dia of brake discs

mike

I love Ed!!!!
Titch said:
99.9% its 15's

Sorry titch but gtir calipers will fit behind 14" steels or alloys as the Gtir has 14" alloys as oem. The ga16 calipers mike's getting will just fit behind 13" steels as craig has done it before

S

sexyjonah

mike said:
Sorry titch but gtir calipers will fit behind 14" steels or alloys as the Gtir has 14" alloys as oem. The ga16 calipers mike's getting will just fit behind 13" steels as craig has done it before

sorry to sound repetative but what your saying is that gtir disks and calipers will fit behind a set of 15" alloys , will they go straight on or will adjustments have to be made ? :wow:

mike

I love Ed!!!!
All nissan sunny's have the same hubs as micra's do they will fit with ample room behind a 15" alloys. Pics soon to follow.

Mike

mike

I love Ed!!!!
Picture of my brakes behind 15" alloys

Mike

Attachments

• pictures2 008.jpg
    pictures2 008.jpg
    405.8 KB · Views: 242
S

sexyjonah

wow that looks much more impesive cheers mate, any knowledge on a rear disk conversion ?

DoomPixie

Ex. Club Member
i seem to remember being told that some K11's had rear disks ( think it was the ones with ABS) so surley a rear disk conversion wouldnt be that hard, probably just a case of swapping the rear axle (if you can find one with rear disks) and makeing up some pipes for it and handbrake cables, saying that the ones from a micra with ABS might work. but yeh, i have never actually seen a K11 with rear disks in the scrappies round here so i dont know how true that is.
Owen

S

squigbobble

DoomPixie said:
i seem to remember being told that some K11's had rear disks ( think it was the ones with ABS) so surley a rear disk conversion wouldnt be that hard, probably just a case of swapping the rear axle (if you can find one with rear disks) and makeing up some pipes for it and handbrake cables, saying that the ones from a micra with ABS might work. but yeh, i have never actually seen a K11 with rear disks in the scrappies round here so i dont know how true that is.
Owen
Yes, u could get ABS on a Micra and they had rear disks; I think ABS disagrees with drum brakes or somet' like that. Usually if a normal car has disks all the way around it's got ABS.

S

sexyjonah

out of interest if i can fit disks/pads off a sunny to the front as the hubs are the same, is this also true of the rear ?

mike

I love Ed!!!!
An abs rear axle is as rare as finding hens teeth and will set you back a pretty penny.

instead buy the calipers and other bits off www.brakesparts.co.uk. Then buy the carriers and pipes off West Midland Motorsport. When you have all your parts take the drums off and weld the carriers onto the hubs. Then fit your new rear brakes.

Mike

S

sexyjonah

i'l look in to that thnx, also could i just replace the rear hubs complete from a sunny i know a scrappy thats got them ?