desperately need a MA engine

in desperate need of a MA engine

needs to be as cheap as possible i don't care if it's a 1.0 or 1.2 just as long as it is in good working order, mileage doesn't matter either

i would get one from the scrappys but you don't know why it's there in the first place

OP
OP
karlj
i'll be checking the engine over on the weekend, but it's at my mums and i moved house on saturday.... i know bad timing.... i would drive it to my new place but i don't want to risk further damage.... whats the best way of checking for a warped head?

gtsnissanb

Official MSC Trader
i'll be checking the engine over on the weekend, but it's at my mums and i moved house on saturday.... i know bad timing.... i would drive it to my new place but i don't want to risk further damage.... whats the best way of checking for a warped head?

Take it off put a straight edge/rule across it corner to corner then angle it 45* and see if it appears warped and any light passes under the straight edge/rule

OP
OP
karlj
i'll have a word with my mate see if he'll do it for me (he doesn't work so has some time on his hands:laugh:) just dont want to drive the car just in case and putting water in it isn't a choice as it'll just drain out

gtsnissanb

Official MSC Trader
i'll have a word with my mate see if he'll do it for me (he doesn't work so has some time on his hands:laugh:) just dont want to drive the car just in case and putting water in it isn't a choice as it'll just drain out

Has it actually blown the engine? Do you know it has for sure I know it most likely should have but if it just needs a pump you might be lucky

OP
OP
karlj
fingers crossed i've been lucky my mate has agreed to check my head to make sure, i'll be replacing the head gasket if i have been lucky cause i have a feeling it still has the factory one still on it..... it was driving fine on saturday before i noticed the temperature needle in the wrong place and i stopped driving it about an hour after (wasn't near my mums), but like i said in the pm i had a feeling the water pump was on it's way out when i saw the rusty water in the radiator

gtsnissanb

Official MSC Trader
just because its in the red means nothing mate 2 of my 200sxs have done it s13 blew a pipe went into the red didnt notice for 5 mins or so and the s14 i was driving on a private motor way against a bmw m3 after i had beaten it i realised my car had lost a lot of power and was in the red
each of them was topped back up and ran perfectly fine
if the head doesnt need come off then dont save your time and money just fix the pump if it is broke

OP
OP
karlj
It's 20year old engine so even if the head is fine at least I won't have to worry as much if I replace the gasket the water pump will be done as soon as the new one arrives (well that's if its the right one)

OP
OP
karlj
Lol that's my paranoid thread.... I'll get the pump on first, she really doesn't hold water annoying thing is she had fresh anti freeze in her before she started "leaking"

OP
OP
karlj
Will the head bolts be reusable or will they need replacing?
Also what's the torque settings for the cam tappets and head bolts and valve clearances
Basically I need all the correct technical data

gtsnissanb

Official MSC Trader
Will the head bolts be reusable or will they need replacing?
Also what's the torque settings for the cam tappets and head bolts and valve clearances
Basically I need all the correct technical data

I'm pretty sure there's a technical manual download on the site somewhere mate Haynes manual if not I'll upload it as I have it so it must be from here??

gtsnissanb

Official MSC Trader
But after you put the pump on fill it up see how she runs don't just take the head off if you don't need too you'll save time and money!

wheres the water leaking from???? my old car leaked water through the spindle and flung it everywhere till i noticed it over heating i always wonderd what the squealing was! haha

OP
OP
karlj
Well after putting some water back in the car head gasket looks like it hasn't been affected, but she did start to idle quite low around 400/500 rpm hmm just need to wait for the new pump to turn up