Diagnostic Software...

Gurpreet

Ex. Club Member
...that claims to be as good if not better than dealer software.
Worth it?

Found one for £250 inc. USB wiring, manuals etc. and the screen shots look quite promising of how easy it is to narrow down a problem and take the guess work out of diagnosing...

Anyone got any recommendations?
Or invested in such a piece of software?

I'm thinking I could save a bundle with this... because the Nissan Garage charge about £100 per hour... and say they couldn't find a fault? Or needed more time? ££££ hole in my wallet! Usually I hire the computer and software for £50 a pop but if I have had the car for 3 years and had a need for diagnostics 6 times already... thats... ta daaa... £300!

Just a thought of the day anyway...

Ed

Fusion Motorsport
MSC Founder
Official MSC Trader
250 sounds alot. You can get software of ebay for less, but it wont help you with a faulty nats system etc,

OP
OP
Gurpreet

Gurpreet

Ex. Club Member
I'm shocked! They start from as little as a fiver... but something has to give.. the most advanced hand held diagnostic/fault code readers/resetters... start from about £90? I'm sure if the capabilities of the £2000+ dealer software could be offered for just £5? or less? May be its a case of the more you pay the more features you get.. that £250 one I'm looking at with case, cables, updates and manuals... does seem to have a lot of diagnostic features that the others do not... and it can be used with 'all' Nissan cars... may be its cheaper to buy a version which would be limited to e.g. Micra only. That could be around £100 or less. Which one do you use Ed?