• Please only use these forums for blogs, they are not a discussion forum

Dattosan Machi Suzuki twincam 4wd project pg22

thanks for the reply and chopped springs are awsome :D but you need to loose some more:

4cc11893.jpg

Thats how big mine are lol 3.5 coils :p Though Im gonna get them golf coilovers as it scrubs like a ##### in the back with the wellers on and a bit of weight in the back.

Ah cool, i need to remove some more coils dont i :)

do your shocks make horrid bangs over every little bump.

ill let you know how the golf coilovers work out, hopefully they will go low enough.

I cut my springs without removing the shocks from the car lol, it was scary but iam lazy hehe

RTLkyuubi

Ex. Club Member
it makes horrible bangs over potholes because its sat on the front bumpstops! lol But by the sounds of it, youve taken too much bumpstop out and now the shocker is bottoming out. Did you have chance to measure the back coilovers for matching up to the k10 aswell?

Nah mate didnt have the chance but i thought i would go for it because o few people have said that they fit and iam sure i can adapt it too work.

My front shocks dont appear to have any bump stops :(

Wont be long until iam running coilies though :)

cheers

Jdm garage drift button, fly off handbrake mod :D

4148ebf2.jpg

Heres the seat, pretty damn shoddy but it gets me slightly lower and held slightly better, and it doenst look very altered.
546d2d93.jpg

b5d75989.jpg

I removed all the springs ect and welded in a piece of tin to sit on lol

I will change these for some cobra classic when i find another one, i flattened one out when i rolled my mini years ago.

Kev

good work mate, i did almost exactly the same with the front arb, you had any trouble with it hitting anything?

Well yes and no :)

The exhaust vibrates against it when on the power and the arb hits the road in certain situations, genrally its fine though. Doesnt collide with any of the chassis or body. I highly recomend fitting arbs as a first mod.

Got more stuff done and collected over the weekend.

I got k11 front lower arms, track rod ends, hubs, brakes ect. Will get some braided flexies and get it all fitted asap.

Also took delivery of some mk2 golf coilovers. For the rears too fit i need to make the bottom bracket on the axle bigger. The k10 shock bush is 32mm wide and the golf is 50mm wide. Top mount is the same, length is an unkn.own atm.

For the front i need to slot a hole out, make 4x3mm shims, also need some sort of top mount. I may try and drill out the k10 top mount but i doubt itll work.

I made an upper brace for the rear, pics once painted.

Removed the rest of the carpet.

Ill get pics up in the next day or so :)

Well it turns out that mk2 golf rear coilies are a pretty bad fit on a k10 micra.

They shock b odies are just too long by about 4 inches, i can make them fit but it isnt ideal at all. I have one on at the mo and damping is massively better its just a shame the shock is leterally about 30-40mm from the ground :( looks like i need to raise the suspension about an inch or two

Nevermind, at least its an improvement and iam sure the fron.ts will fit better :)

I may have to call it a day and scrap this car :( i have been looking for the parts I need to repair it since friday.

I need driverside headlight, indicator, sidelight, wing and also bumper, bumper bar and bonnet.

Well that and just spending out on golf coilovers that cant be made to fit without MAJOR mods, has pretty much killed my enthusiasm :(

kev

I may have to call it a day and scrap this car :( i have been looking for the parts I need to repair it since friday.

I need driverside headlight, indicator, sidelight, wing and also bumper, bumper bar and bonnet.

Well that and just spending out on golf coilovers that cant be made to fit without MAJOR mods, has pretty much killed my enthusiasm :(

kev

kamisama

Ex. Club Member
keep the faith my friend, it will come good in the end trust me. My micras improved leaps and bounds since i first bought it and i must admit its worth every penny when i see reaction on peoples faces 'thats something different' look lol.

If i was you id just run chopped springs, make sure there secure for mot, save a little for the bits it'll be worth the wait as its a cool project in the making and think of the looks it'll get when its on the road :grinning:

B14KLR

Ex. Club Member
dont give it up dude!!it was this actual car which inspired me to get a rat!!i bought a new k11 as my next project today!this car is just so effortlessly cool and when im done making my pretty and fast micras i want a k10 which is just effortlessly cool like this!

Thanks for the comments guys, i think as i have spent some money and have 11months mot ect i really should try my best to sort this one out :)

I have a corsa that i can drive until its fixed. I have a few plans so watch this space, iam going to get some pics tonight and think about some ideas. Basically iam thinking that if its off the road i can carry out more mods :)

Also i think i can save the front end, it may look a bit battered but i reckon i can make it suit the car + iam a drifter so iam used to having smashed bodywork :)

Thanks mateys :thumbs:

Ps ideas in my head involve a megasquirt i have, cg13de i have, tdo4l wrx turbos x 3 that i have, chargecooler that i have ect ect ill probably stay na though for the sake of the poor 1000cc 16v box :)

Here is my drift car :) excuse the rear arches they were just temporary measure lol

606ef1ae.jpg

6f7f5ac0.jpg

25ac19ba.jpg

380a7e6f.jpg

817f26c8.jpg

Its has 300hp skyline engine which ill be tuning up soon, i hope to revamp the whole car in the next couple months, thats why iam annoyed because the micra is my daily driver grrrr

Nevermind itll be a fun daily once its fixed.

That car is sweet if only i could afford to buy one n run it :( is it an s13? n is it the rb26 or rb25 engine? not that it matters cos its just seriously cool :) I ave almost lost patience with my k10 but i made a list n now im getting back to it. the biggest set back was when a lorry decided 2 re model my n/s/f corner :p its ok now though ;)

kamisama

Ex. Club Member
correct me if im wrong but isnt that a sil-eighty? how can u lose inspiration? If your bored work on the s13 when you tire of that work on the micra or if you become really bored buy a redtop for the corsa lol either way cool projects and an additional blog shud be made for the s13:grinning: I really want another done but need to get my k11 done first

B14KLR

Ex. Club Member
i'd love a toy like that..how much does it cost to get a nissan like that and set it up for drifting??or are they pretty capable as standard?

kamisama

Ex. Club Member
i'd love a toy like that..how much does it cost to get a nissan like that and set it up for drifting??or are they pretty capable as standard?

They are more than capable as standard but with the right mods like wheels suspension and power upgrades are tremendous fun on private industrial estates late at night lol Mine cost around £4000 including buying it, cheap wheels, decent suspension and bigger turbo saab fmic, and chip etc. Lifes been made alot easier now thanks to driftworks and sxoc :grinning:

B14KLR

Ex. Club Member
sounds good! maybe when i outgrow the micras i can step up to the big boys table!i just wish they made preludes rwd, but i suppose if they did they's be at least double the price!

RTLkyuubi

Ex. Club Member
haha thats a pretty sweet weekend car Kev! Though I dont know about the rear arches :wow: :laugh:

Shame about the prang you had in it, just get the hammer and zipties out :D

That car is sweet if only i could afford to buy one n run it :( is it an s13? n is it the rb26 or rb25 engine? not that it matters cos its just seriously cool :) I ave almost lost patience with my k10 but i made a list n now im getting back to it. the biggest set back was when a lorry decided 2 re model my n/s/f corner :p its ok now though ;)

Yes matey its an s13 with an rb25 slighty tuned to 290hp but it needs a remap badly. Iam rebuilding this car atm because its tired in places. Will be more power and better allround when its done.

Cheers

correct me if im wrong but isnt that a sil-eighty? how can u lose inspiration? If your bored work on the s13 when you tire of that work on the micra or if you become really bored buy a redtop for the corsa lol either way cool projects and an additional blog shud be made for the s13:grinning: I really want another done but need to get my k11 done first

Yes mate its a sileighty with a supermade instant gentleman kit. I have plenty of inspiration just need time and money :( lol

They are more than capable as standard but with the right mods like wheels suspension and power upgrades are tremendous fun on private industrial estates late at night lol Mine cost around £4000 including buying it, cheap wheels, decent suspension and bigger turbo saab fmic, and chip etc. Lifes been made alot easier now thanks to driftworks and sxoc :grinning:

Yes they are more than capable as standard but drifting is pretty abusive and stuff breaks now and again.

All you really need is a welded diff, some coilovers, bucket seat and lots of practice.

my car cost about 8000 but it could be used in competition with slightly more power :D

haha thats a pretty sweet weekend car Kev! Though I dont know about the rear arches :wow: :laugh:

Shame about the prang you had in it, just get the hammer and zipties out :D

Cheers dude :D yes the rear arches are abit lame, luckily i have overfenders to go on. these were just for the mot and only cost 30squids :)

ill be back on the k10 soon :)

Nearly got the front coilovers fitted. I just need to mod the knuckles so the bolts line up nd i also need to make some kind of topmounts. Ill try and use the original ones first.

f6db6215.jpg

d1ceb784.jpg

09daff2f.jpg

This is sat on the stopper/driveshaft so is plenty low enough on the front, will need to turret the rear struts to get them to fit ok :nod:

My mate has said he knows of a k10 f reg for 100quid so hopefully its prefacelift and ill be sorted :)

Also picking up the cg13 on sunday and also a k11 rear beam axle with panard rod ect

Will be going to get the banded steels on saturday with anyluck.

Oh and iam really considering putting the full injection stuff into the car now thats its off of the road for a bit. I was wondering whether the plastic k11 tank fits with all the pump and injection gubbins. Hmm something to think about.

A couple more pics of my drifter.

Iam about to build another one thats very basic for practice days whilst i overhaul the main drift car, ill put up a blog for peeps to follow so they can see how cheaply it can be done :)

680aecfd.jpg

8029e0bc.jpg

56f4f6be.jpg

98fa4158.jpg

2aa1041c.jpg

688e5db8.jpg

Ill dig out some more pics and some vids :)

Nearly got the front coilovers fitted. I just need to mod the knuckles so the bolts line up nd i also need to make some kind of topmounts. Ill try and use the original ones first.

f6db6215.jpg

d1ceb784.jpg

09daff2f.jpg

This is sat on the stopper/driveshaft so is plenty low enough on the front, will need to turret the rear struts to get them to fit ok :nod:

SUCCESS :) i took off the front topmounts and managed to drill them from 10mmOD to 14mmOD :)

which means the coilies are now pretty much fitted on the front. just one bolt hole each side to sort.

Pretty pleased with it tbh full bump is retard low though :D

r-reg-sr

-------
Site Supporter
GTA
you cant lose with ak10 the weight is right
the color keeps growing on me and the stuff k10 crew are doing to the cars has got me glued

GTA :D

and yes k10 ftw :)

And yes they are mk2 golf coilovers that cost me 162 delivered from belgium off of ebay.
Although the rears are a bit too long by about 3 inches :(

And i got more done to the topmounts, i had to machine a spigot thing on the top spring seat so that the nylon washer fits and it all assembles nicely now.

05a0c1d9.jpg

a6d0c027.jpg

c6d50206.jpg

78175e6c.jpg

78175e6c.jpg

I cant decide whether to mod the car or get different rear coilies, i have the materials too turret the rear :)

markbognor

Ex. Club Member
Club Member
Nice work. I think if I was in a position to be doing it I'd try to source some shorter coilies for the rear, but as you say you have the materials to turret the rear, if that goes hand in hand with the time, then why not, you get to build it to spec rather than just getting something to fit.

I was looking at Polo 6N coilover sets the other day, wondering if sizewise thay would be better suited. Unfortunately I couldn't get anyone on club polo to actually measure anything.

Nice work. I think if I was in a position to be doing it I'd try to source some shorter coilies for the rear, but as you say you have the materials to turret the rear, if that goes hand in hand with the time, then why not, you get to build it to spec rather than just getting something to fit.

I was looking at Polo 6N coilover sets the other day, wondering if sizewise thay would be better suited. Unfortunately I couldn't get anyone on club polo to actually measure anything.

Funny you say that mate. Someone posted this on my sxoc thread.

i wish i had seen this sooner...

If you bought mk4/5 (6n/ 6n2) coilies you could lower the car another 40-50mm at the front or upto 100mm at the back

So on a mk2 golf platform your looking at lowering the car upto 170mm up front and 220mm at the back.

See if you can send them back for polo ones as it will..

a) make you lower
b) give you more suspension travel
c) make you silly silly low on that wee micra!!!

i fitted mk5 polo gti coilies to my mk2 jetta synchro a good few year ago. fronts were down 80mm and the backs were down 50mm and it was slammed!!!

2ndjet122.jpg

2ndjet11.jpg

2ndjet10.jpg

please excuse crappy pictures lol

Maybe worth a better look

Hubs almost finished.

bee81d8c.jpg

a50f6e2e.jpg

5953f9e3.jpg

All thats left is too make the steering arm shorter for quicker steering and too investigate whether i can flip the arm over so that the track rod end bolts in from the bottom rather than the top. This will help to correct the poor geometry of the seriously lowered front end which will help reduce any bump steer. I need to take some measurments to make sure it isnt too extreme.

I allso need to get new track rod ends and lca's. Will probably fit braided lines as well as new pads and discs whilst iam at it.