Did all low comp engines have 4-speed gearbox?

So, did all Micras with low compression MA10 engines have 4-speed gearbox? I thought that low compression engine production was finished with Datsun model, but I just bought -87 Micra (third K10 for me :D) and it has 4-speed gearbox. It feels very lazy to accelerate but as I checked the engine, everything is fine.

I was just thinking could I have the 9,5:1 compression ratio engine in it?

9.5:1 isnt really that low compression. Its just tolerent of poor quality fuels from other parts of the world. But as a general rule most of the 9.5:1 had 4 speed and most of the 10.5:1 had 5 speed.

Yes, I know that 9,5:1 is actually high compression ratio, but compared to higher comp MA10, it's lower :upside: btw, wasn't the high comp 10,3:1 or do I remember wrong :wasntme:

Today I put 95 octane fuel to it instead of 98 what I used before, and it started knocking on lower rpms, so probably it has the high comp engine.

How would you be able to tell quite interested in this as my car seems to accelerate a lot better than my gfriends! I have a four speed box and she has a five i assumed my ratio might be closer hence i was charging through the gears and pulling away shaper? Might just be that my car is loved more and likes to puurrrr 4 me!!!

Djdr1veB1 said:
How would you be able to tell quite interested in this as my car seems to accelerate a lot better than my gfriends! I have a four speed box and she has a five i assumed my ratio might be closer hence i was charging through the gears and pulling away shaper? Might just be that my car is loved more and likes to puurrrr 4 me!!!
Hey man nice to see you around again, bit O/T but apparantly there is a Jap meet in Bluewater on tuesday...

The b-reg micra k10 i got (some of u will remember it? - the very 1st shape?) that was a 1.0 GL and it a had a 5speed box, seemed to be quicker than other k10s i have driven...but maybe that was due to the lack of weight (the shell was...er rusted lol)

best £27 i ever spent that!!!

JK

Back