• Please only use these forums for blogs, they are not a discussion forum

Dattosan Machi Suzuki twincam 4wd project pg22

I havent managed to get another gearbox. And whilst Iam looking I apoear ro be repairing other things daily. Micras are a little fragile for my driving and the things I carry.

Got a big chunk of work completed on my skyline and work has commenced stripping the s13.

I think in a couple weeks this car will be forsale cose I want my skyline instead and also I have new hobbies that are more interesting too me. Jets propulsion and rc flying are my new hobbies

Is there any interest in a cg13 with 256* Kent cams and ported head all bolted together ready to go less manifolds.

Also I can add the b16 manifold on with t25 bolted on.

I guess once my r32 is road legal I could finish the turbo conversion and cg13 gearbox conversion then sell it but I don't really wanna work on it anymore. Kinda tired of cars now :(

shame you packing up. i always enjoyed you updates here or on you s13. no more drifting? how come? I would have thought you could get some sponsors by now. you were doing well

gtsnissanb

Official MSC Trader
Ah no follow through man! Whys everyone being so mard! I've got celica, s14, rx8, k10, ren traffic van
Just prioritise easy

what a shame dude how much do you want for the whole thing if you want to sell kev? cause im getting really jacked off with mine at the min its just the final touches that needed doing but i have no electric down my garage. and ive just run into a problem with my box so i might sell it as an unfinished project.

shame you packing up. i always enjoyed you updates here or on you s13. no more drifting? how come? I would have thought you could get some sponsors by now. you were doing well

Thanks for positive comments mate, I appreciate it!

And yes its defo a shame about the s13, its seen some action since 2008 :) however it just sits rotting away for 98% of the time. I may reshell some of it into a spare 32 shell and iam using alot of the parts on my other 32.

I just really want a rwd turbo Nissan with full interior and four doors for daily use. I would keep this as well if I could afford to insure this and the 32! Iam paying over 500 per year on this alone though!

I wish I could keep drifting but it cost too much to tow across the country. Every venue is atleast 160 miles. I hoping I can do some events now and again when i have a road legal car

Ah no follow through man! Whys everyone being so mard! I've got celica, s14, rx8, k10, ren traffic van
Just prioritise easy

I simply have no money or desire for multiple projects.

1 350hp 4dr rwd r32 is plenty enough for me :)

what a shame dude how much do you want for the whole thing if you want to sell kev? cause im getting really jacked off with mine at the min its just the final touches that needed doing but i have no electric down my garage. and ive just run into a problem with my box so i might sell it as an unfinished project.

hmm will send you a message when I know what Iam doing :)

Would you want the modded engine aswell!

Basically this car was supposed to be a cheap fun go kart, for the last couple months is been a pita without 3rd. Uses lots of fuel and is slow as (although still kept up with 160hp almera) and needs a clutch again.

no worries mate yeah i will defo be interested in the engine mate. if you decide to keep the k10 would you still want to sell the modded engine? i would be interested in the turbo and mani as well. if you decide to sell it all together let me know.

superls

K10 Tuner
Sorry to hear mate, but i can see where your coming from, luckily enough tho im out for another project so pm me a price you have in mind, not fussed about the tub bits tho

Sorry chaps ill pm once I know what Iam doing, meanwhile its still my daily so iam trying my hardest too keep it on the road.

This weekend I spent everyday trying too sort the clutch. I fitted a cg13 plate and the clutch wouldnt release. So i spaced the cover away from the flywheel by 2mm. Then all it did was slip so i changed the spacing to 1mm and now its fine.

Whilst doing that i realised that the drivers side engine mount has ripped off the engine. Engine out to fix it though cose the threads are gone. I just welded the mount on for now, but that new engine will have to go in very very soon.

It's fast again though! 3rd don't make much difference lol

Engine non-mount
IMAG0520.jpg

Severely contaminated clutch, gearbox is leaking badly, explains why I started too get slipping
IMAG0526.jpg

kev keep it going mate (Y) im getting a corolla ae92 again this week hopefully so illcome down and give you a hand. if you need any of of mine give me a shout mate.

Cheers Steve but you do realise that i live about 350 miles away :(

This new clutch is slipping already, I guess its contaminated again, damn leaky gearbox :(

lol i was a bit drunk last night when i posted :laugh: when i get a bit more organized i will probably sort a trip out anyway been a while since ive been on a bit of a mad drive out lol. i will let you know anyway :) ive been bidding on a corolla gti on ebay but unsure if i will win it. if i do i will strip the micra back down and look at going rwd with it. so i will have a few bits if you get stuck for parts mate. but will see what goes on first.

wheres the box leaking so you think?

Haha well is defo take your gearbox :) the input shaft on my gearbox feels like it isn't attached anymore lol and the bellhousing is full of oil. My guess is its coming out the input shaft seal. Crank seal likes fine, no oil! I spool cant wait to get my skyline on the road :)

I hate and cannot stand cars anymore....period!

Because of cars I spend most of life depressed.

Because of cars, my girlfriend of 8 years left me.

Just me and my dog now and an empty house.

jesus mate thats not good. as said hope you get things sorted mate. cars can be like that some times and they just need to take a back seat for a while. i just spend the odd hour when i can on mine now or ill end up going insane. i know it takes longer to get stuff done that way but at least you get a bit of bias with other things. anyway sorry to hear this mate and again hope you can work it out fella (Y)

Engine froze on the weekend :(

New plan is too not use it daily anymore. Go lower and flusher without twice as much camber.

The engine will be slower more eco with 1.3 clutch and box.

Engine will be raised up 2inch plus solid mounted.

Exhaust will be raised and solid mounted to the car.

Shocks and springs will be replaced with solid bars with a bush at each end.

Finally the intention is too paint it white and maybe fit the 15x9 wheels off of the mx5.

It will be extremely flush and very low :D

Liking the look of this man, I've just bought a k10 as a daily, used to have a k10 super s back in the day........ Are you still drifting?? I've watched you drifting a few times and you were owning out there! I have a marlin s14 which I drift also

Liking the look of this man, I've just bought a k10 as a daily, used to have a k10 super s back in the day........ Are you still drifting?? I've watched you drifting a few times and you were owning out there! I have a marlin s14 which I drift also

Thanks man and good too see another k10 owner :)

Thanks for the comments regarding the drifting, iam getting back into it again. I partially stripped my s13 driftcar but i have more than enough parts to build my r32 4dr into a real beast. Now that iam single i plan to go mental haha cant wait to get back out there!!

Glad your stocking with it want to see it soon

Glad you're sticking with it Kev :).

Thanks chaps, ill have some updates soonI still donion to do anything but i did go and get gearbox, mounts and shafts ect from the breakers yesterday and i did some work on my r32 today. so its starting to happen again lol.

tomorrow i reckon ill work on the r32 until dark and then go out to my dads and finish building the cg13 with cams and ported head. its a shame i left out the cg10 pistons because i intended on fitting a turbo. That could still happen though because i intend on moving to wales so i can be closer to my regular drift venue and also my sponsors who have stuck by me through this harsh time, kinzuru autosalon. check out theyre website if you like jdm bumdering http://kinzuru.co.uk/ if i move up there ill be building many cars i reckon lol

iam hoping it wont take long to fix up the engine and gearbox ready for conversion, half of it looks really straight forward.

front gearbox mount should be straight fit by the looks
rear mount will probably be a modded cg10 mount
driveshafts will fit as standard because i will be lengthening the lower arms to match the extra width
gearlinkage looks close
and the rest is just normal fitting and adapting

i have a second hand clutch thatll be suffice i hope, its turns out my easiest and cheapest route is too fit this engine rather than just getting another cg10 or something.

iam moving back to my mums for a while whilst i sort all my cars and money out again. this way i wont need a car for work cose its a 2min walk.

i may be fitting 15x9j banded steels but iam yet too decide lol, will be awesome and would raise the car alot but it would be alot more sluggish and not as good handling.

ill update as and when lol,

Right then this is a serious post.

Iam in the process of swapping in the cg13 gearbox, its actually not that bad a conversion and should be done today/tomorrow!

Iam seriously planning to move to wales so that iam near my sponsors and favourite tracks for drifting. I NEED to sell off all my old projects and cars iam not wanting to take to wales.

The only project i have which i wish to take with me is my r32 sr20 driftccar, the rest will be sold and i intend on using some of the money towards buying a nice everyday car that is big and comfy and nice to drive. I have my eye on something but i dont quite have the funds for it atm.

Iam looking to sell this car as a running road legal car with or without the new engine. i havent fitted that engine yet! Iam not bothered about gettng a really good priee for it, just want it sold so that someone else can enjoy it and then iam free to move to wales without all these projects tying me down.

get in touch please! Iam 100%serious about this, thought long and hard. I think its too much of a good thing to pass up on. I will consider breaking it if it comes too it, so might be worth expressing your interest in anything that you may want.

I still have the dcnf weber setup, if people wanna make me an offer for those ill take the best offer by the end of the weekend. They must go! Everything i dont want to keep will be going on ebay throughout next week. I have a lad local who may take my micra, i hope he takes it cose i have known him since he was preschool lol iam so old ha too old for toy cars like this haha

You dont know me but I would just like to say that being quite new to micra's it is partly due to your posts/blogs etc that I have been inspired to transform my standard cheap runaround, which it was meant to be, into something a little different. I, as I'm sure many others have too, have enjoyed very much your micra build and hope that you dont leave micras for good. Whatever you do I wish you success and happiness. Oh, and by the way, you're never too old for a 'toy car', I'm 42 and my 10 and 12 year old daughters think my K10 is the coolest car in the world! lol Good luck

Hey thanks for the kind words mate, appreciate it alot :) I have come to that time in my life that having a car like this for everyday use has lost its appeal. Its too tempting to drive fast all the time and iam gonna get myself into trouble and also my back has had enough of super stiff suspensions haha.

What i really want for everyday use is a big beast of a car. Iam especially looking at buying a laurel or cefiro or cresta or chaser ect ect, but i dont want a sports model or anything that will rinse me on insurance or beg to be abused. Just big, jap, low (well lowish until my back starts to complain :)), wide and old is what i crave.

I doubt i leave micra world for ever as they are alot of fun.

iam moving back to my old house again so ill be able to cycle to work haha. i want a big comfy pimp cruiser and my driftcar.

These are things iam selling already:
36 dcnf weber setup, everything you need to get it running on a cg13 k11. Dizzy, reg, inlet and carbs and regulator. £140 posted I bought all this off of superls for over £250 and used it for a couple months. pics in this thread somewhere and vids with missfire that ended up being a hose or something, cant remember. carbs are like new really :)

7.5x13" Banded facelift k10 wheels with 6 tyres, all just about legal, 4 of them are really good. 2 x dunlops and 4 x yokos all 175:50:13 £250

cg13 engine with kent 256 cams and ported head £150

cg10 pistons and rods for high comp cg13 build £60 posted

Ill add more as i think about it :)

Although iam still waiting to hear from my mate on whether he is taking it :)

very sorry to hear your selling up mate i can understand where you coming from tho. if i had the funds i would buy the lot but this corolla is draining me lol. i bought it with the intention of a fast road car without the hassle but its give me more hassle than the k10 money wise o_O at least its solid thank god :) anyway good look with the sale kev :)

I havent managed to sell anything yet and i haven't seen the car in weeks now.

Really dunno what to do with it. I got a megasquirt ms2 v3 with an innovate wide band llambda setup.

Its odc finals for 2011 on saturday and i decided last saturday that is attempt to get the drift car ready. It's pretty much done already lol. It had no engine or suspension lol. I enjoyed working on it with a beer and the sun.

Maybe ill enjoy working on the micra again if the weather was better!

The car is coming home on friday it'll ever get fixed or scrapped :)

Guy

Has gone over to the oily side...
Club Member
Any news Kev? Are you in Wales yet :)? Just read this entire post again, there's been some ups and downs and some awesome work going on :).

Any news Kev? Are you in Wales yet :)? Just read this entire post again, there's been some ups and downs and some awesome work going on :).

Alot has changed for me. Another close relative has passed away which is pretty sad but iam keeping myself busy. I dont think i will ever move to wales now because i have a house of my own down here. Its going through probate and stuff and the final wish was that i live in it.

Iam drifting again now, my 200sx is all back together and i made some really cool suspension arms for it. Also i have been working on my r32 4dr and that is pretty much done, just waiting for the engine to come back from the rebuild. Then ill be getting that on the road :D

I have started on the micra BUT because my workshop is 10miles away and i had to rely on lifts, it just wasnt happening. I got offered a fairly cool mx5 for little money and snapped that up for daily driving.

I have removed the old engine and gearbox from my micra. I need to remove the head off of the new engine and put a new headgasket in there as well as new bolts because i snapped one of the old ones lol. Then i can swap all the shizzle over onto the new engine.

I THINK iam going to kinda give up on performance. Taking into account that itll be about 110hp so wont exactly be slow. Iam planning on making the car look and sit how i want it and compromise on everything else. Itll still be badass but i just want to cruise in it because its too fragile for a hoon like me. Trying to be "herra frush" and flatout takes too much maintenace.

Anyways who knows. Bottom line is iam working on it again and anything can happen. I have had dirty thoughts for the last 6 weeks or so, whether i should put mx5 running gear under it. would be so cheap and easy to do BUT very time consuming :/

My new 5

581883_10150978906217577_512537576_12001172_1912702634_n.jpg
554593_10150978903552577_512537576_12001165_1199682102_n.jpg

I love it. Its a million times better than the red one. its got buddy club adjustable civic coilies. uprated clutch, 4 branch and decat and air filter. and a cusco 1.5way diff. I have added the laguna front splitter, the wheels, ksport bucket seat, suede steering wheel and front wheels spacers. Oh and i wound on maximum camber, modified the steering for extra lock for the skids and smashed the sump the first time i went hooning lol

I chopped 3 coils allround and its pretty much perfect. The back is marginally higher though. I didn't remove the springs from the shocks or the shocks from the car
lol

I will get some pics of the steering wheel in a couple hours.

So you just jacked it up and cut the springs like that ?? what did you use to chop them ?

That's healthy amount of lock :D are you competing somewhere this year?
Why less camber btw?
im just driving for fun this year but iam still doing some rounds of the open drift championship :)

less camber because it handles a bit rubbish with the amount i have now. its a bit excessive :)