CVT question

Hello
Does anyone know if moving the automatic transmission lever into Neural & then back into Drive again whilst the car is moving would knacker the gearbox?

I don't plan to do it but it would be quite easy to accidentally knock the lever (particularly from the passenger seat) as for some reason Nissan made it 2 feet tall ! So it would be good to know

Cheers
Dave

OP
OP
M
I just wanted to know in case it happened by accident ;). The lever is so tall (why is it so big??) It always bothers me.
Cheers guys :)

I just wanted to know in case it happened by accident ;). The lever is so tall (why is it so big??) It always bothers me.
Cheers guys :)
I think they did that to give a bit of leverage, as selecting gear on the auto's can be a bit tough on occasions.

OP
OP
M
I won't do it unless I have to. I just wondered what would happen if it were knocked in to N on the move. Would I have to stop or just push it back into D, seems I may get away with just pushing it back into D.
Nice Cabrio by the way. I didn't know they did one until I was in Malta a few years back, saw a couple over there.

I won't do it unless I have to. I just wondered what would happen if it were knocked in to N on the move. Would I have to stop or just push it back into D, seems I may get away with just pushing it back into D.
Nice Cabrio by the way. I didn't know they did one until I was in Malta a few years back, saw a couple over there.
I would stop....definitely.;)

Many times when at a T junction where I need quick pullout (ooerr)!
I use DS, then when obtained the speed change to D.
When you think of it the CVT gearbox been set up for that!
Just can't understand why more manufacturers did not develop the CVT further. A fantastic gearbox.

OP
OP
M
Many times when at a T junction where I need quick pullout (ooerr)!
I use DS, then when obtained the speed change to D.
When you think of it the CVT gearbox been set up for that!
Just can't understand why more manufacturers did not develop the CVT further. A fantastic gearbox.

I have to say, I too have always wondered why others (& Nissan) didn't continue to use it. I've had small conventional auto's & CVT is definitely better.
I also rather like the whiney noise it makes (a mate of mine said it sounds like a Jet :D).

I have to say, I too have always wondered why others (& Nissan) didn't continue to use it. I've had small conventional auto's & CVT is definitely better.
I also rather like the whiney noise it makes (a mate of mine said it sounds like a Jet :D).

If you ever floored a 1.3 CVT it not half shifts and yes you get a massive whine. Don't do it too often though!

Unbelieveable today. Had a slight CVT issue.
On a dual carriageway today going against headwind up hill. from 45-60MPH getting a juddering back and forth. Just couldn't reach 60.
Any ideas. I do have a roof rack basket on the K11 now and I was wondering if this producing too much drag and the gearbox can't cope?