• Please only use these forums for blogs, they are not a discussion forum

Dattosan Machi Suzuki twincam 4wd project pg22

just seen the vid now kev looks to be running nice mate (Y) yeah i think the rev counter should work that way ive done it that way on a few cars and its always worked for me. and yeah i think the box might fit the ga14 box's fit the cg's so i think the ga16 rwd box will have the same bolting pattern.

the blue wire to the dizzy, or else pinout number 2 on the ecu is the tacho signal kev :)

thanks chaps, ill get on it asap. gotta fit a bee*r limiter as well :D

heres a pic of me drifting

20110907_266.jpg

so some more progress today.

first i started with the idle control valve. i drilled and tapped the ports to m16 and made up some m16 take offs. these have a 7mm hole through them.

IMAG0128.jpg

IMAG0129.jpg

IMAG0130.jpg

then i removed the throttle body and pulled the 4mm vacumm take off out. i drilled and tapped the hole to m8 and made another take off with 7mm hole through.

IMAG0131.jpg

only probs is the hole into the throttle body is tiny and i dont think its bleeding enough air

IMAG0132.jpg

then i soldered and head shrinked the injector plugs for the qg injectors

IMAG0134.jpg

heres some pics of the fuel system, i think figaro tank is the future though

IMAG0135.jpg

IMAG0136.jpg

putting back together

IMAG0137.jpg

idle control valve is cable tied in position, you can kind of see the plumbing

IMAG0139.jpg

IMAG0140.jpg

IMAG0141.jpg

IMAG0142.jpg

IMAG0144.jpg

i think the idle control valve needs some adjustments, the idle is set where i want it at warm engine temps so i will see how it starts from cold tomorrow. iam not sure if i can drill the hole out in the throttle body because it is very close to the butterfly and may break through the wrong side.

i drove it around the field for 10mins and all appeared to be good, did some handbrakes and j turns for fun. cant wait to get an mot and then get back to the rollers :D

i would its just insurance i think ill hang on till im 25. gutted tho i got one ages ago for £120 i had it for 6months but the guy that had the garage i was working at was a t*** and made me get it out of the garage while i was working on it in my own time so i told him what i thought of him and almost got in a scrap with him :kungfu: so i walked out and had to sell it:down: got £150 for so covered the cost of moving it lol. quite fancy doing a rwd conversion on the k10 but ill hang fire and get it running first then make my mind up lol. got to say reading your blog always boosts my motivation to get on with it (Y)

well i have a swift gti tank with internal pump ect i did think about using that. but i think i want it as clean and oem looking as possible. and i think iam going to put rear seats back in for my dog, she isnt keen on sliding around in the back haha

haha i remember taking my dog out in my turbo'd n14 sunny that was stipped out that dint work out to well :laugh:

imo that swirl pot set up you have looks the business kev. is it not working well or is it just the de-cluttered look you want?

haha dogs in stripped cars for the win :D

the swirl pot works faultless, its pretty good and iam happy with it. but as you say its the decluttered look i crave :D

tbf iam better of leaving it as is because if i decide i want a turbo at any point, i have the fuel system to cope with 300hp ish :wow:

i need to worry about more important things like mot and wheel fitments :D

lol true it doesn't really look that cluttered anyway at least all the wires and stuff are tucked. it looks cool really. yeah true if you go down the turbo route which will be hard to resist now you have injection :grinning:

Yesterday I successfully managed to drill out the idle control port in the tb from 2mm to 6mm and polished out any burrs in the bore of the body. I then disassembled and cleaned the control valve. I believe its working well now, will no for sure when its stone cold.

I also made a bracket to hold the airbox steady.

Mot jobs now :)

Bee*r limiter doesn't work :( won't rev past 5k and doesn't sound like a shot gun :(

I used red/yellow and white from dizzy.

Iam supposed to splice into 'rpm signal' and 'ignition signal'
I'll try pin 2 and pin 36 instead tonight.

The matiz shocks are in the scrap already. They wouldn't go low enough for me so I decided that I wanted to see if the inserts were removable. They are not though so never mind. Atleast I know what the inside looks like :)

I removed the rear shocks and fitted new springs that are held captive by the shocks, so maximum bump travel, no loose spring and restricted droop.

Then I rewelded the axle brackets on to look tidier, stronger and the ride height that I desire.

Next up is makw an adjustable panard rod, adjustable trailing arms, new front shocks and a heavily tucked exhaust system :D

It depends how low you want to go, they have the same travel ect ad my golf coilies.

So any higher would be fine just can't go lower
IfIf I could find shorter inserts with better dampers I could replace the coilies inserts and cut them down!

The micra is pretty much hellaflush wheel fitment on the rear now.

IMAG0158.jpg

IMAG0159.jpg

IMAG0161.jpg

IMAG0162.jpg

Axle brackets almost finished, still look crappy though .(q

IMAG0163.jpg

IMAG0164.jpg

IMAG0165.jpg

Had to raise it about 15mm to get it out of the workshop :(

IMAG0167.jpg

This is my inspiration right now

94356346_org-v1315692606.jpg

94355649_org-v1315773651.jpg

94355767_org-v1315726876.jpg

94354606_org-v1315773651.jpg

94354445_org-v1315773651.jpg

Iam tempted to get 14s or 15s too make it easier/better.

Tempted to change colour

And need a front splitter and some skirts and some rear spats :D

Low Rider

Poindexter
Founding Member
Club Member
i couldnt get the bee*r too work so i removed it. now the car appears to limit at standard limiter :glare::suspect:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=drZd4r9t95c

does that sound like stock limit to you chaps?

Is the standard rev limiter in the way Machi?

It seems the rev limiter removal trick has mixed results depending on the car, (prolly age and ECU related), as this trick was something done back in the rally days on the early cars. Complacency of having a pre-nistune piggyback board on the K11 ecu and now an Omex has lead to me never bothering to check this out since we've been able to set the limiter to whatever we need.

Frank seems to be doing ok with his setup and IIRC is still under the standard limiter?

Once completed that K10 is going to shift plenty. K10's are light as and with a good tuned CG13 in there it certainly wont hang about! ;)

Yeah man is quick anyways and will be mental with high comp 1311cc engine with headwork and cams lol.

By pre nistune do you mean you have an early ecu that can be chipped without nistune board? Mines an L reg ecu!

Stock engine on webers made 98hp at 6450rpm. It's did do 60 in second and now its on the limiter at 50 :(

Low Rider

Poindexter
Founding Member
Club Member
Yeah man is quick anyways and will be mental with high comp 1311cc engine with headwork and cams lol.

By pre nistune do you mean you have an early ecu that can be chipped without nistune board? Mines an L reg ecu!

Stock engine on webers made 98hp at 6450rpm. It's did do 60 in second and now its on the limiter at 50 :(

Mine is a 94 also. What I mean is Ed was remapping my car way before any Nistune solution was available for the K11 ecu. We used a daughter board from Japan which used a pair of eeproms and requires emulators to live map the car. Once done the images are then burned onto the chips. A very long winded way of doing it but that's what was available back then. My car was very much a developmental model....

There is now a Nistune solution for the K11 that works and is being used by several members here. We opted for a standalone as we went outside the capabilities of the standard ecu.

Mine is a 94 also. What I mean is Ed was remapping my car way before any Nistune solution was available for the K11 ecu. We used a daughter board from Japan which used a pair of eeproms and requires emulators to live map the car. Once done the images are then burned onto the chips. A very long winded way of doing it but that's what was available back then. My car was very much a developmental model....

There is now a Nistune solution for the K11 that works and is being used by several members here. We opted for a standalone as we went outside the capabilities of the standard ecu.

thanks for the info. looks like i may need nistune eventually :)

yeah sweet work on getting them wheels tucked that far up mate (Y)

thanks mate :D

did you get a headlight relay kev? there is a couple being broke on ebay at the min. if you cant get one you can have mine as it wont be on the road for 2-3 months anyhow (Y)

Loving the stance you got now Kev, looks sweet as (Y)(Y)(Y)

(Y) thanks mate (Y) ill get some better pics today. i want to get some more camber on the front wheels next :D

did you get a headlight relay kev? there is a couple being broke on ebay at the min. if you cant get one you can have mine as it wont be on the road for 2-3 months anyhow (Y)
no not founs a relay just yet. one of the breakers on ebay is in walsaw and collection only so thats a bit far tbh and the other is down in cornwal which is also a prefacelift model and not too far away :)

hopefully ill have one in the next day or so if not ill send you a pm, thanks mate (Y) your a star (Y)

Daniel

I WILL be back...
Stance like that would be useless around where I live - it's all country lanes, roundabouts, potholes, speedbumps, and uneven camber :laugh:

Stance like that would be useless around where I live - it's all country lanes, roundabouts, potholes, speedbumps, and uneven camber :laugh:

same mate i live in devon but i have been driving slammed cars for years and you tend to learn the best routes and where the bumps ect are lol

hatchbacks are easiest cose they have minimal overhang infront and behind the wheels.

i have some scuffs on my sump and fuel tank so iam going to have to make up some sump and tank gaurds :p

haha i had that on the n14 was a ##### to keep clean underneath sump guards will take some abuse lol front bumper exhaust custom fuel tank and lift the engine (Y) lol just my idea's for mine although my idea's are normally go down the #### pan :laugh: