De-badging

theres a noob in the room!

any tips on de-badging my k12?

will i be left with residue or holes from debadging

how can i get this residue off with out getting gammy finger nails?

and i've sourced that i'll need pliers and plastic wire to saw them off?

any tips for a newbie with a lot of determination?
(Y)

Dragonmaster_uk

K12 NUTTER
the micra and the E badge you can just pull off and hopefully have perfect paint underneath leaving no marks once you`ve cleaned the glue off the nissan badges will leave two pin marks behind so i`ve left those on on mine :D hope this helps mate

the micra and the E badge you can just pull off and hopefully have perfect paint underneath leaving no marks once you`ve cleaned the glue off the nissan badges will leave two pin marks behind so i`ve left those on on mine :D hope this helps mate

ah, i thought the nissan badge would, how hard would it be to fill in the gaps and smooth over

i dont plan on looking into smoothing untill i have a painter on stand by

im sure i remember reading its an expensive job and people working with resin are hard to find.

on the other hand do you know how hard and cost effective it'd be to have a go myself one day?fwn

Dragonmaster_uk

K12 NUTTER
from what i`ve heard the two holes are smaller than your little finger so if you weren`t after a show finish you could probably do it with a spot of filler and some touch up paint

as for getting it done professionally they`d probably want to respray the whole boot so probably £150 - £200 best to ask at some body shops locally

wont i need something behind the hole to layer the filler? im not after show finish at the moment, want to get the holes covered up before the winter (Y)

Shaun

***StaGGeRed***
when i removed my 17 year old micra stickers and my friends punto (lol) badges we used a heat gun to warm them up being careful not to burn the paintwork peeled them off then with a microfibre cloth took off the warm glue then t-cut it and turned out fine:
Micra: DSCF1248..jpg Punto: DSCF1381..jpg

Sorry to revive an old thread, but I was in scrappies today and decided to pull the Nissan badge off a k12 to check out the holes.... There weren't any!!!

Debating whether to do mine now - but I'm worried incase for some odd reason mine has holes?

Anyone actually debadged the Nissan bit without leaving holes?

Guy

Has gone over to the oily side...
Club Member
There were no holes on my K12 either - front and rear Nissan badges :).

Guy

Has gone over to the oily side...
Club Member
YOU'VE GOT TWO?! You do realise this makes you OFFICIALLY the coolest couple in the K12 section :D ?

Hehe, after selling my k11 super s I bought a fabia vrs- and hated it!

Decided to sell it and put the money towards a proper car, and got the 160... My mrs is nuts about cars & micras too ;-)

I have a good life :-D

Debadged the back tonight by the way- left the 160sr badge on though.

Had a look at my bonnet badge and that unfortunately will leave holes if I remove it :-(
Good excuse to replace it with a 350z badge though ;-)

Guys I've debadged the Nissan, Micra and SX badges and all I used was a small stanley blade, T-cut for black cars and degreaser to disolve the glue, the holes are for 2003 and younger models.

I used a hair dryer to soften n to get rid of the glue then used carbon fibre vinyl to cover the chrome badge... and this is the finish touch for my bonnet and badge :) oh yeah I have also

Last edited:
i got 04 year k12 and bonnet had 2 holes.
tried to cover holes with the 'micra' badge from rear lol
thats exactly my story same year same solution managed to line it up so that both holes are adequately covered to go unnoticed... most people who see my car from the back think it's some sort of wolfsburg concoction and say the lines are reminiscent of the super cool AC beetle

Hi all just noticed this thread. I have a Micra Dci but really want to take the Dci badge off the boot does anyone know if it will leave any holes or is it glued on? Cheers