rlees85

Ex. Club Member
nah i can put clocks in fine.... i blew them up by trying to wire in an aftermarket rev counter (tapping into the speedo clocks for rev singal, power and ground).

the clocks (dispite pouring out white smoke and stinking pretty danm bad) actually still work!!!! but its just a question of how long for.

edit: not tapping into he actual clocks but the wires behind them

Arnold

www.alanarnold.co.uk
Site Supporter
Im so tired, i think im going to sleep from now until monday lol. Na im sure we can find time to get over there and grab them for you. I'l say there from a crappy old micra to keep the cost down, but because its from the secret yard, they may recognise it's a newish part and charge more for it.

Arnold

www.alanarnold.co.uk
Site Supporter
We'l go tomorrow and post back with an update. They are choosy about this yard though so there's no guarantees we'l get back in.

Retepetsir

King of Subsonic
I wouldnt call it years, it's been a while though. Last Feb wasnt it? lol

Not sure if I'm going to make it now though, I might just pop in and say hello! I have to do a few things to my car tomorrow before driving it (wheel swap, etc) and be down in Brighton by 12, so I'll see how it goes.

Otherwise I'll be at the next Santa Pod meet (whenever that happens) or hopefully JAE :)

Arnold

www.alanarnold.co.uk
Site Supporter
Sorry bud, we never made it over to the scrappy today. Had a few things on and just never fitted it in.

deano123456

Ex. Club Member
why didnt u jus use the blue wier coing out of the like black box ontop of where the ht leads go i was told this is the wier to use ?

OP
OP
R

rlees85

Ex. Club Member
Becuase:

I dont have HT Leads, I have coilpack ignition.
Its a LOT easier just to take the RPM signal from the back of the clocks.
I had no problem with the wiring - the rev counter was faulty.
I almost blew my clocks up by successfully plugging the block in, the wrong way around.

Hope that clears it up ;)

Arnold

www.alanarnold.co.uk
Site Supporter
I'l try my best to get over there, but if you can source some from someone else first, please go for it. I'l keep you posted :)