diagnostic connector

Hi guys
Trying to get a diagnostic cable for my cg13 powered mini
It's a 1993 cg13 loom in the mini but I'd left off the diagnostic plug (kept it in the garage incase I needed it)
I have looked at this plug after wanting to buy a diagnostic cable....but I can't find anything like it? It's not nissan consult or obd1 :so
I remember when wiring everything in the mini I wired a momentary toggle switch into the loom to bridge the two terminals that do the self diagnostics with a flashing led on my dash...The wires I had to bridge were in a different place to where the Haynes told me they were and the connector I have looks different.....

20140402_193318_zpsqrjfyq48.jpg

OP
OP
tommmtom
This was the only free connector on the loom :(
Must be diagnostics though because I have the same wire colours the Haynes gives at the plug! Just a totally different connector :s

OP
OP
tommmtom
Does anyone have a few photos of their diagnostics connector showing the pins and wires so I can work out which pins to connect wires to on the consult cable :)

OP
OP
tommmtom
Yep I've got all those wires and now I know where to put them in my consult plug. Cheers frank your a star :D really appreciate all the help u give :)
I'm just going to solder the consult straight to the wires, then when I want to access it just plug my serial to usb into the consult thing should work right? :p

frank

Club Member
i hav,nt got that black wire connected btw tom (bottom right) but it was working ok tho :)
have you got the ecu pinout diag ?

OP
OP
tommmtom
Ah okay it's just earthed normally yeah?
Yep gothe the Haynes. I reckon this diagram is looking into the front of the grey connector after having a look at your picture

1396469153230.jpg

frank

Club Member
Ah okay it's just earthed normally yeah?
Yep gothe the Haynes. I reckon this diagram is looking into the front of the grey connector after having a look at your picture

View attachment 30068
yeh, the black is earth eh tom, pink to the fusebox red/white to pin #14 yel/red to pin #23 red/black #15 white/blue #7
i can email the diag if you want

OP
OP
tommmtom
It's okay frank, I think I left the wires attached to the ecu plug so should be able to find them easily with my awesomely tidy wiring hahaha

20140305_170410_zpsb5317mk8.jpg

quick question @tommmtom does it matter how u wire a loom to k11 to mini example, u doing the rear lights wiring does it have to be + to + or don't it matter have it's done

Sent from my iPhone using T

OP
OP
tommmtom
Errrm well ALL the wiring in my mini was made by me (except the micra engine loom) so I didn't have any mini loom at all.
Why don't you leave the mini loom in place for all the lights & things and just use the micra engine loom?

@tommmtom good question I haven't got a mini ? Am planning on a Micra with 2.0 turbo build so need the Micra loom inside and ecu wiring cutting going into the 2.0 engine

Yeh that's wat am thinking of doing, but the heater in Micra how will that wiring be done on the 2.0 wiring ? Or isn't that part of the ecu ?

OP
OP
tommmtom
The heater fan is just controlled by resistors & the switch and the heater temp is mechanical....so no ecu

I have an electronic universal speedo, but the micra one is mechanical so u just need to get the right speedo cable to fit between your speedo and gearbox

right am with u now, should be simple to wire in, on the front and rear lights does it matter how I wire them + or -

I can keep the inside wiring but how will I join on the 2.0 loom as it goes in ecu , it will need to but joined from k11 to 2.0 ecu

OP
OP
tommmtom
On the micra the engine loom and ecu unplug from the rest of the car loom. So then you just put in your 2.0 loom and ecu :) then all the other micra bits will work

but then I will need to wire the rear lights from the k11 loom to the 2.0 loom ? Or don't the k11 rear lights wire go in ecu ?

I never Knew that ? so the ecu only controls the engine side, and for the inteoir it's only fuse box ?