CVT oil level

N1554N

Site Supporter
hello peeps,
i have a 2001 Micra K11 automatic (1.4). I've noticed drips accumulating at the bottom of what looks like the transmission housing.
it seems like a slow one (never seen it actually 'drip' and leave a small puddle) but there seems to be an oily residue around this area which covers where the CV boot joint is too.
the colour is a translucent pinkish colour (which makes me think its transmission fluid).
so i'd like to know if the level has been affected.
is there a way to check the level of CVT transmission fluid somewhere?
the cars done around 83000 miles and i dont think the fluids ever been changed....
i can get some photos and stick them up later,
would like some advice/opinions on this :)

you may have to pardon what may be my massive amount of ignorance, but where would this dipstick be (other than at the computer writing this question). i know where the engine oil dipstick is and this oil level is fine.
i just want to know about the automatic gearbox oil level....

you may have to pardon what may be my massive amount of ignorance, but where would this dipstick be (other than at the computer writing this question). i know where the engine oil dipstick is and this oil level is fine.
i just want to know about the automatic gearbox oil level....

i,ve only checked the earlier type before, but your (post 2000) later type should still have a dipstick somewhere (yellow handle ?)

Back