D16 honda lump in a k11??

hi all i am looking for a project and am looking to put a D16 vtec from a civic into a k11 micra as i have seen a few on youtube and look good fun :) just made a thread to see if anyone else has done this or knows of the difficulty? will post pics and keep everyone updated when i start (looking to be early january) :)
cheers ashley
p.s sorry if the threads in the wrong place first forum ive signed up to :)

h701micra

Deactivated Account
I'd say it would still be relatively simple. Still a case of mounts and driveshafts.
You would however sacrifice power steering unless you can fit long enough pipes to come from the pump to rack.
Linkage would be ok too as they all go to the central tunnel
Other than that I'd say it would be as easy as a ga16 or sr20 :)

As said above..main things are the mounts and shafts,if you can fabricate or know someone who can fabricate/weld then it wouldn't be too hard..im into Honda's myself and have done and seen a fair amount of conversions.. not sure if anyone remembers the b18c4 Vtec engine with a turbo in a mini cooper on ebay a while back? the chap had even swapped the Honda dash into the mini somehow,so i guess it wouldn't be so difficult..but if going through the hastle why not just go with the b16a1 or b16a2 engine with a s9b gearbox (LSD),158bhp stock and its dohc..saying that i may be attempting it myself in the future at some point..

I'd say go for the b16/18 instead.

I got a b16a2 in my other mini, brilliant engines and I'd imagine there might be room for a turbo as well in a k11 engine bay if 160bhp isn't enough.

Why pay for an overpriced, overweight Civic?

A D16 in a K11 would rip.

If you want to go balls deep, go for a B16A2 or hunt for a D15B VTEC :)
Yet we both now own Civics..

I'm not saying a D16 in a K11 body wouldn't be fun/quick but with all the time & work required and inevitable problems that would need to be solved it'd be a lot easier to just buy a Civic in the first place.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Enuo

Glorified Electrician

I'm not saying a D16 in a K11 body wouldn't be fun/quick but with all the time & work required and inevitable problems that would need to be solved it'd be a lot easier to just buy a Civic in the first place.

Civic would be slower though. If he wanted a car as slow as a civic he'd just tune the cg lump.

skymera

Brutal Honesty

No Honda tax on the much undesirable MB :)
Wasn't a personal dig at you btw

Civic would be slower though. If he wanted a car as slow as a civic he'd just tune the cg lump.

The D15 engines can be tuned pretty cheap. B16 also.