de-rear wiper

Simonh

Midlands Rep
i see loads of people take them off but doesnt it get annoying i mean mine doesnt work and it ####es me off because i cant clean it while im driving and also when its raining?

When you open the boot lid up,at the back of the boot lid theres a metal plate thats screwed on. Remove the screws and the plate and the motor is there. Best thing to do is replace the motor (if you wish to fix it).Or remove it to de-wiper it.Then use a blanking gromet over the hole where the motor/arm sits on the boot lid

You've always got your door mirrors if you want to see out the back. You only look out your rear window because it's there, but large vans don't usually have windows at the back and they cope fine. I've driven without a rear view and it's easy, you just rely on the other mirrors more

I know you can get blanking plugs for rear wipers off of MKIII Fiestas, the lesser models didn't have rear wipers and were just fitted with rubber blanking plugs.

Something you can usually find at a scrap yard.

I'd guess they might fit. My orion doesn't even have a rear wiper. Which with a turbo is great, have no need to look behind me.

i thought it would bother me but it really doesnt. put the heated rear windscreen on in rain, keeps most of it off.

I don't believe the rear one is checked? My Micra's rubber was coming off my rear one, and it passed.

if it doesnt work take it off :p, but if it works i dont really see why people remove them, its there for a reason so why remove it? lol

ok then well mine doesnt work. but i havent got the slightest clue how to get it off. ive got as far as taking the panel off inside the boot to reveal some wires and shizz? i took it off to remove my boot handle so i assume that there must be something in there that i need to do to take the wiper off?

pull the cap of the wiper arm nut then undo that and remove the wiper, then its 3 bolts and a plug to remove the motor.

no! why would it be? Vans dont have rear wipers and they dont get advisorys i;m sure!

You can't fail a rear wiper not working but you can advise it, same with reverse lights.

I've never really used the rear window much, the micra had a broken rear vierw mirror and the Mazda you can't see much out of.

You can't fail a rear wiper not working but you can advise it, same with reverse lights.

I've never really used the rear window much, the micra had a broken rear vierw mirror and the Mazda you can't see much out of.

they won't advise if theres no wiper there to advise about.

ok problem i took the nut off today and the wiper wouldnt budge? how does it come off? am i missing something?

Where I live there's about 4 Micra's in the car park. 3 inc mine have the upright wiper, however one is down :mad: - Waiting for him to scrap :L - Is it easy to switch the motors?

Back