Did you achieve everything you wanted to?!

Glenn

Ex. Club Member
I remember a thread at the beginning of the year where everyone wrote down their plans for their cars etc just interested to see if everyone achieved everything they set out to do this year..list of parts and things you have done this year would be good as well..

think all i have done is:
hmm think thats bout everything for this year, will add some if i can think of any..

ive gone further than i thought iu ever would this yearfrom lerner with standard 1.2 to passing then kit and now the engine is getting a going over

interesting thread.

Heres the origional if anyone needed a reminder..

http://www.micra.org.uk/showthread.php?t=6788&highlight=plans

Anyway for me I said..

Make good progress with fusion motorsport, Reduce debt, start to build old ST and rebuild red K10 to make that a bit more modern.

I can now say my debt is exactly the same or a little bit more, the ST has still not been started on and the Red K10 has been scrapped.. However in the middle it was made more modern..)

However the major step has been with FMS which has made very steady if a bit slow progress.. but at least in the right direction!

Yeah good thread! I originally said

Get my door repaired, find a carpet and get the interior back in! Maybe stick a 1.2 in there aswell

Well, the door was made worse by someone keying it and putting a dent in it not much later with there foot, then getting hit by a drunk driver, so decided not to bother at the moment! The carpet was fitted and is still in place.

With regards to the engine, i changed my plans from a 1.2 to a k11 1.3. I had the engine, ECU and box which ollie has now, but also got hold of a HKS turbo manifold for it (now owned by antony aiken). The engine conversion plans unfortunatly didnt quite work out. I also bought a red super s from scotland and stripped pretty much all of it for parts, the majority sold or given to Ems.

I didnt add exhaust or anything to my plans for some reason, but i had a nice loud one fitted after Donny. The car hasnt changed much else otherwise.

well i crashed 1, got a punto then sold it and now im on this micra, so plans have went pear shaped!!

but this year i am going to start saving for a new car asell as just do wee bits to mine!

Well I didn't reply to the original post but I did get everything I set out to do this year done and more actually, in my personal life as well as with the car.

My dad and I turned this into this

I got out of a job that was taking me nowhere fast and really making me unhappy and now have a job I love with loads of potential, good salary and truely great people. To top it all off I had the priviledge of meeting a VERY lovely young lady, who I'll be spending new years with.........a great way to see an old year out and a new one in! ;)

Hope to see most of you in 2007! Have a good one guys/girls :)

mine was to buy the starlet GT, but im sick of older cars now and want something newer. I could afford one however.

i think i mentioned that i was going to do a few things to my K12 in another thread. Stuff like carbon fibre bonnet, new wheels, full exhaust systems inc manifold, coilovers and some other things....

well i did none of the above because i sold it lol.

Well my plans died when the micra was declared too rusted, sad day but it was time to get the other car I've wanted, the Golf, very happy with her.

Still finishing few micras projects of my own and with some mates, so still more micra stuff for me to come

my plans are still on going...everything i mentioned plus extras are underway, nothing is yet completed but should be earlyish next year.

lol well i was WAY off the mark, but then i didn't expect to be hit by a motorcycle lol :D

i plan to build a showreel to support my business ready for next year.

car - make it fast and fun
wink.gif

My showreel is building up nicely, even if i have altered the content slightly lol. got a job now and saving hard(ish) to help me when i start up, think its gona be more like 5 years time when i go it alone. Need to learn as much as i can from the industry first.

the car was fast and fun...twice...but not at the moment so yeah i kinda achieved it all.

Well, I am afraid to admit that I have not managed to do any of the stuff I had planned at the start of the year. Two main things were responsible for this lack of modifying:

1) I went to uni, got a student account, and ended up with a bigger overdraft than I ever expected, which I am seriously going to struggle to pay off.

2) The Micra failed it's first MOT. This cost £260 to put right, and I now don't think it is worth me spending any more money modifying it, as it is more than likely just going to keep failing MOT's from now on.

Back