Deactivating boost

I'm turboing my car. Got all the bits. (Mostly from Azzy's old build thread). I just have an odd question...

On my way to get it mapped I don't want to be boosting as I'd run lean.

Can I remove the wastegate actuator and wire the wastegate open via the arm that the actuator attaches to? Hopefully achieving a turbo car that produces no boost and runs like an N/A still with standard fuelling.

I saw it on ebay and dove in. I've only read the thread today :p In fairness, the manifold and exhaust both look spot on with regards welding.

Okay. Thanks for the response. I was mainly worried about damaging something such as the turbo

I saw it on ebay and dove in. I've only read the thread today :p In fairness, the manifold and exhaust both look spot on with regards welding.

Okay. Thanks for the response. I was mainly worried about damaging something such as the turbo
I know he got the side exit done somewhere else but he used to run a badly welded manifold don't know if he sorted that. My main concern with his lack of knowledge about wiring. His build did go cheap but I didn't have the balls to buy it. Too much of a risk in my eyes but I hope you can make all his mistakes right mate and make it into a really nice build

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I hope so also! Yeah, if the fuelling bits (injectors, sr20 afm and nistune) don't make it run first time then I'll sort something myself rather than chase it.
Cheers for the support, watch my blog!

Back