• Please only use these forums for blogs, they are not a discussion forum

Dattosan Machi Suzuki twincam 4wd project pg22

today i went to the scrapyard and got 2x ga16 airbox, a 100nx throttle cable and a ga16 throttle body all for £15 lol. not sure why i got the ga tb

here is what i have made so far out of the cg13 afm and sr20 tb. its only araldited together atm and it isnt going to last long so i need a solution for fixing the 2 together without welding.

and i hope i didnt damage the afm whilst machining it.

IMAG0074.jpg

IMAG0075.jpg

IMAG0076.jpg

IMAG0077.jpg

IMAG0079.jpg

IMAG0080.jpg

IMAG0081.jpg

IMAG0095.jpg

IMAG0097.jpg

IMAG0099.jpg

IMAG0102.jpg

IMAG0104.jpg

im not, iam using the cg13 afm attached an sr20det throttle body ;)

i put the cg13 throttle body into the lathe and machined the 45mm tb section out to 60mm. the afm half is 60mm ;) eventually i was left with just the afm half and the little box on the side which contains the electrical gubbins. i think i machined it to 69mm and then machined the sr tb to 69mm so they fit snugly. i then fixed it together with araldite.

so now iam left with a 60mm tb with a 60mm afm on top :p if i can keep the 2 pieces together and as long as the afm still works, i should be onto a winner. fingers crossed.

the second inlet setup pictured is a ga16 tb on a cg13 manifold with a ga airbox. its just to show that my new setup is pretty much the same height

heres another couple pics showing the red qg injectors fitted into the fuel rail and inlet.

tomorrow iam trailering the micra from its current home and taking it to my dads where i have some garage space, lathe, welding, pillar drill and tools ect. the plan has changed slightly and i wont be fitting the pistons or cams at this stage. i will be concentrating on wiring in the loom and ecu, also fitting the new inlet and dizzy setup.

once the car is up and running with mot i will start looking for another engine that i can rebuild with the pistons ect and fit it some time in the near future. its a possibility that this might be running on injection by the end of next week :)

IMAG0111.jpg

IMAG0112.jpg

Thanks chaps

Basically I have 2 major jobs. Loom and fuel system.

And a few minor jobs. Weld on lambda bung, make an idle control system, mount ecu, make throttle cable hanger, connect up servo and breather pipes :)

Should do most of it in an evening I would have thought.

alright kev sorry for the questions lol but do you know how far the back of your cg is from the firewall? because i think mine is too far forward i might be wrong but i aint sure how far its ment to be lol

cheers, steve

alright kev sorry for the questions lol but do you know how far the back of your cg is from the firewall? because i think mine is too far forward i might be wrong but i aint sure how far its ment to be lol

cheers, steve

Hey man no worries ill get you some measurements tonight :)

tonight i didnt get much done lol. but progress is progress :)
IMAG0120.jpg

here is a swirl pot that i just knocked up this evening. i made ne the same as this before for a zetec fiesta i had and it worked really well. will be fed by a facet redtop pump and then a sytec 300hp pump will feed the fuel rail
IMAG0121.jpg

IMAG0122.jpg

started to tidy up the original idle control valve that i cut from the cg13 throttle body. i need to connect it to the inlet manifold and also inbetween the afm and tb butterfly.
IMAG0123.jpg

i did also get the loom into the car and all connected up to the engine ect.

just need to wire the loom into the car harness with relevant fuses and relays. solder new plugs onto the injector loom. fit the lambda boss and connect that shiz

then once the fuel system is completed i should be able to start the mofo :grinning:

after that there is a few other none engine related jobs to do so that its ready for mot :p

awesome work again there mate (Y) is the swirl pot an old fire extinguisher? looks cool as hell.

haha no worries about the measurements i always forget to bring stuff back with me from my garage always to busy with the spanners it takes my mind off it lol.

awesome work again there mate (Y) is the swirl pot an old fire extinguisher? looks cool as hell.

haha no worries about the measurements i always forget to bring stuff back with me from my garage always to busy with the spanners it takes my mind off it lol.

Haha yeah tools on the brain :s

Yes it is an old 1kg extinguisher. It was dead so I unscrewed the top and gave it a clean. I made the fittings on my lathe and migged them in. All 8mm fittings.

The top one will return to tank and let air out. Middle at bottom will feed HP pump and then the fuel rail. Then the other 2 will be LP feed from tank and fuel rail return.

So only high pressure in the engine bay and low pressure everywhere else :)

ah nice one. its awesome when you do it your self and don't spend a penny :laugh: just goes to show junk can be turned into something really useful (Y) might have to use this idea my self if i decide to go injection as ive got an old extinguisher kicking around somewhere lol.

See i totally agree. Making stuff from junk is my bag baby yeah.

This is the sort of thing I like doing, taking carbs on and off trying to make them work sucks kok.

You should defo do the injection route imo. I cant wait to test it out :D

ah cant watch the vid till after 12 stupid fair use policy on my comp grr cant wait to see it tho mate (Y)

thats poo, i had some fair use pants on my phone not long ago grr

Nice! Love drifitng... may i suggest an MX5 lump? :p

cheers and me too :D hmmm mx5, i would rather go for a nissan turbo lump or try and mate a cg13 with am s13 gearbox and then turbo that :p:wow:

you da man kev (Y) :cool:

actually i think you are the man, but i think you should have told me to fit injection before i got the carbs :glare::blush:

lets hope it performs well on the road

run down of whats gone down!

so the first vid with it runing on injection, it had an extremely bodged wiring and fuel system. i connected all the ecu lives to the green ballast resistor wire. i figured it is capable.

i connected the start wire which is pin 34 and green and yellow wire on the black plug by ecu to the starter motor ignition wire. and connected the fuel pump pin 104 black and yellow on black plug by the ecu to the fuel pump -

all the earths connect to the head in the engine loom

all of the loom and ecu was in the engine bay :suspect:

the fuel system was also still in the engine bay, i simply fitted a high pressure pump inline with the low pressure pump, thats why it kept stalling after running for a few seconds.

today i fitted the lambda sensor and welded in the bung ect. i also finished the fuel system for now. it is still all in the engine bay tbh. the swirl pot is bolted to the inner wing with the low pressure pump next to it on the strut tower. the high pressure pump is bolted to the bulkhead.

i bored out a 50mm hole in the bulkhead and in the back of the glove box and fed the wiring through utilising the standard grommet that was already on the loom. the ecu now live in the glove box :)

iam also still using the green ignition wire for my power supply to the ecu, however i pulled it back through the loom until it was inside the car and is now up behind the dash.

i need to work out how to get a rev counter working. can i do the old school negative side of coil shizzle?

cheers

i have developed a habit of constantly blipping the throttle because it used to constantly stall :blues: it doesnt stall anymore :D

i jut remembered. i need to solder the injector plugs onto the loom, they are just pushed into the old plugs at the mo :eek:

just seen the vid now kev looks to be running nice mate (Y) yeah i think the rev counter should work that way ive done it that way on a few cars and its always worked for me. and yeah i think the box might fit the ga14 box's fit the cg's so i think the ga16 rwd box will have the same bolting pattern.