Destiny PS4

apparently amazing, gotta get my PS4 first, hopefully end of September :). ill try log in with my old PSN when I get it and add you dave :)

OP
OP
Low Rider

Low Rider

Poindexter
Founding Member
Club Member
If you're a FPS fan, you'll love it.

IMO it's significantly better than the usual FPS offering from my experience so far and it's only been live for just over a week. People are worried about the apparent level caps on the forums but it's really nothing to worry about. The further you progress the more interesting it seems to become.

Unlike most of the FPS games which have either a completely fixed storyline coupled with a fixed array of weapons and upgrades, Destiny is practically limitless in terms of combinations by comparison. There are so many weapons, armour and upgrade variants it's likely that a good percentage of players are totally unique. The in game vendors also replenish their stocks hourly or daily, so things are continuously changing.

One of the biggest differences I have noted is the flexibility of the game. Yes, there's a fixed storyline and yes there are co-op play and player v's player arenas but the way it's been implemented works very well. You don't end up in an arena full of experts getting your ass handed to you, you are usually pitted against like skilled and ranked people, so get a fair fight. The co-op play also works the same and you can play together on strikes either with people of your choice, (online friends), or with similarly ranked randoms currently taking part in the same missions. I could go on and on but I have only been playing <1 week. From what I can work out, the further you get into the game and the higher you level up the more things become available in terms of missions, strikes, events as well as weapons & upgrades. My favorite is the public events that pop up. If you want to take part you can, if you're in the middle of a storyline or mission you can just sail on by. I have a feeling Destiny will run quite a long time, perhaps similar to WOW but it's very early days to be saying that yet.

In summary, very impressed for someone who isn't really classed as a true gamer.