Dewiper Mod

Sorry for the recent surge in posting....

I am carrying out the popular dewiper mod but I'm stuck on this:

unnamed.jpg

Have tried all sorts and it just won't budge.

I am right in thinking that the wiper SHOULD just slip off it right? (I don't want to be applying force in the wrong way)

Yes, its eye candy.

Otherwise known as big boys toys & about as useful as a chocolate tea pot on the back of a K11.

Try pouring v hot water on it & sharply tapping it all around, with a toffee hammer while turning it left & right. :cool:

Last edited:
Thanks for the advice everyone - will retry when it stops raining!

And yeah I understand that it has a purpose but I just never got used to using it on a regular basis, and as it stands, I never really use it, and so I thought it can come off to make the back look a bit cleaner.

John_D

Club Member
Radio Code Guru
Thanks for the advice everyone - will retry when it stops raining!

And yeah I understand that it has a purpose but I just never got used to using it on a regular basis, and as it stands, I never really use it, and so I thought it can come off to make the back look a bit cleaner.
On the K12 you don't have to think about using it. If the front wipers are on, when you select reverse the rear one comes on automatically:cool: (exactly the same with my Saab as well)

Just be a little easy on the wiper, you can damage things. If it really won't come off with the above, first try to break rust by hammerring it once, this might give slight damage but a hammer and screwdriver and a quick blow is what I recommend, or with some other tools that are more fit for this job but I wouldn't know what that is though and then some wd-40 and then wiggle it some more.

I wonder what you will use to cover the hole?

Just drive to a garage and ask to borrow their puller. Way easier and faster.
Just be a little easy on the wiper, you can damage things. If it really won't come off with the above, first try to break rust by hammerring it once, this might give slight damage but a hammer and screwdriver and a quick blow is what I recommend, or with some other tools that are more fit for this job but I wouldn't know what that is though and then some wd-40 and then wiggle it some more.

I wonder what you will use to cover the hole?

Tried WD40 and gently hammering it to break away the rust. Tried tilting it back as well and the wriggling as Frank recommended but still no hope lol.

Will get garage to pull it off then, thanks Maarten.

And as for covering the hole, someone sells 'Micra K11 wiper delete bungs' on eBay - they are basically a small grommet to fit in the hole.

DE wiper front & back would make it a proper ornamental classic car that only goes out & about when the Sun is out.

Don’t need lights then either? :cool:

you got to de wiper the front to match the back........surely

Yeah but what about people who debadge, debump strip, or remove front reg plates - these are all important as well surely?

I guess it matters on personal preference, for example, I hate banded steelies, 'bad boy' bonnet look and excessive lowering, even though these are all very popular mods on K11's so I guess its each to their own lol...

What .Maarten says makes sense. I would finally attempt it with some pulling force with this tool,

140580000_0_1.jpg

You still need to wiggle it when this upward force is there. If that doesn't work either, you might be at a point where professional help is needed. Since I believe this is not a hurry job, please apply upward force and wiggle and some wd-40, this really should do the trick.