De-Badged Bonnet.

Swiper

Ex. Club Member
Club Member
thought i'd show you guys some pics of my de-badged bonnet. it's brill having a brother who's a paint/dent repairer. lol. just got him to fill the holes after i removed the badge.
just need him to colour code my grill surrounds now!!!

Attachments

• Photo0048.jpg
    Photo0048.jpg
    336.4 KB · Views: 256
  • Photo0050.jpg
    Photo0050.jpg
    346.2 KB · Views: 275
  • Photo0051.jpg
    Photo0051.jpg
    355.2 KB · Views: 239
OP
OP
Swiper

Swiper

Ex. Club Member
Club Member
he just glued some plastic on the back and used a repair gel cos it sets instantly, but filler should work the same. it's blending the paint in that seems to be tricky.

rlees85

Ex. Club Member
yeah i just remembered i cant do it on my car, long story but its all been sprayed in the past and i dont know why - but they done it the wrong colour so i will never find paint to blend it in with lol

Robert

Ex. Club Member
I was looking at doing this for mine.. After fillering.. how would a touch up pen wokr with blending in the paint? Any good? Cuz i can't afford a bonnet respray at the minute..

Looks good by the way :)

OP
OP
Swiper

Swiper

Ex. Club Member
Club Member
rlees85 said:
yeah i just remembered i cant do it on my car, long story but its all been sprayed in the past and i dont know why - but they done it the wrong colour so i will never find paint to blend it in with lol
if they've painted the whole car, you can take a piece of the car (like fuel flap) into most motor factors (2 near me do it), and they can analize the paint and mix you some up for virtually any colour.
Robert said:
how would a touch up pen wokr with blending in the paint? Any good?
you'd sand away the paint around the holes when you sand the filler down, so you'd have to put alot of paint on, which probably wouldn't look very good with brush marks from the touch up pen

babyboom

Ex. Club Member
hey that looks great, see the grill, was that the original grill and you just cut out the middle peice? i've been thinking about doing that but not sure how it'd look at the sides where the middle peice joins the rest of it

OP
OP
Swiper

Swiper

Ex. Club Member
Club Member
babyboom said:
hey that looks great, see the grill, was that the original grill and you just cut out the middle peice? i've been thinking about doing that but not sure how it'd look at the sides where the middle peice joins the rest of it
yes it was the original grill. just go mad with a hack saw blade and trim up with a craft knife. if you look close in this picture below, you can just about see where the middle bar was. but the gaps will be filled and painted body colour soon. my wife's car is the same colour as yours i think, and that's already been sprayed. i'll get some pics up of hers when she comes back.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    52.9 KB · Views: 190