daytime running lights

today the drl's finally turned up been waiting for a while for them.
i fitted them this morning where the front fog lights normally go
it took me 2 hrs to fit them as i like to have all wiring looking like
it was originally there,the drl's have to be wired so they come on
with the ignition and turn off when the side lights are turned on.

here is a pic of the micra tonight at 22.20 after work

drl.jpg

Looks good mate :D
Ever thought of fitting HID's to the headlights? Would look awesome as long as you don't go overboard, something like 4300k HID's :)

the fitting of hid's is illegal as you need to have self leveling headlights and a headlight washer system fitted to conform to current motoring requirements

i'm not fitting hid's to the micra but i probably will use the halfords ultra brilliance bulb that are 120% brighter than the standard 55w bulb,i use them on my other car and they're great , at £40 a pair there not the cheapest but worth it more light longer beam and 100% legal

nathan.warren69

Ex. Club Member
either the halfords ones, or Ring Ultra Brilliance ones which are also 120% brighter and are 30 pounds a pair, ive been through loads of differnt bulbs on mine as im abit of a light fanatic but i keep going back to the Ring ones, your DRL's look the nuts though.. im tempted by those :p

skymera

Brutal Honesty
i'm not fitting hid's to the micra but i probably will use the halfords ultra brilliance bulb that are 120% brighter than the standard 55w bulb,i use them on my other car and they're great , at £40 a pair there not the cheapest but worth it more light longer beam and 100% legal

40 a pair? Seems a bit steep!

I paid 3quid for my 100w ultrabright white H4's, and they do a great job.

thats the price of them at halfords at the mo £19.99 each ,100w bulbs aren't road legal and unless you upgrade the wiring in the car then you are overloading the cables a 55w bulb pulls 4.58amps whereas a 100w pulls 8.33amp which is increase of 80% per side so in total you are pulling 160% more power through the cables,lets face it nissan only do what they have to do and don't give you any extra i.e. i replaced the fuel flap for a remote operated one and found that they hadn't painted the bottom edge of the flap since you dont see it how about that for being cheap.

nathan.warren69

Ex. Club Member
cool i look forward to seeing them :p im still debating it :) im thinking i could either get them in the 2 front grills or where the fog lights should be :)

Guy

Has gone over to the oily side...
Club Member
a headlight washer system fitted to conform to current motoring requirements

Are you sure? I've never owned a car with them and never had any MOT problems??

nathan.warren69

Ex. Club Member
you only have to have the self leveling system and the washer system for HID,s they have to wash everytime you spray your wind screen. its coming in around september so ive been told.

Guy

Has gone over to the oily side...
Club Member
Aaa, right, I get you. I had heard that after market HIDs were becoming an MOT fail soon.

nathan.warren69

Ex. Club Member
you should be able to get away without the leveling and the washers at the moment so long as the light pattern is correct, which means you would need projector lenses, i was going to fit hids to mine with the standard lights and checked with a few MOT garages and they all said the same, However feel free to fit them to any fog/spot lights as they are not checked at all during MOTs....

nathan.warren69

Ex. Club Member
what DRL's do you have? am i right in thinking, you have 4 wires, positive and negative that go on the battery, 1 that goes on the side lights to turn them off or dim them when your side lights are on, and 1 that allows them to come on when the ignition is turned on?