• Please only use these forums for blogs, they are not a discussion forum

Dattosan Machi Suzuki twincam 4wd project pg22

Sorry chaps.

Atm I can't get it through mot because 1 headlight won't work and it still doesn't run without stalling and cutting out.

Also I have lost a little interest in it because my missus won't go in it because its "too scary, too bumpy and too noisy" so atm iam driving her mx5 again.

Iam in the process of doing 1 or 2 things though!!

I have all the bits too fab up the new inlet manifold which I will pretty much have finished tomorrow eveing.

And iam also in the process of collecting the bits I need to put it back onto injection. Iam having nistune installed and mapped on my driftcar next month (already booked in at protuner :D) and iam seriously considering getting the guy to fit nistune to the micra and then I can slap on a td04 and a bigger gearbox.

There is a major ignition problem that I can't diagnose and neither could the rolling road chaps.

I have tried to get another ma12 dizzy but no one has one for sale, I started a wanted a and got zero replies.

The last thing on my mind is getting the mot and then listing it on ebay, if I can get close to breaking even then I would sell it and move on to the next project. Best offer I have had so far is 500 which was slightly insulting lol :D

Come on chaps help me get some enthusiasm back for this else it'll end up like my swift engined mini :(

Daniel

I WILL be back...
Don't give up on getting her back on the road, you've got her this far! I haven't really been following this thread - I probably should have done, really good project and a good looking K10. Top notch matey :grinning:. Maybe go for soundproofing so it's not too noisy for the missus? :laugh: Good luck with any more work you have planned, and hope it gets through the MOT soon as well (Y)

Hi dan thanks for the comments and encouaragement!

I think I have made my decision to go for injection, I want it to be more economical and easier to drive. Its such a pita having to restart the car everytime I put the clutch in lol.

As for the missus moaning, ill just keep driving her mx5 until my micra is no longer too loud lol

I think injection + nistune + turbo is the way forward :)

Does anyone want my carb and dizzy setup?

gtsnissanb

Official MSC Trader
Hi dan thanks for the comments and encouaragement!

I think I have made my decision to go for injection, I want it to be more economical and easier to drive. Its such a pita having to restart the car everytime I put the clutch in lol.

As for the missus moaning, ill just keep driving her mx5 until my micra is no longer too loud lol

I think injection + nistune + turbo is the way forward :)

Does anyone want my carb and dizzy setup?

Sr20bud was after a dizzy for the cg he got off me in his k10

superls

K10 Tuner
yea someone was after the dizzy and bits, he asked me to make them but i never herd anything else from him, probably not worth your time emailing him, you probably wont hear anything back.

Edit, yea its SR20Bud just checked my pm's

Mine did that knackard coil

Reall? You had an ma10/ma12 with same missfire? And you cured it by changing the coil?

Did your stall at lights and randomly cut out?

I may try that on weekend and see if I can mot it before injection and turbo :)

Its gonna take me a week or two to fix up my driftcar for the road anyways

yea someone was after the dizzy and bits, he asked me to make them but i never herd anything else from him, probably not worth your time emailing him, you probably wont hear anything back.

Edit, yea its SR20Bud just checked my pm's

yeah it was me mate sorry i forgot to reply :doh: i was ment to say i managed to do the dizzy. ive found a piece of steel in the garage and ive done half the manifold but haven't had the time to finish it. i have got a problem with the rear mount i sold mine to porkpie accidently it was still attached to the box so now i dont know what to do. ive got it solid mounted at the min but i have nowhere for the stabilizer bar to mount to. will a k11 mount fit?

machi san, would sell the spacer and collar off the dizzy? if i cant get this mani finished for the bike carbs i might be interested in your carb set up.

gtsnissanb

Official MSC Trader
i think your missfire will disappear when you fit some kind of filters mate :wasntme:

My old k11 ran fine with no filter or air box! When I say mine I mean my hire car I had for a fortnight haha

Mine would cut out, idle horrible, if you press the pedal too much when setting off it would just die wouldn't start on cold/wet days or in the morning! So it was ok if you were only needing to go out on a hot afternoon lol
I changed everything and left the coil till last typically it was that! But yours sounds like it could just be the carb needs setting up a bit better when the engine is hot then I'm guessing? But it does sound similar to mine
Have you retained the choke? Maybe that's wedged open or something flooding it on tick over

Edit: after reading the things your tuner says there's quite a few things could be wrong
The air leak sounds an issue but then again it's not got a maf so i doubt the carbs will mind providing it's not some form of vac leak

gtsnissanb

Official MSC Trader
yes, an injected engine will run fine with no air filter, but carbs are fickle without one, i bet if kev tapes the bellmouths up with masking tape and pierces a hole about 2/3 as big, it runs 10 times better :)

Ah right yeah my brain doesn't work proper with this hybrid either it's a k10 or k11 or my brain crashes lol

yes, an injected engine will run fine with no air filter, but carbs are fickle without one, i bet if kev tapes the bellmouths up with masking tape and pierces a hole about 2/3 as big, it runs 10 times better :)

my old ae92 corolla ran like crap with no filter it ran great when i put a mushroom filter on it. defo worth a try.

I had massive trouble with my old bike with no filter, wouldn't rev past 9k and had no power. It did my head in for hours, but then refitted the filter and it was perfect. Worth a try for sure.

my old car was exactly the same ran lumpy and wouldnt able to drive without the filter!

but had to remove the airbox cover to set up the carb correctly! how stupid!

gtsnissanb

Official MSC Trader
my old car was exactly the same ran lumpy and wouldnt able to drive without the filter!

but had to remove the airbox cover to set up the carb correctly! how stupid!

I'd go and try it but I'm already below empty and have no money to put fuel in till tomorrow! Just ran out of bread and sugar! Need to walk to the shop or I can have a bru or toast before work :(

Ok thanks chaps I have got some bits on order to see what happens. Coil, rotor and cover should be here next week then ill see if it'll get through mot.

The mot said that he probably won't pass it because of the high idle, he reckons 1400rpm is eccessive but I have had mini with a racey cam which had to tick over at 1500rpm to stop it from stalling.

I think ultimately though iam gonna swap to injection :D

Just had another r32 4door skyline delivered lol so gonna struggle to fight temptation to get that on the road instead lol

i ####in love ur car mate, thats exactly how i want a k10 but grandad style in a ####e baige colour :laugh:

Haha thanks mate :thumbs:

You should easily be able achieve the look you desire. If you look at the first page you can see what it looked when I got it and just lowered it

Mine is a prefacelift with facelift bumpers ;)

Yes that's right, iam just lazy and haven't cracked on with it as yet.

Something that's holding me up though is lack of transportation. I broke the mx5 gearbox a couple weeks ago and I have been cycling my bmx to work. I moaned about the cost of driving the micra the 6 mile journey. Now I have to cycle on a kids bike, oh the irony lolz

Anyways my 200sx s13 driftcar will be road legal by 9am tomorrow and my priorities are as follows.

6 weeks mot left on driftcar, so in the next 6 weeks I need to:-

Fit the new mx5 gearbox and clutch
Collect parts for micra from a scrapyard somewhere
Advertise mx5 and sell it
Buy the missus a tidy k11 sr if I can find one cheapish (800 budget)
Try and get driftcar through mot
Put injection on k10
Try and mot k10

I defo need it on the road, iam desperate to get off of the bmx and can't justify my driftcar (18-23mpg) for too long

Watch this gap

Guy

Has gone over to the oily side...
Club Member
Any chance of a pic of your drift car Kev? I LOVE drift cars (Y). Check thisout for a drooler and a half!

P7102701.png

gtsnissanb

Official MSC Trader
Any chance of a pic of your drift car Kev? I LOVE drift cars (Y). Check thisout for a drooler and a half!

P7102701.png

I had a black one :( I love fd's! Sold it for my rx8 needed a more reliable daily! Plus I already have an s14 drift car ;)

On topic what you looking for the mx5 my missus wants one and it'll save her killing the Rex!!

Daniel

I WILL be back...

P7102701.png

I love this, seen it doing the rounds (Y). Liking the backwards vinyl as well, I've seen that on a Silvia - on one half of the car, all the vinyls and decals were the correct way round. On the other, an exact mirror image, including on the bonnet, roof, and tailgate. Must have cost quite a fair bit :grinning:

Here you go mate, not anything special tbh. It looks a little different now, but this is the most recent pic. As soon as it stops raining I will be painting the front end to match the rest of the car.

I have a 4dr r32 for next year

Ill ask the missus about the mx5, personally I want her to keep it, but she wants a more dog friendly car. She hates the micra, but iam trying to convince her to use the mx5 as her posh car and the micra as a dog friendly car. Ill let you know chap.

Cheers

No spin, my car is impossible to spin :)

Someone make me an offer for the webers please. i need to free up some cash for not ect

I payer over 200 for them, ill throw in the dizzy and adaptors as i won't need it.

Help me get this back on road by buying the carbs

The best offer so far is £50 + a little for postage. i thought these carb setups were sought after :?

Is there any interest in my entire engine setup?

I need to sell stuff so that I can afford to put cheaper engine and mot on it. Got Kent came and hi comp pistons as well cclclecleacleclean preface liftlift bonnet and driverside wing if anyone had anything for sale.

gtsnissanb

Official MSC Trader
I've got a ma12 here I started to strip but haven't had time to rebuild, it just needs headgasket, cambelt, waterpump and if you wanted to be pikey about it just a headgasket and reuse the old bits, I only stripped it as I was going to turbo is and fit twin head gaskets

are you going back to an MA kev? if so id be interested in the mounts as the ones ive made are crap.

I've got a ma12 here I started to strip but haven't had time to rebuild, it just needs headgasket, cambelt, waterpump and if you wanted to be pikey about it just a headgasket and reuse the old bits, I only stripped it as I was going to turbo is and fit twin head gaskets

Thanks for the offers chaps, here is my plan.

There is a complete cg13 sat at my local breakers. He wants 100 for it all, that's ecu, loom, engine ect and I can rob anything else that I need.

Only problem I have is getting the cash. Iam thinking that the only way to recoop some money from carbs and dizzy is to sell them on a complete engine. then I could bolt in a fully stock unmolested engine and potentially have less problems

give me your opinions please