Decent Fast Road Clutches

Smc92

Ex. Club Member
Would anyone recommend a fast road clutch they have owned, need to look for a decent one seeing as mine has almost burnt out today
Cheers guys

Ah okay frank I'll keep away from them then no point wasting my money :) I was only wanting an upgraded one because the clutch kit I got from my local car spares for £45 is on its last legs today after going up a really steep hill, but I guess paying that price for one its not going to last right long is it, and mines a cg10 would it still fit to mine?

Mind you I just had a quick look on eBay and you can get luk clutches for £40 so maybe my clutch was ****, or maybe im going up too many steep hills :p

As karlj said, GA14 is 180mm and plug&play (using one on my grey Micra), GA16 is 190mm (or 200mm in Primeras). To use GA16 clutch you need to swap the GA16 flywheel too, or redrill the stock CG fly to suit the GA16 pressure plate.

Dont forget i think the baby box 1.0's (Old pre facers) run a 160mm setup too o_O

So better clutches will require an uprated clutch (Pricey) unless you can hybrid your clutches like frank did iirc.

Back