• Please only use these forums for blogs, they are not a discussion forum

Dattosan Machi Suzuki twincam 4wd project pg22

Low Rider

Poindexter
Founding Member
Club Member
That will come easily. A TD04 will be efficient at boost and providing it's intercooled you should see 150-160bhp comfortably, quite probably more depending on boost and cam choice. The biggest benefit is you be able to map it, so even with a TD04 it will be tractable, especially so given the weight of a K10.

Expect traction problems!

That will come easily. A TD04 will be efficient at boost and providing it's intercooled you should see 150-160bhp comfortably, quite probably more depending on boost and cam choice. The biggest benefit is you be able to map it, so even with a TD04 it will be tractable, especially so given the weight of a K10.

Expect traction problems!

Sweet man thanks for info (Y) 160hp will be pretty retarded :D

Traction is already a massive issue if the road is wet lol.

Bigger gearbox, bigger wheels and bigger tyres will be required :D

Tonight I lapped in the valves and started too assemble the springs ect
Ran in too couple problems. Spring compressor is a bit too big to fit the head and proving difficult to get the retainers in. May have lost a couple but need to wait for daylight. Which brings me too the other problem which is light, I just don't have enough light and I can't really see properly. I'll wait for daylight :) and hope the missing collets turn up :)

Also Iam getting side tracked by 2 strokes and pulsejets :D

frank

Club Member
Tonight I lapped in the valves and started too assemble the springs ect
Ran in too couple problems. Spring compressor is a bit too big to fit the head and proving difficult to get the retainers in. May have lost a couple but need to wait for daylight. Which brings me too the other problem which is light, I just don't have enough light and I can't really see properly. I'll wait for daylight :) and hope the missing collets turn up :)

Also Iam getting side tracked by 2 strokes and pulsejets :D

compressor kev fwn i just jump the collets out with a socket, and push the spring down with a bent spanner :)

Today I found the missing collets and finished putting the inlet valves in. I fabbed up a cut and shut spanner to put collets in.

I could only find a couple feeler gauges though. By pure luck, the two feelers were .2 and .3. I fitted the inlet cam and checked the gaps :D all of the had nice fit on .2 and none would take the .3 :D good enough for me :D its pretty lucky really cose all I did was compare the cam base diameters of each lobe and ground the stems of the valves too suit each measure!

Next I started to lap in the exhaust valves. These are taking a while for two reasons. 1. The valves could do with recutting due too some minor pitting, seats are fine though :) and 2. My lapping twisel stick shizzle is bigger than the valve lol, it works but not well.

Tomorrow ill finishes the head and get it back onto the bottom end.

Still need a gearbox! Might be forced with a cg13 box conversion :(

superls

K10 Tuner
a stock engine would hit 9krpm but wont make power or last long, the art/money is not in hitting it its in maintaining it and getting the most from it to make it worth while

This is why I choose the mild cams for 7k rpm and a turbo!

The head is finished and bolted to the block, just need to torque it all down and refit the cams and chains ect.

Then its ready to go in!

Next stage will be megasquirt and finish turbo manifold ect :)

Can't wait for more power but still need a box first :(

aLLeKs

Club Member (Trial)
I never tried my ma10 with more than 6000rpm and with the new cams, I will have so look on the dyno where I will have my peak power... But unfotrunately my car is not moving at the moment (my heater blew up, the one inside the car -.-) And with temperatures that low I don't want to drive without a nice warm car :D...

And probably my car will sleep from march to august, because I will make an internship in Japan. (I will know it tomorrow after a telephone interview) And know guess what idea came to my mind? :D right! a nice and clean ma09ert

Low Rider

Poindexter
Founding Member
Club Member
This is why I choose the mild cams for 7k rpm and a turbo!

The head is finished and bolted to the block, just need to torque it all down and refit the cams and chains ect.

Then its ready to go in!

Next stage will be megasquirt and finish turbo manifold ect :)

Can't wait for more power but still need a box first :(

Really looking forward to this coming together Machi ;) K10 weight with K11 turbo power will make for a potent mix if you can keep the tyres on the road eh!

I never tried my ma10 with more than 6000rpm and with the new cams, I will have so look on the dyno where I will have my peak power... But unfotrunately my car is not moving at the moment (my heater blew up, the one inside the car -.-) And with temperatures that low I don't want to drive without a nice warm car :D...

And probably my car will sleep from march to august, because I will make an internship in Japan. (I will know it tomorrow after a telephone interview) And know guess what idea came to my mind? :D right! a nice and clean ma09ert

I wish I could go to Japan, but with all them mega hot chicks around, the last thing i would be thinking of is cars :D

Really looking forward to this coming together Machi ;) K10 weight with K11 turbo power will make for a potent mix if you can keep the tyres on the road eh!

Yes should be interesting, i hope it won't take me too long to get it all together :)

frank will know but if i remeber rightly its a 3 stage tightening sequence up to around 90nm? let someone else clarify tho cause its been a while since i looked at the haynes and ive lost the file lol.

oh and cam bearing caps arn't a lot i usually do mine by guess with a spanner but i don't reccomend it if you dont trust yourself cause the are so easy to de-thread. and use a bit of locktite

frank

Club Member
Thanks chaps (Y)

No more progress yet. Been doing other things lol.

I think cams are 14nm and ill wang the head down to 100 through stages :)

yes 11nm kev :) about the same as you get with a big screwdriver i guess, and i give the headbolts about the same as the cam sprocket bolts (100ish)
lookin good btw (Y)

yeah will be interesting to see if its cracked the 100bhp mark i reckon it has easily. you should really notice the difference on the road tho.

The injectors don't fit. they will fit cg inlet with spacered Cga3 rail though I reckon.

Iam getting serious ####ed off that preface gearbox don't exist anymore grrr. Time for a normal car i think.

Iam suprised no one has commented how much better it looks now, just needs a new bonnet!

Honestly no idea if I remember I'll pop in there on friday and ask for you... It shouldn't be to much cause they were going to charge me £200 for a mx3 front end (everything under the bonnet and what not)

r-reg-sr

-------
Site Supporter
The injectors don't fit. they will fit cg inlet with spacered Cga3 rail though I reckon.

Iam getting serious ####ed off that preface gearbox don't exist anymore grrr. Time for a normal car i think.

Iam suprised no one has commented how much better it looks now, just needs a new bonnet!

dont know bout comments after watching this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R3F-s3J3Ez8&feature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=endscreen&NR=1&v=BGbECCIpnck
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=endscreen&NR=1&v=BGbECCIpnck
no talking left to do :grinning:

+1 my old n14 gti dint even accelerate that quick and that was a mildly tuned sr20 and it never sounded as good. and as for the looks kev if it had two legs id ask for its number :laugh: seriously tho it looks awesome and goes well from what i can see of the vids. what box are you after mate? im going down the breakers tomorrow i can have a look if you want although im a hell of a run from you mate.

euro_micra

Matt :)
It looks like stock, but broken. Which is perfect Kev. It's not beautifull, but I wouldn't change a thing:grinning: or perhaps a painted bonnet to reduce the 'rat scene' look, but that's all:p

Keep it up, one of my favorite micras.

Thanks man, btw yours, franks, marks ect are my fav k11s fo sho, I like stock look with man stance (STANCE, STANCE, STANCE, STANCE, STANCE, STANCE, STANCE, STANCE, STANCE. for haters of the word stance lol)ReRegarding gearboxes Iam willing to consider travelling anywhere cose my fuel economy had dropped badly, my clutch is ####ed from trying to drive fast without 3rd and Iam desperate to fit my new engine.

It's a pre 98 cg10 gearbox that iam after :)

Hopefully ill get a facelift bonnet to fit and not look poo, I want to look more standard, so its less recognisable

cool i went down today to the breakers he has a 1.0 gearbox in i think its pre 98 i will double check tomorrow and get you a price if you want kev.

i drove a reallly long way too a scrapyard out in the sticks.

i took 120 cose thats what they wanted.

i handed over money.

they put gearbox in the boot for me.

then i realised it wasnt even a cg10 box.

i am going to buy a cg13 gearbox later today.

lol thats something that usually happens to me kev. i forgot to post up he wants £40 for that cg10 box its pre-98. dont know if its any good to you now if your getting a cg13 one tho. maybe be the better option anyway if your going down the boosted route. was gonna ask you bud if you would be able to knock up an exhaust for me? i was going to get a mig and do one but dont see the point in getting a mig just yet as ill use it once and store it lol.

Not sure what to do mate, seriously tempted to get my r32 on the road and park this up for a while. Dunno yet!

I'll see what I can do regarding manifold, how soon do you need one?

I went rallying on new years day, ended up punching rear shocks up through body

IMAG0476.jpg

I made a spacer restrictor thingy to stop the suspension moving much, 0mm bump travel 10mm droop travel. Never rubs now and handles like an actual kart
hold on toght through bumps though eek

IMAG0478.jpg

Next ill do same to the front, I have a great idea :D

Tonight Iam removing the front strut inserts then extending them right out.

I'll hold them in my lathe and then machine the pushrod so that at static ride height they are on full extension rather than full compression. Then ill pack the remaining travel out with bump stop rubbers. Then it'll be super solid with almost zero droop and hopefully no more bounce :)

not in a massive rush for one mate just whenever you can. i think i can use the one i have i just need to put a bit of weld round it as it has weld thats broke where it joins to the skinny down pipe. im sure ive read that the k11 complete exhaust will fit providing i move the hangers.

nice work with the shocks there mate (Y)

not in a massive rush for one mate just whenever you can. i think i can use the one i have i just need to put a bit of weld round it as it has weld thats broke where it joins to the skinny down pipe. im sure ive read that the k11 complete exhaust will fit providing i move the hangers.

nice work with the shocks there mate (Y)

No worries and thanks, it handles soo much better now :)

Also Iam driving to a scrappy 40mile away. They have a few micras but can't guarantee that they have the parts i need. Fingers crossed!