decat

You can actually remove your cats, and then remove the internal parts of the cat, this would be little different to a janspeed de-cat, plus it's free!!!

ye i know all that .......... just a bit of pipe with flanges on the ends will do:p the 1s like japseye had for sale awhile back ( dont supose ya can get any more made up can ya ken ) .................. if you see this ......................

if I can find someone to do the flanges for me then i will make some up, my mate who was doing them has moved to yorkshire and i dont see him anymore..

mine was std cat was knocked through, alienfish did it about 2 year ago on his green k11...it did sound crap... it now has a pipe knocked through it so basiclly its in a cat shell but its a de-cat,,, sounds better...its fooled the police before ;)

''yep i see you still have your cat in place''

The police cant do you for not having a cat anyway, its not a legal requirement to have a cat. You can pass an MOT without one as long as the emmissions are low enough to pass, which is possible if the car is mapped correctly.

the police can do you for emissons tho, i.e if they do a stop cheak. 1.3 arnt garentted to pass with one cat iirc. its strange because some 1.3 will and some wont altough 1.0's will because they run rich :S

the police can do you for emissons tho, i.e if they do a stop cheak. 1.3 arnt garentted to pass with one cat iirc. its strange because some 1.3 will and some wont altough 1.0's will because they run rich :S

if they did stop ya why would they want to look to see if the cat was on ? is it that much louder with just a straight pipe in place of the cat ?

Back