DCI Sump Plug

Scott

My name is Scott
Site Supporter
I think another member had that problem where none would fit. So he bought one that was too big and shaved it down with an angle grinder to make it fit.

Guy

Has gone over to the oily side...
Club Member
Mmm, that was me. It ain't the sump plug though, it was the gearbox drain plug. Sump plug's a standard 14mm bolt :).

mikey

Ex. Club Member
Mrs' clio had a square oil drain plug (7mm) you have to buy a "key" that fits on your ratchet...tried filing down a 1/4" extension to fit, it just twisted :doh: check it aint the gearbox oil drain, most sensible non-frog cars have a good old bolt :p

Guy

Club Member
Is that the current model Clio Mikey? It's practically the same car as the K12. Now you mention it, this does look about 7mm square.

3.png

Guy

Club Member
Take a pic! The tool above is a 1/2" to 3/8" adaptor that's had a bit of angle grinder magic done to it :).

OP
OP
X
Went halfords, got an 8mm thing like above £4.99, test fitted in car park. Fitted fine.

came home, undone bolt, got oil in old engine oil box. had to stab old oil filter with screw driver to get it off, (Y) put new filter on, ran abit of fresh oil through car, put sump plug back on, put new oil in and away you go! Easy!

Got indoors, Ordred some coilovers for £491 :p

Guy

Club Member
Ooo, you jammy git! I'm probably going to buy a GTX580 for my PC tomorrow so there :p.

OP
OP
X
Adjustable Ride Height :glare:

I wanted ones like my Glanza though, with adjustable ride height, damping and camber. Guess these would do.

Guy

Club Member
Still mate, you're gonna be the only person I've heard of with coilovers on a K12 (Y).

mikey

Ex. Club Member
It's a 53 plate mate, and that's the key :grinning: even the sparkies are a nightmare...only the skinniest of 14mm deep sockets goes in the hole, and if the ratchet is all the way in the socket doesn't reach the bottom of the plug! And don't mention the bloody oil filter :p

Is that the current model Clio Mikey? It's practically the same car as the K12. Now you mention it, this does look about 7mm square.

3.png

OP
OP
X
newer and newer cars are becoming a nightmare to work on. Everything is the same, just with 100 pre steps like having to remove the entire cowl top to undo the top screws for the strut. ####ing crazy!

I was gonna ask for help tips for doing coilies on Micra.

I nearly got some 16" wheels from a Primera for £120 ono exactly like these and have them black or something.

nissan_primera_almera_alloy_wheels_92930939896685430.jpg

i am going to delay the wheels till i fit coilovers and see what the best setup would be?

175/65/15
or
205/50/16

James

Chairman
I've got an identical set of those if you're after a set still, without tyres, except I was only looking for £60! Would be collection only though unless you could arrange a courier :)

James

Swiper

Ex. Club Member
Club Member
primera wheels won't fit a micra as the pcd is wrong. micra is 100mm x 4 and primera is 114.3mm x 4 (so is the newer almera n16)