Did all low comp engines have 4-speed gearbox?

So, did all Micras with low compression MA10 engines have 4-speed gearbox? I thought that low compression engine production was finished with Datsun model, but I just bought -87 Micra (third K10 for me :D) and it has 4-speed gearbox. It feels very lazy to accelerate but as I checked the engine, everything is fine.

I was just thinking could I have the 9,5:1 compression ratio engine in it?

Ed

Fusion Motorsport
MSC Founder
Official MSC Trader
9.5:1 isnt really that low compression. Its just tolerent of poor quality fuels from other parts of the world. But as a general rule most of the 9.5:1 had 4 speed and most of the 10.5:1 had 5 speed.

OP
OP
T
Yes, I know that 9,5:1 is actually high compression ratio, but compared to higher comp MA10, it's lower :upside: btw, wasn't the high comp 10,3:1 or do I remember wrong :wasntme:

Today I put 95 octane fuel to it instead of 98 what I used before, and it started knocking on lower rpms, so probably it has the high comp engine.

D

Djdr1veB1

How would you be able to tell quite interested in this as my car seems to accelerate a lot better than my gfriends! I have a four speed box and she has a five i assumed my ratio might be closer hence i was charging through the gears and pulling away shaper? Might just be that my car is loved more and likes to puurrrr 4 me!!!

James

Chairman
Djdr1veB1 said:
How would you be able to tell quite interested in this as my car seems to accelerate a lot better than my gfriends! I have a four speed box and she has a five i assumed my ratio might be closer hence i was charging through the gears and pulling away shaper? Might just be that my car is loved more and likes to puurrrr 4 me!!!
Hey man nice to see you around again, bit O/T but apparantly there is a Jap meet in Bluewater on tuesday...

j.a.kelly

Ex. Club Member
The b-reg micra k10 i got (some of u will remember it? - the very 1st shape?) that was a 1.0 GL and it a had a 5speed box, seemed to be quicker than other k10s i have driven...but maybe that was due to the lack of weight (the shell was...er rusted lol)

best £27 i ever spent that!!!

JK