• Please only use these forums for blogs, they are not a discussion forum

Dave's Nissan Micra (from the beginning)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Retepetsir

King of Subsonic
Davey C said:
while the car has been off the road i have been busy witht he interia, well the door cards to be precise.

i have made a a new set of door cards and pods for the front component speakers.

simple design, mdf rings and fibre glass + filler + material = yummy (see pics)

ps there will be a marathon of pics to follow probs too many but hay you dont have to look at all of them. :)
They are just like mine! Looking good chap :)

Edit: Good luck with the mapping, it looks sweet!

micra man

Golf GTi Turbo
Fantastic mate!!! :) Should be on the road very shortly then huh?? Haven't checked this thread for a while and the work seems to be coming on nice. :) At least its been done properly anyway. Inspired me to go and do some work on my car today I think. :p

OP
OP
Davey C

Davey C

Ex. Club Member
Club Member
cheers for the comments guys really appriciate it on a day like today.

Not good news, nothin was going my way and even my fansticly optomistic approach was not working and it seemed that it was not meant to be.

in a nut shell i could not source the intercooler pipes quickly enough and i was left relying on too many sources to make it happen so i called ed early and told him not to come as the car wouldnt be ready. as i have learnt it is not wise relying on too many people as then it just takes one thing to make it ALL go tits up.

so i have decided to wait and source the parts sensibly rather than in a heroicly optimistic fashion as i was going to lol.

basically the car is not quite finished. 90% of the piping is done and the engine runs, gearbox changes gear and clutch holds but beyond that i cannot test without a remap so im gonna phone ed now and see what we can sort out.

Antony

Ex. Club Member
you still havent given me an addy to send my £50 cheque to yet...

and i need that back box quite desperately.......(its blowing quite badly)

if you can mate please....
[email protected]

Nice car.

Just curious though... WHy you calling it a CA13DE-T? I don't see where you're getting the CA from!

Its a CG isnt it? :p

Antony

Ex. Club Member
argh poo.... never mind eh... ill find one from somwhere,.

just been to the newark kit car sho and there was a guy there making back boxes on the back of his trailer.........i knew i should have baught one....

lol
cheers anyway

OP
OP
Davey C

Davey C

Ex. Club Member
Club Member
Update from today/over the weekend.

my new silicone hoses arrived on friday and have now been fitted.

so its back to the exhaust shop tommorrow to see what little modifications can be done to suit the new hoses then get them all polished up.

So hopfully tommorow the car will have a complete Intercooler system connected and polished up.

the images show the piping connected but obviously addjustments need to be made so it looks ropey at the moment but it will be nice and neat tommorrow

images...

Attachments

• Image013.jpg
    Image013.jpg
    473.3 KB · Views: 401
  • Image012.jpg
    Image012.jpg
    443.9 KB · Views: 442
  • Image039.jpg
    Image039.jpg
    374.2 KB · Views: 404
  • Image038.jpg
    Image038.jpg
    294.3 KB · Views: 392
  • Image029.jpg
    Image029.jpg
    321.2 KB · Views: 354
  • Image022.jpg
    Image022.jpg
    390.7 KB · Views: 370
  • Image020.jpg
    Image020.jpg
    357.5 KB · Views: 687
  • Image019.jpg
    Image019.jpg
    465.3 KB · Views: 379
  • Image018.jpg
    Image018.jpg
    462 KB · Views: 398
  • Image021.jpg
    Image021.jpg
    268.8 KB · Views: 392
OP
OP
Davey C

Davey C

Ex. Club Member
Club Member
while i have the bumper off i decided to line up the Impul front bumper just to see how much more air it will provide for the intercooler and engine bay in general, answer...####in loads! :glance: also chucked the part done open mouth grill on too, just as an idea.

pics...

Attachments

• Image048.jpg
    Image048.jpg
    465.6 KB · Views: 374
  • Image049.jpg
    Image049.jpg
    458.7 KB · Views: 384
  • Image047.jpg
    Image047.jpg
    495.3 KB · Views: 381
  • Image046.jpg
    Image046.jpg
    447.4 KB · Views: 385
  • Image045.jpg
    Image045.jpg
    439.1 KB · Views: 372
  • Image044.jpg
    Image044.jpg
    470.1 KB · Views: 428
  • Image043.jpg
    Image043.jpg
    471.7 KB · Views: 378
  • Image028.jpg
    Image028.jpg
    315.3 KB · Views: 363
  • Image023.jpg
    Image023.jpg
    400.5 KB · Views: 376
  • Image040.jpg
    Image040.jpg
    532.2 KB · Views: 392

Antony

Ex. Club Member
oooh, now im mad.... i can see you doing your car..... and i cant do mine...... and now i want your bumper....GRRRR....lol

OP
OP
Davey C

Davey C

Ex. Club Member
Club Member
antony_aiken said:
oooh, now im mad.... i can see you doing your car..... and i cant do mine...... and now i want your bumper....GRRRR....lol

for sale mate!

make me an offer!

OP
OP
Davey C

Davey C

Ex. Club Member
Club Member
antony_aiken said:
how much do they go for?

er...£150????

i'll happily take £150 but if im honest i only paid £120 for it so im looking to get my money back

Antony

Ex. Club Member
oook...... £130 delivered...curior.... end of month, and i will need your address this time mister....as i missed out on an exhaust last time.... GRR

OP
OP
Davey C

Davey C

Ex. Club Member
Club Member
antony_aiken said:
oook...... £130 delivered...curior.... end of month, and i will need your address this time mister....as i missed out on an exhaust last time.... GRR

you still want this mate?

OP
OP
Davey C

Davey C

Ex. Club Member
Club Member
right i finally put the bumper back on today for good, or at least the time being. ive been away in london so havent had much time to do anything.

Update...
Car is still not finished, but all its needs is the emanage mapping. gonna have to go to a local place and hope its ok as ed is busy untill after JAE now.

So im booked in for monday at XO in gateeshead, assuming i can get the exhaust back box swapped over before then. still need a 2 1/4 inch one putting on as the diameter at the moment is only 2 inch so its smaller than the rest of the system :upside: error by the exhaust fitter :suspect: whoops!

erm...think thats it...pics from today...

Attachments

• Image020.jpg
    Image020.jpg
    438 KB · Views: 1,637
  • Image014.jpg
    Image014.jpg
    428.7 KB · Views: 429
  • Image045.jpg
    Image045.jpg
    448.4 KB · Views: 392
  • Image043.jpg
    Image043.jpg
    330.5 KB · Views: 379
  • Image044.jpg
    Image044.jpg
    355.3 KB · Views: 365
  • Image048.jpg
    Image048.jpg
    370.3 KB · Views: 357
  • Image042.jpg
    Image042.jpg
    354.3 KB · Views: 367
OP
OP
Davey C

Davey C

Ex. Club Member
Club Member
thought id have a little play around on photoshop as im bored :blush:

pic...

Attachments

• enginebay(alt)3.jpg
    enginebay(alt)3.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 484

Ian

Ex. Club Member
dave DO NOT let XO map your car, i have heard they have blown up 2 cars recently. Lots of NE members agree they are crap. Try evny in newcaslte :)

Ed

Fusion Motorsport
MSC Founder
Official MSC Trader
Be VERY carefull before slating a company on its mapping. Its FAR to easy to blame a 'poor' map than other engine failure or system design flaw etc.

Ian

Ex. Club Member
it's just what i've heard, but half of the people there used to run tsunami... who also had a bad name.

Antony

Ex. Club Member
sorry about that, dont know why i did that....i cant have it this month, and im kinda falling in love with my super s bumper again...... maybe ill change my mind, im not sure...
thanks anyway

although i am having your old top mounted intercooler...lol

micra man

Golf GTi Turbo
Looking good Davey, I think you should keep that bumper!!! The front end looks awesome with that and the open grille, especially with the intercooler behind it.

OP
OP
Davey C

Davey C

Ex. Club Member
Club Member
Ian said:
dave DO NOT let XO map your car, i have heard they have blown up 2 cars recently. Lots of NE members agree they are crap. Try evny in newcaslte :)

spoken to envy and they cant do it! and dont know anyone that can!

i dont have much of a choice really bar buying a wideband lambda sensor and the data cable + software plus learning how to map it!!!

Ed cannot get up here before JAE and i NEED the car, its finished and just sat on my drive!!! :down: do you know how annoying it is? VERY! who were the guys that hugh reccommended, up in team valley? anyone any ideas?

anyway, on a lighter note i finally finished my centre pod tonight. been nearly finished for ages now but i decided that i needed to do something to my car tonight so that was it.

eventually it will hold 3 x guages, boost pressure, maybe exhaust temp and stoich. but for now its just gonna be 2 x tweeters and 1 x guage.

i will include another load of pics so again apologies if its too many but its my thread so i dont care lol :p ...

pics...

Attachments

• Image048.jpg
    Image048.jpg
    366.2 KB · Views: 390
  • Image046.jpg
    Image046.jpg
    411.9 KB · Views: 365
  • Cluster2.jpg
    Cluster2.jpg
    373 KB · Views: 375
  • Cluster1.jpg
    Cluster1.jpg
    463.1 KB · Views: 406
  • Clusteq.jpg
    Clusteq.jpg
    465.6 KB · Views: 356
  • 007.jpg
    007.jpg
    392.7 KB · Views: 407
  • 006.jpg
    006.jpg
    332.7 KB · Views: 388
  • Image023.jpg
    Image023.jpg
    352.3 KB · Views: 383
  • Image041.jpg
    Image041.jpg
    525.4 KB · Views: 362
  • Image052.jpg
    Image052.jpg
    429.5 KB · Views: 371

solarice

Ex. Club Member
why cant envy do it, they fully booked. ?

thats pretty much where im putting my gauges :) if i ever get around to making the pod...lol

OP
OP
Davey C

Davey C

Ex. Club Member
Club Member
some more pics...

these show more development and the final look of it, havent got it in the car yet so havent had the boost sensor in it so ive just used a rev counter for demonstration so you can get an idea of what it will look like when in. it sits up nice and snug to the "bean" console which im gonna cover in material also so it fits in nicely.

anyway here are the pics...

Attachments

• Image050.jpg
    Image050.jpg
    360.2 KB · Views: 341
  • Image022.jpg
    Image022.jpg
    510 KB · Views: 404
  • Image020.jpg
    Image020.jpg
    499.3 KB · Views: 340
  • Image014.jpg
    Image014.jpg
    481.9 KB · Views: 385
  • 021.jpg
    021.jpg
    533.1 KB · Views: 365
  • 020.jpg
    020.jpg
    513.8 KB · Views: 369
  • Image045.jpg
    Image045.jpg
    338.3 KB · Views: 393
  • Image046.jpg
    Image046.jpg
    366.8 KB · Views: 348
  • Image047.jpg
    Image047.jpg
    363.1 KB · Views: 348
OP
OP
Davey C

Davey C

Ex. Club Member
Club Member
solarice said:
why cant envy do it, they fully booked. ?

thats pretty much where im putting my gauges :) if i ever get around to making the pod...lol

envy said that they dont have experience with the emanage...please please please tell me different i may have rang the wrong number. hmm i have been a bit stressed/hungover today so its possible.

do you have a number for envy and a location?

OP
OP
Davey C

Davey C

Ex. Club Member
Club Member
while im on a pic posting mission here is the finished rocker cover all shiney and nice. yummy

not gonna put it on just yet gonna wait till all the tampering is finished in the engine bay for a while so it doesnt get to tatty and scratched before JAE. then gonna give the whole engine bay another clean and tidy up and hopefully it will stay that way for a while :glare: lol

cant wait to put it in the bay mind lol

Attachments

• Image018.jpg
    Image018.jpg
    358.7 KB · Views: 340
  • Image021.jpg
    Image021.jpg
    566.7 KB · Views: 337
  • Image022.jpg
    Image022.jpg
    467.1 KB · Views: 305
  • Image023.jpg
    Image023.jpg
    508.5 KB · Views: 312
  • Image028.jpg
    Image028.jpg
    461.4 KB · Views: 331
  • Image029.jpg
    Image029.jpg
    491.7 KB · Views: 352
  • Image038.jpg
    Image038.jpg
    485.6 KB · Views: 324
OP
OP
Davey C

Davey C

Ex. Club Member
Club Member
Ian said:
out of interest davey, why have you got your redline set at 7.5 ?

lol i got that off wayne, the guage came with the a-piller pod i havent used it and i have no idea why its set to 7.5K im guessing its been battered around and moved. as i said its only there to give you an idea of what it will look like when the guages go in for real :)

Retepetsir

King of Subsonic
Davey C said:
some more pics...

these show more development and the final look of it, havent got it in the car yet so havent had the boost sensor in it so ive just used a rev counter for demonstration so you can get an idea of what it will look like when in. it sits up nice and snug to the "bean" console which im gonna cover in material also so it fits in nicely.

anyway here are the pics...
I love that! Can I just ask how you did it? How did you get the shape and keep it that way before fibreglassing? Cheers

Edit: Ignore me I've just seen your previous post!

OP
OP
Davey C

Davey C

Ex. Club Member
Club Member
Retepetsir said:
I love that! Can I just ask how you did it? How did you get the shape and keep it that way before fibreglassing? Cheers

Edit: Ignore me I've just seen your previous post!

if you want more pics just ask i can email them over :)

rang envy this morning and they cant do it, it was them that i rang and they dont have a rolling road. they usually use thor :down:

Ed

Fusion Motorsport
MSC Founder
Official MSC Trader
Dave dont expect to get the cable and software to jump in and beable to map. It will end in tears.

danmicra

Ex. Club Member
antony_aiken said:

i got a really good deal off ebay with that bumper £41 delivered!

solarice

Ex. Club Member
Davey C said:
rang envy this morning and they cant do it, it was them that i rang and they dont have a rolling road. they usually use thor :down:

###### i was sure id read they had a rolling road.

Ian

Ex. Club Member
oh well i guess that means XO, like i said it's just what i've heard. It may just all be unfounded rumors.

Status
Not open for further replies.