decat and platinum spark plugs/ and or leads??

Hey guys, i have a full manifold back janspeed exhaust system but with a original middle cat however i have bashed the honeycomb out (sounds dodgy now, bit like a tinny rattly sound under acceleration) i was wondering shall i remove the cat completely and weld a bit of my old exhaust pipe onto the cats ends?? so that i'm not welding on the new exhaust pipes. and will it make a difference in power?

Also anyone got any information on aftermarket spark plugs and leads do they actually make a difference in performance or is it all B*llsh*t?

BTW the car is a 1999 1.3L k11 Micra only mods are the exhaust and spax lowering spring and shocks and some alloys :D i am considering lighter flywheel maybe cams if i can find some cheap ones but i need more information so i actually know what i'm letting myself in for, all advices appreciated

Regards Asif.

skymera

Brutal Honesty
You can buy decat pipes, they rarely sell on here for 10-20quid or you can buy one on eBay for 40quid.

Welding the cat flanges on a straight pipe would work. Difference in power? Tiny bit probably, mostly just a placebo I think.

I use plain ol' NGK spark plugs, cheap and effective. I don't see it beneficial to use Platinum or Iridium plugs as it's not big power. Some people use Bosch Super 4's

Also note that a 2000-2002 Micra's exhaust centre pipe joins directly up to the manifold / downpipe as they've no second cat. you can buy the centre pipe on eBay for 24quid posted. You wont need a decat pipe then, but the section does have a box type silencer I believe. (what i'm doing soon).