dashboard removal

Belly93 said:
As above is this easy? And us it legal to drive with no dash in?

No I think so. I was going to do it but I can't cos there are a lot of polices in my area. If you want strip your car then that is fine. Not without dial and dashboard cos it might be H&S reason. It's too risky for polices as well.

Edit: yea it's easy to remove. For your first time, it will take time for you. Good luck :)

Belly93 said:
Its only to paint so not staying out and thanks for the advice :)

I tho u was going to drive without dashboard. Cool that will be fine. I want to do mine in soon. satin black will be very nice :)

Your choice and good luck for your painting. Upload a pic when u done :)

temporary-83.jpg

temporary-85.jpg

broke it :(

Whats the best Paint to use for the dash? i want to spray a few things E.g the centre console, vents etc.. but am usure the best paint and how easy is it? :)

Not bad to remove i had mine out in about an hour in the dark :) and i found painting hard as i did it in the small space you can see in the pic as for paint i usually use halfords stuff but the black was poundland stuff nd wasnt the best

so two screws at top? how many at bottom?

gonna spray mine matt black or something as id hate the reflection of the dash on the windscreen

2 under caps near windscreen 1 either side if you open door end of dash, take centre console and glove box out screws behind there and a couple along the bottom iirc mate

i drove with no dashboard for about 6 months. spoke to police a couple of times (about to go home from the pub on friday night after a pint!........). they were interested in it, asking if i took it on track etc.

they said because i've not actually changed parts its not an issue, but if i'd put a carbon one in or something they'd want to see it on the insurance doc.
no standard parts changed = no police trouble, at least, around my end. police must be nice here eh?!

Back