• Please only use these forums for blogs, they are not a discussion forum

Dave's k10

nice one mate they are great seats :) should be easy for you to get them to fit ;)

DSC00462.jpg

ok so the carbs are on, just gotta finish a bit of piping up and may need to mod the accelerator cable a wee bit but hopefully will have them fired up by the end of the week. just gotta charge the chuffin battery!

4.jpg

ok guys havent updated in a while as have hit a wall of problems, starting with my p.c dying again! (never buy a phillips p.c) a-levels etc but good knews my dad has given me his garage so have been spending alot of time (and money) kitting that out with tools and equipment. so the body kit is in the process of being sprayed by me as i want to use my shiny new compressor :) and the mr2 seats will have the mounts welded on using my shiny new welder :) the ice is nearly finished just minus the speakers as they were burnt out by a blown amp :(

enigine wise i'm currently looking for a "freindly" garage to see to my mot, as the bike carbs are choking the planet apparently. i am experimenting at the moment with the space i have around the carbs and will try to fabricate an air box as there is know way i'm gonna fit air filters directly to the carbs and i would rather not have the mani shortend. i have a skimmed head to go on of a five speed and currently looking for an exhaust mani.
pics will come soon

so is that a 5speed box going on?

If so i would recommend you leave the 4 speed, im gonna get rid of the 5 speed and put a 4 speed back on.....acceleration is so much better and top end is, just uses more petrol....lol

Yeah, I'd prefer the 4-speed too.

I think he is talking about the head off the 5 speed being higher compression than the four speed though.

yeh i'm talking about the head, i've never driven the five speed so i wouldnt know the difference, but i thought that there was a short ratio 5 speed that was just as good as the 4 speed. going to stick with the 4 speed for now anyway.

FYI the 4 speed is the same as the 5 speed boxes (check the haynes manual for the gear ratio's you'll see the 4 speed has the sam ratio's just with an extra gear)

there are however 2 types of 5 speed boxes so its important to check you get he right one. part numbers and ratio details in the haynes.

update time.

has bin a while and some progress has been made. i will get some better pics when the interior is finished as everything is abit rough round the edges lol.

full ss interior in

015.jpg
017.jpg

the basic layout of the boot like i said tho its all rough atm it all needs a clean and tidying up.

018.jpg

and finaly thanks to pietro

http://i163.photobucket.com/albums/t303/daveeeeee_photo/mani.jpg
http://i163.photobucket.com/albums/t303/daveeeeee_photo/brace.jpg

the 4-2-1 should free up some more power and help with the carbs aswell

awesome stuff dave, the car should fly with the 4-2-1 and bike carbs lots of power waiting to be released from that engine :) hows the outside of the car coming along?

well the kit was literaly prepped to be sprayed when that white ss came up in bridges scrappy, so i'm gonna try get the kit off that and sell the one i have, would save money on paint that way. its frustrating as i want to get it all done but i have exams etc at college at the mo and i work over the weekend, so its very hard to find the time and the money. it would have been finished long ago if i had the time.

well the kit was literaly prepped to be sprayed when that white ss came up in bridges scrappy, so i'm gonna try get the kit off that and sell the one i have, would save money on paint that way. its frustrating as i want to get it all done but i have exams etc at college at the mo and i work over the weekend, so its very hard to find the time and the money. it would have been finished long ago if i had the time.

so you know mate the kit on the white SS will need to be re-sprayed there were scuffs on both bumpers and the skirts were tatty as well although all in once piece and undamaged ;)

yeh was expecting that but im hoping that it will be less costly and easier to color match using the white kit, hopfully at the worst it will need a few fresh coats. but if it does need respraying completly the so be it, i wont be out of pocket as i'm selling the one i have now anyway

thought i'd do a list of whats to come for the car

strut brace has been sanded and fitted
4-2-1 fitted soon
good clean up and general service of the engine
bike carbs are coming off for the mot then back on after lol
Body kit fitted
Rolling road!

whilst all this is going on i'm hoping to get hold of an ma12 (pietro's would have been handy but didnt have the cash) have the head skimmed and the go for the conversion. i have been thinking about it and power wise sticking the ma12 lump in is going to be an easy cheap way to gain substantial power.
however i will have some fun with the ma10 first ;) THEN whilst the ma10 is off the car i'm going to try and get hold of a cg10 gearbox and have ago at fitting it, i think that its a worth while thing to try and someones got to do it. IF the early box from a cg10 or even cg13 fits then it will open up more possabilities for the car.

Dave you need to get this finished asap so i can embarrass you with how well my car handles/ stops when compared to yours. You should consider doing something to the brakes aswell

the braking upgrade is in motion mi man ;) haha you may have upgraded my friend but your still on standard vtr shocks and springs! you wont stand a chance! i'll have ya in a straight line aswell i'm sure of that. :) we'll see when there on the drag strip anyway.

the braking upgrade is in motion mi man ;) haha you may have upgraded my friend but your still on standard vtr shocks and springs! you wont stand a chance! i'll have ya in a straight line aswell i'm sure of that. :) we'll see when there on the drag strip anyway.

GMC motorsport -50mm springs, handles like an actual go - kart

Agreed you will prob have me on a straight line, but corners and stopping i rekon ill have ya :cool:

Please hurry up and get this thing done, infact y ru on here when you could be out there working on it now!

well if hes goes KYB gas shocks and 35 lowered, trust me he will own you!

A 60mm lowered nova with full coilover set still cant beat me on roundabouts ;)

haha i already am on kyb gas shocks and 35mm lowerd! did i miss that post :S

to be fair i do like your car for a 106 its pretty cool, better than all the corsa i've been seeing latley!
i got work in 20 mins :( hence why i'm not working on it.

one of the first things i done was the suspension.
SP_A0057.jpg

obv the car is on axel stands in this pic lol
we gotta take them on a track!

Yep, think you should just concentrate on getting it throught MOT then wack tasty stuff on like your kit carbs and mani that way you get to appreciate the effect of each mod you do.

OK now before i start progress has been very very slow as it has been exam month and insurance payment soon so working alot of overtime at my two jobs :( i'll stick up a few pics there pretty self explanatory

SP_A0168.jpg

SP_A0165.jpg

SP_A0167.jpg

my little accident :(

:) should have the finished product in a couple of weeks ;)

should be getting superls's light fly wheel soon :)

as you've noticed its been a very slow progression but unlike most people i have no use for the car atm and am quite enjoying the savings on petrol! so i've just been giving it a few hours of work here and there so its gone very slow but i've enjoyed doing it as a little hobby.

my work is a five min walk so i walk to work atm however i'm starting uni in a few weeks so it needs to be finished and ready for use by then ;)

Bought some pretty nice alloys, not bad for £65!!

Attachments

• 4e33_1.jpg
    4e33_1.jpg
    32.3 KB · Views: 293
  • 50f5_0.jpg
    50f5_0.jpg
    2.5 KB · Views: 630
Ok as said in another thread the car is currently having sill's welded, the bloke had a look at it and a few little bits need sorting for the mot, one brake hose clip missing, new hand break cable and a new tyre. so not too bad, sumed up including mot im looking at £180 and i was expecting to pay that just for the sills to be done so very happy. few pics, the side skirts and wheel arches have not been fitted yet due to sills needing doing so i thought i'd leave it untill after the mot. i have nothing engine wise to show you, yet ;) i had to take the webers off for the mot but all the engine mods should be finished by the weekend. the alloys need new tyres before they can go on so i'm still with the steelies at the moment.

Photo0055.jpg

Photo0053-1.jpg

Photo0052.jpg

ok

webers have been on for a while now pulled nice with just the webers but noticed most improvment when paired with the 4-2-1, pic attached (not great quality) as you can see from the other pic the drivers side weber is leaking, sooo i need to get them serviced, jetted and balanced asap, i just know theres more to be had out of em! as you would expect my mpg has dropped but i have to say that its not bad at all considering.

wont be making much more progress with this for the next couple of months as i have a serious lack of funds untill my student loans clear :(

Attachments

• Photo0068.jpg
    Photo0068.jpg
    226.2 KB · Views: 397
  • Photo0069.jpg
    Photo0069.jpg
    275.4 KB · Views: 363
O wonder why that weber is leaking! It didnt on me...

But looking good mate...defo get them tuned up and balanced!

i put new gaskets on the webers just before the car went to curtis so im surprised its leaking but saying that they may have been removed a few times since. nice to see the cars coming on mate! its taken you long enough! lol

btw your strut brace is on backwards :p

Nope never touched by me...those gaskets should be fine, unless when they re-jetted for the mot they removed it, but that was back in Feb 08 so i would have noticed!

i'm going ahead with an engine rebuild, as soon as my next payday comes i'll be getting all the parts and im hoping a 5 speed box, depending on what money i have, a light fly would be nice. i've been enjoying the webers but theres just not enough power atm! it would be nice to uprate to an ma12 but insurance doesnt favour that, an uprated head would be ideal and a light fly. it maybe because i've just got used to it but it feels down on power lately, im going to have a good check over the engine although it may just be the graesy icy roads mixed with the 13' steelies with very cheap tires.

Back