Dashboard Wiring loom fire

Hello guys I had a very big problem with my Micra recently the wiring loom under the dash caught fire unexpectedly. Thankfully It stopped as I switched the engine of but wires were burnt so I went to change the whole wiring loom with another one (400€ ouch!). Today I got my car back from the repair shop but i cant seem to reach same speeds as before im pushing the throttle all the way down but my car doesnt want to rev from 35000-4000 rpm and onward I think the repair shop had something messed up with the wiring any ideas what this could be? Air flow sensor, throttle sensor, brake sensor maybe? Thank you Im trying to figure out as I dont have any money left since this repair cost so much and it actually ruined my car :(

Hi Drake92,

Try get a diagnostic scan on it could be maf sensor air fuel mix not rich enough. Or other sensors, if you have warranty bring it back I know I would after spending 400 . You could try taking of pinnacle and looking at the connections making sure there tight no shorts.

I sorted it out it was the braking sensor that melted and wired ,so ecu recognised that I was pushing the gas pedal and the brake pedal simultaneously thats why car wouldn't rev past 4000rpm. And yes the mechanic did the job for free this time.

Back