DAB radio installation.

Hi all.

looking at the possibility of installing DAB in the Micra. As far as I know it has the standard Micra aerial. would it be possible to just fit a DAB or would I need a new aerial too?

My Micra is a 2002 K11.

Thanks in advance.

Hi all.

looking at the possibility of installing DAB in the Micra. As far as I know it has the standard Micra aerial. would it be possible to just fit a DAB or would I need a new aerial too?

My Micra is a 2002 K11.

Thanks in advance.

You'd need a screen mount aerial. I did this last Summer with a Kenwood unit. Is an easy fit and almost all units come with a DAB aerial and a mic for your mobile.

I've just bought a DAB stereo. I've put it in my face-lift k11, rather than mess about with fitting a new aerial I bought a splitter to use same areal, £9.99 on amazon. It pics up a lot of radio stations without having to change or wire a new aerial.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20221031_103800.jpg
    Screenshot_20221031_103800.jpg
    493.1 KB · Views: 65
Hi Earnestnine. The splitter never worked correctly, i have returned to amazon.
I bought the magnetic mount with 5m cable aerial from Halfords (£9.99) and I am getting ok results with that. Its not great reception around west yorkshire and planet rock / absolute rock drop out all the time, but its better than using the splitter.
I am still looking for a better aerial with good signal reception, all suggestions are welcome.
20230207_100526.jpg

Last edited: