Diesel Fuel Pump Problems 1.5DCi (54 Plate)

Hi all,
Well i've been through a lot recently with my Micra. At first it would crank but not catch. After 3-4 tries it would fire up and run OK. Then it would crank and not start. So read a few forums and did the following. Changed the Glow plug Timer (The one near the battery) changed all the glow plugs.
Same issue. Cranks then after about the 3rd try it fires up. Took it in yesterday for a diagnostic(£60) and they said it's the fuel pump. Will need clarity from them as not sure which fuel pump. I imagine there is one at the tank and the main one in the engine compartment run by a belt. Prices range on ebay from £69 for a second hand spare to nearly £500 for a recon one. Nissan said it's part number 67003374R (they weren't the ones to do the diagnostic) Nissan Shepperton priced a recon at £594 plus £120 off when exchange the old one. or £805 for a new one. Before forking out hard earned cash I need to be sure which one it is. Are there compatible ones out there for example found the Clio one on ebay. Any suggestions or help please.

Would it need coding???? not sure what is meant by that (seen on ebay description for one I'm looking at - does it mean engine coding?)

There is no in tank fuel pump on 1.5 dci engines they have a hand primer in the engine bay. The prices sound about right and if the clio pump has the same pump number then it would work as long as its a good pump

Thanks for your replies. Part number i got from Nissan is 167003374R. Can't seem to find the same in spares/ebay. Any idea of compatible parts?

Try local scrap yards tell them whst car its for year make model engine they may be sble to help

What does K9K coding mean. Lots of items for sale refer to K9K compatible parts. Looked on drivers side door tag where details are and cant see such coding.

Hi
I wanted to give an update in case other members experience the same. I sorted the problem with my car out. It was NOT the fuel pump despite a printed diagnosis from a garage. I took it to Watsons Diesels in Wimbledon and they found the problem to be the 1 and 4 injectors ( back leakage) They repaired it at a fraction of the cost of replacing a fuel pump. Got a full refund from the garage that incorrectly diagnosed my problem. Hope it helps others with similar problems.

Hi
I wanted to give an update in case other members experience the same. I sorted the problem with my car out. It was NOT the fuel pump despite a printed diagnosis from a garage. I took it to Watsons Diesels in Wimbledon and they found the problem to be the 1 and 4 injectors ( back leakage) They repaired it at a fraction of the cost of replacing a fuel pump. Got a full refund from the garage that incorrectly diagnosed my problem. Hope it helps others with similar problems.
the back leakage is the return from the diesel injectors, if the return too much it can cause low fuelling on idle or throughout the rev range causing problems,

glad to hear you got it sorted :)

Back