• Please only use these forums for blogs, they are not a discussion forum

Dattosan Machi Suzuki twincam 4wd project pg22

would it be worthwhile to sell the carbs on ebay but not listing them for a micra?

plan does sound good but i'm not sure if there's a market for a tuned MA

yeah i think they will sell as well on rr. my advice would be to start from fresh kev. just pull the lot out and take off what you need then rebuild in injection form then it should run perfect and you will have an easy base if you decide to turbo. dont give up tho mate you have done some really awesome work on this car it would be a shame to give in mate (Y)

superls

K10 Tuner
with things how they are on here atm, (i had them for sale for at least 6 months) you might be better off selling them off the manifold as a 'matched pair of weber 36DCNF's'

Cool thanks chaps. I will get them up on retrorides :D

Going scrapyard in a minute. Need lots of bits for the injection swap. Gonna need to buy a swirl poy :s might make my own from something lol

Went scrapyard and got

Cga fuel rail
Cga injectors
Cga inlet manifold
Cg10 ecu
Cg10 loom
Cg10 dizzy and sensors
Cg10 airbox

I couldn't get qg injectors or throttle body :( may be a pain to find as ebay shows no tb forsale in uk :(

Might try a ca18det tb

I made a swirl pot for my old 2l zetec fiesta. I wonder if I still have it

frank

Club Member
Went scrapyard and got

Cga fuel rail
Cga injectors
Cga inlet manifold
Cg10 ecu
Cg10 loom
Cg10 dizzy and sensors
Cg10 airbox

I couldn't get qg injectors or throttle body :( may be a pain to find as ebay shows no tb forsale in uk :(

Might try a ca18det tb

I made a swirl pot for my old 2l zetec fiesta. I wonder if I still have it

SR20 t/b works well with those QG injectors kev (Y)

nice one frank

sr20de or sr20det?

redtop or blacktop?

is it just a 60mm tb?

what do i do about tps and idle control?

can i swap the k11 tps over?

I dont suppose you have a set of red injectors kicking about that i could purchase from you?

frank

Club Member
nice one frank

sr20de or sr20det?

redtop or blacktop?

is it just a 60mm tb?

what do i do about tps and idle control?

can i swap the k11 tps over?

I dont suppose you have a set of red injectors kicking about that i could purchase from you?

stock sr 16/20 apparently kev, 60mm and mine had no tps iirc, so i used a spare GA/QG one, i have no idle problems so far, running none at all atm, (i had cams eh and 1/2 speed alternator so needed 900rpm) and i have a spare set of injectors (they owe me £5 each)

Attachments

• 67520.jpg
    67520.jpg
    52.5 KB · Views: 683
cool iam sending you a pm regarding injectors and tps ;)

what needed doing to fit the throttle body to the cga inlet? just redrill and retap same as qg?

what airbox are you using?

do you still have the cg13de afm/maf/tophalf of cg throttle body araldited into airbox?

frank

Club Member
cool iam sending you a pm regarding injectors and tps ;)

what needed doing to fit the throttle body to the cga inlet? just redrill and retap same as qg?

what airbox are you using?

do you still have the cg13de afm/maf/tophalf of cg throttle body araldited into airbox?

the 2 front bolts go straight through the adapter plate and into the factory threads kev, then i have 2 countersunk thinner m6 bolts in the rear 2 (as in pic)
GA airbox and yes, cut-off CG maf :) (all behaving impeccably atm (Y))

I guess this is an update of some kind lol.

IMAG0033.jpg

IMAG0036.jpg

IMAG0037.jpg

IMAG0034.jpg

IMAG0038.jpg

HMMM forgot I had a 4dr r32 with an sr20. The throttle body has been butt raped anyone so it'll do for micra
IMAG0041.jpg

I guess I just pop the regulator clip back on?
IMAG0043.jpg

IMAG0044.jpg

IMAG0045.jpg

IMAG0046.jpg

IMAG0047.jpg

IMAG0048.jpg

IMAG0052.jpg

IMAG0054.jpg

IMAG0055.jpg

IMAG0056.jpg

Few things I want to find out through searching the forum, but if someonr can answer me that would ne awesome :D

The rev limiter trick. What's this hole I hear about?

Can I use the sr20 tps, it has same plug!

I need 1.2mm extra cam shin. Could I machine 1.3 off of valve stems or out of bucket and use an extra set of standard shims?

davey1991

If its not scrubbing, its not low enough.
Take the Dizzy cap off, take off the rotor and then the plastic cover underneath it.
Once you get that far there will be a thin metal disk with slots in it, rotate the engine until you find the slot with a seperate hole next to it, cover the hole on both sides with something and goodbye rev-limiter.

the hole thing in the dizzy i think is a square hole that you tape up? i remember reading about that in one of the blogs.

the tps i think a wire may be different but i could be wrong ive got a cg tps you can have for free if you need one mate.

frank is the man for the shims but if i remember rightly the buckets can be shaved.

frank

Club Member
Few things I want to find out through searching the forum, but if someonr can answer me that would ne awesome :D

The rev limiter trick. What's this hole I hear about?

Can I use the sr20 tps, it has same plug!

I need 1.2mm extra cam shin. Could I machine 1.3 off of valve stems or out of bucket and use an extra set of standard shims?
there is very little valvestem protruding on CG,s kev :eek: later CGA3 valves are 2mm longer tho

Take the Dizzy cap off, take off the rotor and then the plastic cover underneath it.
Once you get that far there will be a thin metal disk with slots in it, rotate the engine until you find the slot with a seperate hole next to it, cover the hole on both sides with something and goodbye rev-limiter.

Thanks mate that's perfect :)
IMAG0058.jpg

there is very little valvestem protruding on CG,s kev :eek: later CGA3 valves are 2mm longer tho

Yes you mentioned that before. Will I need different Springs and retainers? Is valve seat to collet groove length the same?

Have you got any spare?

Frank is the sr20 tps useless for me? Will the cg fit and work?

Thanks mate ill pm later regarding paypal ;)

the hole thing in the dizzy i think is a square hole that you tape up? i remember reading about that in one of the blogs.

the tps i think a wire may be different but i could be wrong ive got a cg tps you can have for free if you need one mate.

frank is the man for the shims but if i remember rightly the buckets can be shaved.

Thanks mate. I'll let you know about tps :thumbs:

no worries mate if you need it its there (Y) im not 100% sure with the sr20 tps i think i seen somewhere there is a wire that needs swapping round but like i say i could be wrong. i did have a sr20 tps as well and the plug does look the same like so it may work.

frank

Club Member
the plugs on my CG/GA/QG tps,s are all the same kev, but the CG shaft is a different (D) shape (on the left in pic)all the others use a T bar thingy :grinning:

Attachments

• SDC12653.JPG
    SDC12653.JPG
    274.3 KB · Views: 543
Sweet man, frank mentioned to get a qg or ga tps so Iam hoping Sr or ch will work.

I should stop being lazy and work all this out for myself lol :D

yeh, same length kev, just an extra 2mm of protruding stem (and no shim) and i do have a set :)

FRANK YOUR A BEAST!

Ill defo take them off of your hands if that's ok. will pm after tea :)

I may as well ado some cleaning up of the head ports and port throats and some 3 angle seat business whilst its all in bits.

really excited about this car again now :D

well im looking forward to the updates mate this is by far my favorite k10 blog (Y)

kev did you manage to use the original rear engine/box mount that the stabilizer bolts to? im stuck with mine there is a k10 mount o ebay but im unsure wever to buy it. i do have some steel to make one but if its a straight fit ill just buy one.

well im looking forward to the updates mate this is by far my favorite k10 blog (Y)

kev did you manage to use the original rear engine/box mount that the stabilizer bolts to? im stuck with mine there is a k10 mount o ebay but im unsure wever to buy it. i do have some steel to make one but if its a straight fit ill just buy one.

Hey thanks dude, I really appreciate comments like that. Makes it all feel worth while :D

It was good to take s break from this though, glad i didnt rush into any bad ideas or sell up.

Do you mean the inlet manifold stabiliser? If so I havent got one yet

Gearbox mount = standard Cg10 preface
Back mount = standard Cg10 bolted to engine + k10 mount bolted to floor/bulkhead. Yes it lines up :D

Engine mount = superls custom mount

Front stabiliser = modified standard part

Hope this helps mate. Iam planning on writing this up as a guide :)

no worries mate, yeah i ment the back/gearbox mount ive got the engine bolted in on the other 3 mounts but now im undecided if its all to far to the passenger side i used the cg10 box mount on the chassis leg to the top of the box and i think its to short so i may have to extend it or get a k10 one. unless it will be fine as it is just a bit uneasy about the drive shaft popping out the box on full lock. at least now i know that rear mount lines up ill get one and see where it puts the engine then work round it. cheers kev (Y)

nice work on the adaptor there mate (Y)

Cg10 mounts on a Cg10 gearbox will be perfect imo :)

Last night I finished the adaptor plate. However i am gonna drill and tap Sam idle control ports into the adaptor or the tb. Apparently you can buy these adaptors off of the shelf in jp.

IMAG0065.jpg

IMAG0066.jpg

IMAG0067.jpg

IMAG0068.jpg

IMAG0069.jpg

IMAG0070.jpg

IMAG0071.jpg

IMAG0072.jpg

IMAG0072.jpg

Last i decided that I wanted a break from the lathe, I do spend all day running a CNC lathe. lol.

however I ended up sorting through the wiring loom and highlighting the wiring diagram. should be fairly straight. forward with some luck.

also formulated an epic plan for the and just need some frank spec araldite. Tonight ill have the inlet and and airbox all finished. Then its time to pull the motor and strip it down, ready for a parcel from frank :D

With any luck I should be putting it all back together within a couple weeks.

Iam waiting for:

Cga valves
Qg red injectors
Uprated head gasket (probably cosworth mhg, as 1 of my sponsors is a dealer)
Rings
Acl bigend bearings
Ga airbox

More later :)