Dealer on A High

and its just a base model micra s with a aftermarket sunroof
and looking at its mot the cvs are starting to crack , brake flexy pipes are deteriated and the rear tyres are old and cracked
also its had notes of corroded brake lines in the past and a also note of corrosion on the suspension
so basicly its may have been welded in the past , new brake lines (not a bad thing) old tyres and guessing some of the rubbers are starting to go
its a base model with no spec and also no engine pics?

and its just a base model micra s with a aftermarket sunroof
and looking at its mot the cvs are starting to crack , brake flexy pipes are deteriated and the rear tyres are old and cracked
also its had notes of corroded brake lines in the past and a also note of corrosion on the suspension
so basicly its may have been welded in the past , new brake lines (not a bad thing) old tyres and guessing some of the rubbers are starting to go
its a base model with no spec and also no engine pics?

Great remote analysis, cutting through the dealers BS presentation of a dodgy K11 revealing it for what it is. Whatever he is on, we all need a buzz like that. Shame some poor uninformed soul will not see the bear trap & fall for it.

Your review of the paper work audit trail history is the key to assessment, inspection, diagnosis and conclusions in any major purchase decision
way to go.

Haha I've noticed this on a few cars. Dealers seem to think that if they have a car worth no more than £700 is suddenly worth a few grand just because it has a 'full Nissan service history' and low miles! Problem is most people are smart enough not to pay such an absurd price.

Assuming the prolific Honiton Devon chancer knows his market & business they probably only allowed approx. £300 trade in for the 15 year old car. Therefore has plenty of blue sky to do a great deal offering a punter an apparent favour at a discount to get the clutter quickly off the forecourt. That will make room for more profitable business?

When it sells, that link may go down as they currently have 30 cars for sale on Gumtree alone.

all the low millage micras sub 70k ive had all seem to have alot of rust or other problems
and all the coil packs seem to have some sort of rust/rot problem unless its been well looked after/lucky
i had a 2000 coil pack with 47k and a cleaner history then that micra and when i got it for its gear box it looked fairly good then i found out the sills were completly gone alomg with the bulk head and boot floor and underside damage
only cock up was i scrapped it and it had a really good rear axle (the only thing that normaly rots that was in really good condition )

My money would be on - it won't sell.:rolleyes:

Dealer On A High Asking £1995 on a K11 @ 39K FSH? Be quick or form an orderly queue?

Reference; https://www.gumtree.com/p/nissan/20...e-owner-unrivalled-service-history/1263317652
More front then a banker?

Sold & gone “like a hot cake” in less than two weeks as the above linked add is no longer available at this prolific Honiton Devon dealer with 28 car adds currently available at West Country Value Cars Ltd.

Reference: https://www.gumtree.com/sellerads/1265902545?page=1

Quickly sold & gone at a hugely inflated price well beyond its nominal economic value that the poor unsuspecting punter may not find out about until next MOT time?

The punter could have joined join the MSC for advice prior to purchase? ;)

Last edited:
Car rates vary wildly up and down the country due to local economic restraints, e.g wages... where I'm from in Swindon a k11 52 plate 1.0l is worth about 400 quid with 80-100k but in pembrokeshire where my sister lives it's easily 700-1000 pounds

Back