• Please only use these forums for blogs, they are not a discussion forum

Dattosan Machi Suzuki twincam 4wd project pg22

I decided not to do it that way because i didnt want to compromise strength. Also it will alter the camber and kpi slightly because the hole hasnt been elongated straight up :(

My way of modding the knuckles isnt ideal but i have ran cut and shut knuckles on my drift car (which i have crshed a couple times) and its been spot on :)

Iam not sure if there will be enough weight or force to break the above coilies. I would imagine the friction between the coilover and knuckle will be enough to stop it ripping through. Providing it never comes loose :)

bandies
81eaaf3f.jpg

wish i got them made 1/2-1inch wider though. now just need some tyres :)

how wide are they now and how much did they cost to band :cool:

Looking sweet! :D Ive just recently dropped the back end of mine on standard shocks and cut down 500lbs coilover springs. Does the job but I need some proper suspension. If my bike sells, ill get some polo ones :D

Loving the steelies too!

they,re some nice welds eh :cool: you,ll have some fun inflating the tyres tho :eek: (there,s a set of k11,s and a set of k10,s ?)

Looking sweet! :D Ive just recently dropped the back end of mine on standard shocks and cut down 500lbs coilover springs. Does the job but I need some proper suspension. If my bike sells, ill get some polo ones :D

Loving the steelies too!

Cheers dude :)

I reckon polo ones will be almost perfect, the bracket on the rear axle is marginally too narrow and the top mounts will need drilling from 10mm to 14mm and then its just the 12mm misalignment of the bolt holes, where the coilover bolts too the hub/knuckle.

Let me know if you need any help mate :)

they,re some nice welds eh :cool: you,ll have some fun inflating the tyres tho :eek: (there,s a set of k11,s and a set of k10,s ?)

Nah frank i got a set of k10 facelift wheels done and the others were 15inch astra steels for my missus car
768c0e9b.jpg

:D

and yes they did a lovelly job of the welding. iam looking to get some more done soon for some other of my cars.

cheers

o, forgot to ask, but why swap over to the k11 axle? A panard rod makes it a pain in the ass to lower and you will always have axle sideways movement with suspension movement.

o, forgot to ask, but why swap over to the k11 axle? A panard rod makes it a pain in the ass to lower and you will always have axle sideways movement with suspension movement.

For a few reasons :)

The axle will be far better located and less likely to move about side to side

Side to side movement from the panard rod will be minimal providing its setup relative to the ride height i want to run.

Also i can make the rod adjustable.

I can also adjust the roll centre height easily by altering the panard rod mounting points. Which can dramitacally alter the balance of the car.

I may not bother because its alot of mucking about for a small gain in handling.

For a few reasons :)

The axle will be far better located and less likely to move about side to side

Side to side movement from the panard rod will be minimal providing its setup relative to the ride height i want to run.

Also i can make the rod adjustable.

I can also adjust the roll centre height easily by altering the panard rod mounting points. Which can dramitacally alter the balance of the car.

I may not bother because its alot of mucking about for a small gain in handling.

I havnt noticed any side to side movement on mine and the tyres are bloody close to the arches :p But if you was going down that route, i would swap the panard rod for a watts linkage. I wish i did this with my viva ha. But I dont know how hard it would be to do on a dead axle.

Yep wrong car lol but needed to be sure they are ok :)

The wheels were banded by jamesp off of retro rides, he is in staines.

Lower arms and track rod ends are on order, should be here soon. Once they arrive i can fit the front coilies and k11 hubs and brakes. Although i could do with some braided brake lines first, so a trip to hel maybe in order.

Gonna stick with the bike carbs i think for ease of fitment and fuel system wont need upgrading to high pressure lines ect.

Iam going to the local scrappy later this week to get a facelift front and rear bumper with support bars, facelift wings and also gonna cut the front slam, crossmember and inner wings out in one hit. My mate has offered to help and he has done alot of these style repairs in the past. So hopefully in a couple weeks this will be back on its wheels and driveable.

Once iam at that stage i will crack on and fit the cg13 :)

Cheers
Kev

Went and got a front end.

49627bce.jpg

09610792.jpg

5eefca76.jpg

5e4c0000.jpg

c4a4cef7.jpg

a0002e39.jpg

Also got a clutch and a brand new headlight :)

Just need someone to weld the new front on and then ill fit the engine :)

Sorry for going off of the radar. Been very busy with drifting. Ended up qualifing for the uk open drift championship finals at mallory park.

Big update coming very soon

2011-01-15%2016.06.23.jpg

Ill reply to pms this afternoon :)

Yes mate, I have fitted the k11 front lower arms and they fitted to the car with no mods. The p bush is bigger but I think I still used the same clamps. I fitted the k11 front hubs and brakes at the same time :)

I think the balljoint taper is different but superls said he just put a washer on to make sure it was all tight.

The conversion was really straightforward. I used k11 hub/knuckles, track rod ends, brakes and lower arms. Its all fitted straight up nicely.

All I need to do to finish the conversion is bleed the brakes and bolt check everything

is there any chance you could make up some copies of the mounts cause i'm looking to do the conversion in the future also did you use k11 drive shafts?

Sorry dude, didn't realise you meant the engine conversion.

The engine and box are bolted together and all the engine mounts are bolted on ready. All I have to do is bolt the lot in and make and inlet and exhaust manifold.

Its got a k10 dizzy conversion on it so carbs is all that's holding me back :)

The engine conversion consists of:

Cg13de engine
Cg10 flywheel, Gearbox and clutch
Superls mounts
Superls modded ma10 dizzy

Should be fitting the engine next weekend :)

Tbh i would rather have injection now but I bought the engine cheap and it was completely bare of dizzy, loom, ecu and some sensors. So I decided to just go the easy way for now.

I will try my best to replicate the mounts. Best way would be to make a little jig for the job. But its not worth making a jig unless I make a few sets of mounts ;)

I need to make a decision on what iam using for carburation!!

Do I get some cbr600 carbs off of ebay and make them fit and worry about tuning later down the road

Or

Make an adaptor plate up and mount something like an xr2 weber inplace of the throttle body.

Need to make my choice asap :nod:

I think the cbr600 carbs are the way forward :) need to find out what people have done with the jets ect to get the fueling right. No one in devon tunes bike carbs on car engine as far as I have been able to find :(

The sticker bombed wing is due to not being able to paint anything at the moment, hopefully ill be able to paint in one day to make it llok tidy.

Also the bonnet is badly dented and bent from the bump so its being bare metalled and rusted, just so it hides the bad bits.

Iam trying to make it look like I have made it look bad on purpose. Because I hate the 'i crashed it, fixed it with white panels but haven't painted it' look

Can't decide whether to paint the wheels standard allly silver with micra centre trims or paint them dark grey or black. Or rusty to match the bonnet.

Can't wait to drive this again, its been along time and I miss it

2011-01-28%2015.30.49.jpg

2011-01-28%2015.31.23.jpg

2011-01-28%2015.30.57.jpg

Solved the length issue on the rear shocks.

Now have mx5 mk1 rear bilstein shocks and coilover springs that match the front springs.

I cut the mounts off of an xr2I rear axle and welded the mounts to the rear of the micra axle. I just nead to make some gusset plates and tidy the welds up then paint. I also need to get camber on the rear wheels because the tyres are outside the arch and I want to go lower on the back.

The front needs spacers for desired fitment.

Bonnet will go rusty eventually, just have to keep throwing water, salt and wee on it lol

All that needs doing now for the road.

Is finish rear axle
Fit rad hoses
Fit new battery
Bleed brakes
Bolt check front end
Pump up tyres
Remove front helper springs
Find a driver side sidelight

looking good matey as for the cbr600. im using them on my ma10 engine and the standard jet size was fine. But I do suggest not to get cbr600 ones. They need very very low fuel pressure and are a pain to get right.

nice work matey.

re bike carbs, i ran cbr600 carbs on my ma12 for ages, went like stink and i never had to change the jets, ideally they would have been better jetted differently but ran well stock.

^^^ ryan is right about the low fuel pressure, but a dead simple way around this is to get a fpr, as you will be using a electric pump anyway. you can get around the feul pressure on an ma engine by opening up the hole slightly in the return pipe of the pump, that will lower the pressure.

cbr600 are gravity fed so no fuel pump. To get around the pressure problem i used a filter king carb regulator, but it has to be set on the very lowest setting.

filter_king_nogauge.jpg

Thanks for all the tips :thumbs:

I have an fse adjustable regulator on its way. Should go from 1psi upto5psi I believe. And iam using a facet red top pump.

The engine is ready to go in apart from carburation and exhaust manifold.

Scott you have a pm regarding carb and flanges.

I got it started yesterday, first time in months, filled the garage with smoke haha.

More updates very soon :D

i got round my pressure problem with my twin webers on my cg engine by making my own adjustable fuel pressure regulator, it even had a gauge lol

Pm replied to

on our karts we use a simple pulsepump piped to the inlet mani, and a return pipe with just a mainjet shoved inside for a restrictor, so that any excess pressure is bled off

Attachments

• 0000-Mikuni-Pulse-Fuel-Pump---.jpg
    0000-Mikuni-Pulse-Fuel-Pump---.jpg
    54.2 KB · Views: 911
The fse reg was 24 delivered off of ebay. Iam sure it'll be fine :)

What webers are you using. I considered a weber instead of cbr600 carbs??

36dcnf are the ones you should watch out for.
There exists a kit produced in Germany, pretty rare. I own one. It is really fun

Ill do some research but ill probably stick with the redtop pump and the cbr carbs :)

2011-02-01%2017.15.28.jpg

2011-02-01%2017.15.34.jpg

2011-02-01%2017.15.06.jpg

2011-02-01%2017.14.28.jpg

Hopefully some better pics tonight :)

Oh yeah its drivable again by the way :D

Just some electrical issues to fix, ill start a thread in the tech section for that, some wires have been cut and my headlight relay is playing up and clicking a lot :(

The fse reg was 24 delivered off of ebay. Iam sure it'll be fine :)

What webers are you using. I considered a weber instead of cbr600 carbs??

i was using a pair of weber 36DCNF's, on my cg engined k10, automatic choke, the biz, on a beautiful custom aluminium manifold that fits a cg engine. as it happens there for sale lol

i was using a pair of weber 36DCNF's, on my cg engined k10, automatic choke, the biz, on a beautiful custom aluminium manifold that fits a cg engine. as it happens there for sale lol

Ill buy them then yeah :D

I should have some cash in the next day or so if you want to drop me a price via pm.

Cheers mate
Kev

Were do you all get always the stickers?
I am searching for such stickers, I would even import them from UK :D

I like the one on your hood soo much

Back