desiel turbo

this might sound silly to some of you guys but i dont have a clue when it comes to turbos but i was wondering if i cud use a low pressure desiel turbo on a petrol engin hence a super s

I recall Ed saying that he has used a Diesel turbo on a Petrol engine before and it was fine.

But there is more to fitting a turbo than just chucking a turbo onto the engine.

Without good engine management you'll be waisting your time!

trust me when i say...... read up about turboing cars on google..... read the turbo forum on here...... search for posts by ED and DaveyC Kristian and NIS......

these guys know their stuff....and its not easy.

Turbos are pretty simple universal machines but its all in the knowhow as mentioned above.

What do you mean by 'hence a super s'?

If you need to ask about turbo's then you don't realise how much work is actually envolved with fitting one. When fitting a turbo you'll need to consider:
Pipe route, inter cooler, boost level, if uprated internals are required, engine management, engine mapping, replacing the exhaust to something more suitable, upgrading the brakes, the oil feed and return to the turbo.

It doesn't sound like an awful lot, but believe me the amount of work is staggering and expensive if you dont know what you're doing!

i live in backworth av been into cars nd moderfing for ages now and iv on just found out that there is a garage called orange grove motors at the bottom of the estate that does turboing and may may more tuneing aspects including all wireing he gave me a rough quote for a low pressure turo set up probs round about £1800 mebs a little bit more he sed he is used to doing supras and eveos, he sed my micra will be the first he's done like, so if anyone is wanting any tuneing done or engine swaps or re-builds give em a bell ther in the yellow pages.

Back