• Please only use these forums for blogs, they are not a discussion forum

Daniels micra blog

So I've been on here for a wee while now and never properly introduced myself or my micra, so this will infact do that also shop people what I've done so far, what's next and if I'm honest act like a diary so I don't forget what I've actually done.

I bought the micra back in August 2015, one lady owner with 60,000 miles and not a speck of rust (that I could see) I got it for £200 and got my dad to drive it back to Edinburgh (where I live) as I did not have my license yet, whilst doing lessons and generally leading to drive I didn't do any changes to the car until Christmas time where I made the trip to the north of Scotland to get a 1.4 activ that had failed it's mot to use as a donor car, it had electric Windows, central locking, a nicer interior and the 1.4 I had been after,
image.jpeg
(best photo I have of the donor car)
Firstly I stripped the interior from my car, aswell as the wiring loom and ecu, and replaced it with the 1.4 loom and interior,
image.jpeg
so that sorted all the electric Windows and central locking. Next was a parcel shelf with the factory speakers as I wanted to keep it oem as possible, good old davey sorted me out with the perfect rarer colour I was after, plug and play sorted, some quality sound, next was clocks with Rev bit trip to scrappies and plug and done. It was at this point I noticed the engine fault light was missing out my original clock as instantly it appeared, that would explain why it has always ran ****!!
After eventually blowing the engine basically and the gear box it was time to strip the donor car of the 1.4 engine, once out I cleaned it up with some acid and swapped it in for my 1.0.
image.jpeg
What a difference, definition of sleeper, surprised a lot of cars as I zip past them at ease haha.

Now I was after some more interior parts, in particular the sought after tweeter pillers, luckily enough a scrappy about 40 minutes from me had a micra that had them, a steal at £5 but unfortunately not my colour of interior so sprayed em black, hardly noticeable may I add, the car I took these of was also my colour! So took some electric colour coded wing mirrors aswell as the control mechanism for them, fitted them the next day although yet to power them up( never got round to it)

After finally just enjoying the micra a little to much the back axle snapped as I stupidly done a hand brake turn in a field, luckily someone was filming so have some awesome snap shots
image.png
also funnily enough I never got round to scrapping the donor car so used the back axle of that, it took me ages to get it off the car as every bolt was rusty, but it's done. Whilst I was at it I chopped 2 coils of the Springs, and waiting on some corsa b shock absorbers to arrive to Finnish it of for the time being. I don't feel it's too low atm
image.jpeg
the front will be getting lowered using Daewoo matiz front struts etc, when I'm back my holiday (magaluf on Sunday for two weeks) I also removed the rear wiper that will be getting smoothed on my return aswell as removing the key hole setting up a button to open it and Doing a k10 nipple conversion on the back with square plates, and replace the micra badge with a fake March one.

to do list:

smooth boot with Jdm conversion.
Make 8j steelies and fit them under the rolled arches.(not 100%)
Finally wire up the electric mirrors.
Fit either an almera air box or aftermarket induction kit.
A new manifold as standard one is restrictive AF!
De bump strip everything.
Fit new bumpers.(and splitter)
Get my hands on a wrap round spoiler!!!!
Fit a straight through exhaust and new back box, not too loud.
Eagle eye rear lights.
Sort the sills out (small amount of rust starting)
Colour code most parts including grille.
And maybe just maybe wrap the car a different colour??

The list goes on!!!

I'm sure ive missed stuff but I intended on keeping this going, and will add over the weeks to come

OP
OP
DannyG
After being of the road for a week doin back axle I got it shampood and waxed before taking it a coastal drive, I'm not much of a photographer this is all I got, looking clean
image.jpeg

OP
OP
DannyG
The wing must have been replaced at some point(not by me) as the colour is slightly different, highlighted in this photo.
The sills are all like this, it's the anti rust paint stuff, most cars have it again this photo really highlights it ahahah
Is it just me or does that wing look like it was replaced? Slightly different colour, especially at the sill?

Your car will have the sill stuff
Yeah, I have that. But it's really wearing away in some points. It's on my list to coat over with some black paint. My friend actually covered the entire sill undersides with this rubbery black paint that protects against stones and stuff, a must for K11s at this age I think.

OP
OP
DannyG
Yeah, I have that. But it's really wearing away in some points. It's on my list to coat over with some black paint. My friend actually covered the entire sill undersides with this rubbery black paint that protects against stones and stuff, a must for K11s at this age I think.
Tbh this car won't be here long the rust is starting to kill it in places where it's better to just replace the car, so in a few months I'm looking at getting a clean preface, totally stripping it out and coating the inside with sealant, before putting in facelift interior, and my 1.4 harness ecu and engine. But I have to say I have started to love this colour so I may even spray the new car this colour before any work begins, but we will have to wait and see

Tbh this car won't be here long the rust is starting to kill it in places where it's better to just replace the car, so in a few months I'm looking at getting a clean preface, totally stripping it out and coating the inside with sealant, before putting in facelift interior, and my 1.4 harness ecu and engine. But I have to say I have started to love this colour so I may even spray the new car this colour before any work begins, but we will have to wait and see

Hahah, yes, I too am becoming fond of this colour. At first I thought it was a little bit of an eyesore but it's really grown on me.
By the way, on all paperwork for mine (and someone else's with the same colour Micra I know) it says it's "grey", I guess you have the same?
I refer to it as the "Nissan Grey" :D

OP
OP
DannyG
Hahah, yes, I too am becoming fond of this colour. At first I thought it was a little bit of an eyesore but it's really grown on me.
By the way, on all paperwork for mine (and someone else's with the same colour Micra I know) it says it's "grey", I guess you have the same?
I refer to it as the "Nissan Grey" :D
Yeah when I bought it it was advertised as grey and presumed the guy was colour blind until I saw the logbook and some abit of research online, bizzare gahaha, believe it or not I call it Nissan grey aswell as no one else would call it grey other than Nissan

OP
OP
DannyG
So don't really use this anymore as I'm constantly on the Facebook page, but a few things have changed I now have sr clocks in and have my old ones for sale if you need them, I've also fitted a preface back bumper and am about to spray the front bumper black for the time being, will be going preface front end very soon

So don't really use this anymore as I'm constantly on the Facebook page, but a few things have changed I now have sr clocks in and have my old ones for sale if you need them, I've also fitted a preface back bumper and am about to spray the front bumper black for the time being, will be going preface front end very soon

Were the old clocks with a rev counter? If so could I see a picture?
Also what are the SR clocks like?

OP
OP
DannyG
Yeah rev counter ones just black
The sr ones are pretty much the same except they are like almost the colour of our car, no where near exact but looks good, I loved the black ones only got sr ones because my interior has a lot of the colour of our car in it so it made more sense
Were the old clocks with a rev counter? If so could I see a picture?
Also what are the SR clocks like?

John_D

Club Member
Radio Code Guru
Interesting transformation, love the deep dish wheels, what are they? Out of interest, when are you going to let DVLA know about the engine change? They still think it's a 998..........